Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Magnificent views over Lake Maggiore, a swimming pool set amidst a flourishing garden, and a private staircase leading down to 150 meters of private beach are what make this villa in Lombardy truly endearing. Decorated in classical Italian style, the furniture of this vacation rental in Lombardia was designed and then handmade especially for the villa. In addition to being within walking distance of the charming town of Laveno, this self-catering accommodation is less than an hour by train from Milan and less than an hour by car to Switzerland.
- Location Description
Located above Lake Maggiore, which is the second largest of the Italian lakes, the villa is a 15-minute walk from the nearby town of Laveno where there are shops, markets, restaurants, banks, a post office, and pharmacy. It is also where you'll find a ferry boat dock that can take you across the lake to the towns of Stresa and Pallanza. Also within walking distance are a wide range of water sports, delta flying, and cycling courses. A train station is located in Laveno and this makes traveling to larger cities, such as Varese and Milan, extremely convenient. Varese is known for its place of pilgrimage, Sacro Monte (sacred mountain), and Milan, home to some of the biggest fashion shows in the world, is full of the country's best shops and boutiques. Some of the most beautiful lakes are also within day trip distance, including Lugano in Switzerland and Orta and Como in Italy.
Nearby Attractions: Lake Maggiore, water sports, delta flying, cycling, Laveno (shops, markets, restaurants, banks, post office, pharmacy, ferry boats, train station), Varese (sacred mountain), Milan (shops, restaurants, museums).
Como: 85 km/53 mi
Milan: 75 km/47 mi
Lake Orta: 65 km/40 mi
Lugano Lake (Switzerland): 40 km/25 mi
Malpensa Airport: 35 km/22 mi
Varese: 25 km/15.5 mi
Laveno: 1 km/0.62 mi
- Exterior Description
(22,000m2) Built in 1930 for a well-known Italian family at the time, this waterfront villa is situated within a large garden on a hill overlooking Lake Maggiore. There is a staircase of about 150 stone steps that lead down to 150 meters of private beach as well as a boathouse. Please be aware that this is a fairly steep path that may not be suited for those with walking disabilities or the very young. The garden has outdoor furniture and footpaths that allow scenic walks around the property. There are also two private swimming pools, one for the villa (6m x 14m) and one for the dependence with sun loungers. Access to the villa is located at the end of the road along a coast and parking is available within the grounds.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The entrance hall leads to the living room which has two sitting areas, a fireplace, and French doors opening to the garden. The dining room is furnished with a table and six chairs. The kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, oven, microwave, American coffee maker, espresso machine, and dishwasher as well as a table with 12 chairs. The first bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and access to the terrace and the second bedroom has an 80 cm narrow single bed (suitable for a child). There is also a room with a baby bed. The first bathroom has a sink, toilet, and tub with a handheld shower and the second bathroom has a sink, toilet, and shower. There is a washing machine and dryer located in a storage room near the garden.
First Floor: Twenty-one steps lead to this floor. There is one double bedroom with an adjacent bathroom with a double sink and bathtub. There is a another double bedroom with washbasin and one single bedroom. There is a separate bathroom with shower and a storage room. All bedrooms have French doors providing direct access to two large terraces.
Second Floor: A very narrow staircase (60 cm) leads to this floor where there is one twin-bedroom and two bathrooms, one with bathtub and shower-head and one with shower. On this floor there is one extra double bedroom available only upon request and at an extra cost. Please note that the decorations on this floor are very simple.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Portable Baby Crib: 100 Euros
- Please be aware that this is a fairly steep path of 150 stone steps leading from the garden to the private beach, which may not be suited for those with walking disabilities or the very young.
- There is an independent house also located on the grounds, but guests of this property do not share the swimming pool nor have access to the beach.
- According to Italian law, private beaches can also be accessed by other boats from the lake.
- This property accommodates a maximum of 10 people, including babies.
- Short stays (minimum 4 days) are accepted from March 29 - April 19, April 26-May 31, and September 13 - November 15, 2014 on bookings with arrival and departure dates between two Saturdays (Sunday - Thursday is fine, Wednesday - Monday would not be accepted).
- Housekeeping is provided for 3 hours on Wednesday, and Saturday for rentals of 2 weeks or more. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
- This property provides a welcome basket with pasta, vegetables, salad, fruit, bread, wine, milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, and cereal.
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Local Calls Only
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Fans Available - Upon Request
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping - Included
- Welcome Basket
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen (Weekly Charge): 100 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Utility Deposit (Payable in Cash Upon Arrival) - Weekly Charge: 200 EUR
- Gas: According to consumption
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: