Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Experience the magic and tranquility of traditional Greek village life with this villa on Santorini island. The holiday villa sits on a property over 300 years old, within a village that will truly take you back in time. Blue-domed churches, streets lined with ancient stone buildings, and a magnificent beach only 5 minutes away offer charm beyond belief. Not to mention that when you rent this villa in Greece, you also get an amazing view...
- Exterior Description
Situated in the unspoiled village of Mesa Gonia (designated a 'traditional settlement' by the European Union) which is located just 15 minutes by car from the capital of Fira and just 5 minutes from the beautiful, black, sandy beach of Camari and a myriad of restaurants, cafes, bars, and shops. The villa's elevated and serene setting provides both privacy and a sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of a resort or hotel. A holiday here affords the visitor a unique insight into life on the island 50 years ago, and the opportunity to experience the magic and tranquility of traditional Greek island village life.
The property is estimated to be 300-400 years old and consists of two separate units: The Main House (190 m2) has an expansive terrace (100 m2) and a secluded back patio (30 m2). Adjacent to the house is a the Studio House created from the ruins of the ancient village bakery and available only in conjunction with the Main House. The unique architectural style of Santorini has been preserved in both the interior and exterior with both patios offering great views of the village, the Aegean, and the mountain.
- Interior Description
Main House: Entered from either patio, the main living/entertainment area (50 m2) has arched walls and a high domed ceiling with a domed skylight. Three built-in sofa beds (2 x .9 m) serve as multiple seating areas or sleeping accommodations. At one side, one step down, is another section with another built-in sofa bed (2 x 1.5 m). A further two steps down lead to the master suite, which includes a large seating area, a loft bedroom with a queen-size bed, and a ceiling fan. The en suite bathroom features double sinks, a full shower, a sunken bathtub, and looks out onto the back courtyard. On the other side of the living area, two steps lead up to a small seating area and a second bedroom with a queen-size bed. Adjacent to the bedroom is a roomy bath with a full shower carved out of the hillside. The WC is set apart. The kitchen with a sea view overlooking the front terrace includes a cook top, convection oven, washing machine, and a full array of cooking utensils: blender, food processor, mixer, espresso maker (No dishwasher). The kitchen is ideal for informal dining, as is the outdoor patio and seating area.
- Features Description
Extra Services The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Greek Cooking Lessons: Upon request
- Wine Tours: Upon request
- Private Boat Tours: Upon request
- Yoga Classes: Upon request
- Massages: Upon request
- Basic Greek Language Lessons: Upon request
- Arrangements can be made for the first meal to be prepared and served on the lovely patio overlooking the village.
- Prior to arrival, guests may submit a grocery list of basic kitchen necessities and the fridge will be stocked before you arrive.
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Outside Area - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming Only
- Heating - Partial House
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Ceiling Fans - Partial House
- Fans Available - Upon Request
- Window Screens - Partial House
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Weekly Cleaning Charge: 75 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping (Available Upon Request) - Per Visit Charge: 75 EUR
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 11:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Great! The owner lives on the property and was very friendly and helpful. She gave us lots of "local" tips and went out of her way to make our stay a dream vacation.
It was located on the quieter end of the island above Kamari beach, so it was really nice for those of us who wanted to be out of the mainstream. The villa was beautiful and well-equipped, clean and charming. It had a great territorial view of the Kamari area and sea, as well as up the hillside towards Pyrgos.
The one bedroom has stairs, so just be aware if you travel with someone with mobility issues.
Kamari beach was very close, as was Pyrgos. A winery and brewery were within walking distance. The island was easily accessible by car, so we were able to see the entire island at our leisure. For those who enjoy hiking, there were several paths from the villa either up hill or down to the beach area.
Nearby Events or Locales:
The little town below was just a small residential area, but had some beautiful walking paths up the hill with great views.
Tips or Restaurants:
Rent a car and see the island--it's fantastic and you can travel in and around the cruise ship groups!! We took a catamaran trip off-island and it was well worth the extra expense.
The owner, Lianne, met us at the airport and drove us back to the villa. It was perfect and greatly appreciated. The villa is just 5 minutes from the airport.
Check In Out:
Lianne was a great hostess and was incredibly helpful without being intrusive. She made the visit that much better by offering insights on places to eat, visit, tips on dealing with the locals, etc.
Katherine , October