Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
This little Italian Lakes villa is sure to charm, with its panoramic terraces and comfortable living area. Perfect for a couple traveling with children, this Lake Maggiore villa has a master bedroom and two smaller rooms-- all with ensuite facilities. Just uphill from Lesa, this villa is also in a great position for exploring the lakes, whether you go south to Arona or north to Stresa.
- Location Description
Overlooking Lake Maggiore and the Castle of Angera, this villa is just above Lesa, between Stresa and Arona. Lesa is a lovely little lakeside town where you can find a post office, pharmacy, gas station, cafes, and restaurants. The nearest beach is just 2 km from this villa. There are plenty of things to see and do around the area-- explore other lakeshore towns by ferry, rent your own boat, go hiking, etc. You'll certainly want to visit the Borromean islands. Isola Bella, the largest, is almost entirely occupied by a villa built by Carlo III Borromeo in honor of his wife Isabella. Isola dei Pescatori harbors an ancient fishing village with tiny narrow streets and some good eating. Finally, there is Isola Madre with another Borromean palace and noteworthy botanical gardens. There is plenty of exploring to do in the mountains, the tiny lake shore villages, the markets, the spas or nearby Switzerland.
Nearby Attractions: Lesa (post office, pharmacy, gas station, cafes, restaurants), beach, hiking, boating, Borromean islands (Isola Bella, Isola dei Pescatori, Isola Madre), Stresa, Arona, mountains, lake shore villages, markets, spas, Switzerland.
Milan: 82 km/51 mi
Malpensa (Airport): 45 km/28 mi
Stresa (Ferry Connections): 10 km/6 mi
Arona: 10 km/6 mi
Lesa: 1.5 km/0.93 mi
- Exterior Description
(500 m2) Located in a residential area, this villa is surrounded by a fenced, manicured garden providing full privacy. Both terraces enjoy breathtaking views of the lake and a variety of outdoor seating areas for outdoor lounging or dining. The caretaker, who doesn't speak English, resides 200 meters from the villa, while the English (and French) speaking owner can assist you by phone if necessary. Parking is available for two cars. Please note that the local train passes 250 meters from the property-- downhill, separated by trees, bushes, and other properties. There is a steep and windy driveway to the villa, about 100 meters.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: This modern, nicely decorated villa on two floors opens into a spacious living room with a fireplace, TV, and French doors opening onto the large panoramic terrace, ideal for summer dining. A separate dining room has a table for eight, while the small kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, cook-top, microwave, and little electric oven. This floor also has a guest WC (sink and toilet).
First Floor: Downstairs there are three bedrooms. The master bedroom has a 160 cm queen-size bed with a view of the lake and access to the terrace. It also has an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub with shower. There are two twin-bedrooms (80 cm beds which can be joined) each with ensuite bathrooms with a sink, toilet, and tub with shower. Please note that the second and third bedrooms are quite small, so this property is best suited to a couple with children.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- The driveway up to the villa is steep and winding, about 100 meters.
- Please note that the second and third bedrooms are quite small, so this property is best suited to a couple with children.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming Only
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 800 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 80 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
We had a great time at this property.
The views. The caretaker was delightful even though her English was limited. She had provisioned the refrigerator with bottled water, eggs, butter, a couple of beers and cokes which had we known about we wouldn't have bought for ourselves prior to our arrival. She also had a lovely bowl of fruit for us as well. Terraces were great, plenty of seating a table and the views!
the train. we got used to it by the end of our stay but it took awhile. I was glad I had earplugs for sleeping. It is something we noticed everywhere we went. The trains are excellent and well used because they are conveniently located and run through towns so lots of people live within earshot of the train. I suppose it's part of being there.
The nearby towns of Lesa, Stresa, Arona, Meina were all lovely. In Stresa we went to Isola Bella, an island with a palace and beautiful gardens. North of Stresa we found another garden, Giardini di Villa Taranto, which we had been to 25 years ago. We spent some time in Como, near Turin and in Milano as we ventured out from our immediate surroundings a lot.
Nearby Events or Locales:
The nearest town was Lesa, downhill toward the lake or uphill to Massino Visconti, neither really within walking distance unless you have a lot of time.
Tips or Restaurants:
Property was well equipped.
It is a windy ride with lots of twists and sharp turns which we mastered by the end of our stay but it posed quite the challenge in the beginning. We did not have GPS.
Check In Out:
Check in and check out worked fine for us.