Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Carved right out of the island's volcanic rock, this unique holiday villa in Santorini once served as the village schoolhouse! In the midst of a quiet, traditional Greek village, this Santorini villa allows you to relax with your companions by a small private pool, or step right into town for a taste of authentic culture. Once you've settled in to your accommodation in a Santorini villa, you'll want to take your complimentary rental car and explore the island, particularly the exciting capital, Fira. Come home for dinner in the evening... or stay out and enjoy the vibrant night life!
- Location Description
This villa is tucked away in a secluded part of Megalochori, a quiet, traditional village on an eastward-facing slope, just a short stroll from the village square. This village is the center of the island's wine production industry, so it's a great area to be if you like to go tasting. The main square is host to a couple of tavernas for eating out in local style. It is about 10 km away from Fira, the cliff-side town looking into the heart of the Caldera. One of Greece's most popular islands, Santorini has a fascinating geological history, as it is of volcanic origin. Throughout recorded history, parts of the island have dropped into the sea, while new islands have suddenly appeared off the coast! The island forms a crescent around the Caldera, or cauldron-- the collapsed center of the volcano. It is an enviable view! Fira is the capital of the island, host to the Archaeological Museum. Its main streets are filled with shops, cafes, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. That's right... Santorini is also famous for its thriving nightlife! Your choices for activities are almost endless... you can relax on red and black sand beaches, take a boat around the islands, hike around the cliffs, go shopping, or even take a ferry to other islands in the area.
- Exterior Description
Built into the volcanic rock, this villa once served as the village schoolhouse! The outdoor area is very private and the cobbled courtyard, complimented by a glistening private swimming pool, provides the perfect outdoor space for lazing around on hot summer days.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The layout of this house takes the form of traditional Santorini houses, with the kitchen at the center. The farm-style kitchen (stove, coffee maker, electric barbecue) is large and well equipped, with a dining area seating four. Double wooden doors on one side open up into a bedroom with a 160 cm queen-size bed. Inside this room, a wooden ladder leads up into a den, which has a 180 cm king-size bed. Through an arched passageway you'll find the living room, with doors leading out to the courtyard and pool. More double doors lead from the lounge into the comfortable master bedroom, which has a standard double bed of 140 cm. The lounge also leads into an open-space bathroom with a Jacuzzi and a shower with a separate restroom. A folding divider separates the bathroom from the rest of the living room.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Chef Service: Upon request
- Pre-Stocked Villa: Upon request
- Private Tour Guide: Upon request
- A guide will meet you at the port or airport with your car and show you the way to your villa
- This villa comes with a stocked pantry. Supplies usually include: Food: Fresh fruit, Greek yoghurt, fresh bread, egg & marmalade. Beverages: Orange juice, mineral water, milk, tea, & coffee.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Welcome Basket
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash or by credit card. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time