Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Fantastic views, an Infinity pool, and even your own home cinema-- what more could you ask for in your own Provencal villa rental? Stock up on groceries (or hire the cook!) and spend days enjoying the gorgeous gardens and surrounding landscape. But don't forget about seeing the sights, either! With a French villa that's in easy day trip distance of Avignon and Marseille, you can shop and sample wine to your hearts' content. So go all the way and live like a local in this farmhouse in France...
- Location Description
This superbly restored Provencal farmhouse is set on a hill and has panoramic views over the Luberon Valley. In the region made famous by Peter Mayle, many of the famous hilltop villages are only a short drive from this villa, with countless vineyards and restaurants within easy reach. Shops are located at Gordes, L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Cavaillon (with access to the highway and many supermarkets), Avignon, and Marseille (airport).
Marseille (Airport): 45-minute drive
Avignon: 30-minute drive
Cavaillon: 18 km/11 mi
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue: 17 km/10.5 mi
Gordes: 6 km/4 mi
- Exterior Description
This villa has spacious grounds and is terraced on several levels, with oak and olive trees providing shade. The south facing terrace offers the perfect place for al fresco dining and there is a wonderful curved 'infinity' swimming pool (12m x 8m). The house is very private, high on a hillside facing the citadel village of Menerbes across the Luberon Valley. The grounds are divided as follows: An entrance or driveway area of 7,000 m2 with "garrigues," or wild plants and trees; an 1800 m2 lavender field stretching south in front of the house; an expanse of lawn which meets the lavender field, terraced on 4 levels as the land descends; a sunken garden with overhanging trees ideal for summer lunchtime dining, overlooking the infinity pool on a lower level; the pool garden or west garden set in a lawn with a shaded 4 pillared pavilion. The garden furniture features comfortable chaise lounges, a large rattan suite of couches, armchairs, many salons, and a stone dining table.
- Interior Description
Ground Level: There is a large entrance leading to the North courtyard with a marble stone floor. A fully equipped professional kitchen has a walk in wash room and a walk in pantry. There is an oval dining room seating 10 people. There is a large salon (90 m2) with sofas, stereo, fireplace, many paintings, and other works of art. A reading room/library/office is equipped with phone and fax. There is also a guest WC and a cloakroom.
First Floor: There are 3 bedrooms. The first room features a canopy queen sized bed and an ensuite bathroom with shower, tub, two sinks, and separate toilet. There is a large Master bedroom with a king-size bed, dressing room, WC, and bath/shower room. The third room has a small double bed (140 cm - comfortable for one and cozy for two) and an ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and toilet.
Garden Level: Below the ground level there is a "basement level" with three bedrooms. The first room has a small double bed (140 cm - comfortable for one and cozy for two) and an ensuite WC and shower room. The second room has two twin-beds and an ensuite WC and shower room. The third room has a queen size bed and an ensuite WC and shower room. There is also a large sitting room with a home cinema featuring a 6 m2 electric screen and all supporting equipment for TV, Videos, and DVDs (all via large screen). Seats 12 comfortably. There is an extensive VHS and DVD library. There is also a wine cellar and a laundry with washing machine and dryer. There is Central heating.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Additional Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour; 25 Euros per hour on Sunday
- Concierge Service: Upon request
- There is an English-speaking "Meet & Greet" upon arrival.
- Housekeeping is provided 4 hours daily except on Sunday. The Maid will also prepare breakfast every day. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Swimming Pool
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Along with the final payment, a refundable security deposit is due. You will be requested to post a check to Rentvillas.com in the amount listed. The security deposit will be returned to you within 2 weeks of your departure from the property minus any damages to the property, or any charges incurred during your stay. The listed security deposit is: $6,250
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 30 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 60 EUR
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- Arrivals (After 8:00pm): Not Accepted
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
We are home now and want to let you know that we had a very enjoyable stay at our rental. The house was very comfortable, the weather perfect, the pool GREAT, the countryside beautiful. Everyone had a great time.
The dinner on the 7th went fine. We were all on the terrace overlooking the Luberon Mountains and it was a fabulous evening.
Yousef, our chef, was great, and he hired a singer, photographer, and rented tables and set-ups for our group. It was a wonderful 25th Anniversary.
The pool and the countryside.
The only problem we had was almost complete lack of Internet service, and we had really counted on that. Long story, but we felt the problem could have been fixed if we had someone who could unlock the office door to restart the modem. Even when we finally did get the system restarted, it only worked for about a day and then went out again.