Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Originally a medieval monastery, this luxury accommodation in Tuscany has evolved over time into the current lovingly restored farmhouse. Suitable for a large group or family, this farmhouse for rent in Tuscany is located in the Chianti wine region of Italy. The choice is yours to explore the countryside, nearby villages and towns, or stay home at your luxury villa in Tuscany and relax next to the pool and whirlpool.
- Location Description
This villa is located on a hilltop near Mercatale Val di Pesa in Tuscany's Chianti Classico wine area. There are expansive countryside views over the olive groves, vineyards, and woods. This villa is private and tranquil with close proximity to local hill towns and within driving distance to Greve, Florence, San Gimignano and Siena. The nearby villages of Mercatale Val di Pesa and Montefiridolfi have a few shops, restaurants and cafes. Greve is a little town with a cute market square lined with porticos, the oldest part of the city from when it operated as a stopping place between Florence and Siena. It also has an art museum in the former convent of San Francesco. The area surrounding Greve is littered with picturesque villages, great for exploration, and there are also numerous castelli in the countryside that host wine tasting. The countryside surrounding Greve is also an excellent place to go walking, horseback riding, and bicycling. Florence, only 30 km away, is too tempting to miss! World-renowned for its art, culture, and architecture, you can immerse yourself in Florentine life in countless ways. Shop the Ponte Vecchio, marvel at the Statue of David, step back in time at the Pitti Palace, or tour the artistic wonders of the Uffizi Gallery. With all there is to see and do, don’t forget to spend an hour or two relaxing with a cappuccino in one of the squares before heading home.
Nearby Attractions: Mercatale Val di Pesa (shops, restaurants, cafes), Montefiridolfi (shops, restaurants, cafes), Greve, Siena, San Gimignano, Florence
Monteriggioni: 43 km/27 mi
Florence: 18 km/11 mi
Montefiridolfi: 6 km/3.5 mi
Mercatale Val di Pesa: 2km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
(10,000 m2/107,639 ft2)
This vacation rental was originally a medieval stone and brick monastery. Over time, the monastery evolved into the current farmhouse which has been renovated recently (2006). Beautiful vineyards and olive groves surround the farmhouse as well as an extensive vegetable and fruit garden, which visitors are welcome to pick from. This farmhouse has a swimming pool (15m x 7.5m), open from early May to late September, and a whirlpool (cold water, only) area furnished with sun lounges, tables, and chairs with umbrellas. Near the swimming pool is a changing room with two showers and a WC and a fitness area. Barbecue for dinner or experience an ‘al fresco’ lunch on the shaded stone patio which is furnished with a table and chairs. Access to the property is via a dirt road and there is plenty of parking within the grounds.
- Interior Description
This two-story villa has beautiful terracotta tiles and beamed ceilings throughout.
Ground Floor: There is a living room with a double sofa bed (available for an extra cost), satellite SKY TV, DVD player, and CD player. There is a dining area with a table for 12 people. There is a fully-equipped kitchen which features a microwave, oven, dishwasher. The first bedroom (up 5 steps) has a 160 cm queen-size bed, air conditioning, a fan, and screens on the window. There is a bathroom with a sink, WC and shower. There is also a study situated between the dining room and kitchen which has a double sofa bed (available for an extra cost). This room does have curtains so that it can be separated from the other rooms.
First Floor: Going up a flight of stairs, there is a living room with a fireplace, satellite TV, and PC computer with printer. The master bedroom has a 180 cm king-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, WC and Jacuzzi tub. The second bedroom has two 90 cm twin-beds (can be joined together) and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, WC and Jacuzzi tub. The third bedroom has a 160 cm queen-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, WC and shower. The fourth bedroom has a 160 cm queen-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, WC and shower. There is also a separate WC. There is air conditioning on this floor.
Basement:There is a wine cellar and a laundry room with a washing machine and dryer, iron and iron board.
This dependence is situated behind the Main House with its own private entrance.
Ground Floor: There is a sitting area with chairs, a kitchenette, and a bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower. There is air conditioning.
Loft: There is a 160 cm queen-sized bed.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
- Laundry Service and Ironing: 12 Euros per hour
- Sofa Bed: 200 Euros per person per week
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- This property can also be rented without the Cottage, under the name
Casa dei Frati
to accommodate less people.
- Air Conditioning: Available in the upstairs bedrooms only
- Due to the stone steps connecting the two floors, this villa is not suitable to people with walking difficulties.
- Housekeeping is provided for 3 hours, Monday through Friday. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Jacuzzi Tub - Inside
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Internet - Wireless
- Mobile Telephone Available - Extra Cost
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Included
- Heating - Whole House
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen (Weekly Charge): 100 EUR
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 370 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 100 EUR
- Air conditioning: According to consumption
- Electricity: According to consumption
- Utility Deposit (Payable in Cash Upon Arrival) - Weekly Charge: 500 EUR
- A sofa bed for an extra person is available upon request for the weekly rate of: 200 EUR per person
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time