View all photos
- About The Experience
Invite your family and friends to this villa overlooking Lake Como. Within walking distance of a small village and just one kilometer from the lakeshore, this independent villa offers privacy and views. Dine al fresco on one of the patios looking over the lake or drive into nearby Menaggio for a night out.
- Location Description
This independent villa is located on the west side of Lake Como, just 400 meters walking distance (or one kilometer by car) from the village of Molvedo. Within the village is a post office, bank, an Alimentari (grocery) shop, a pharmacy, bar, and restaurant. The pretty village of San Siro is also just one kilometer from the villa and offers a glimpse of the ancient past with a castle and arcades dating back to the year 1000. The picturesque lake resort offers shopping, restaurants, a bus stop, boat rentals, sailing, surfing, and hiking opportunities. Menaggio is a popular recreation area, with opportunities for windsurfing, water skiing, and other water-based activities. Visitors can also rent a bicycle and explore the area or take a walk down the lakeside promenade, lined with flowers. Como, located at the southernmost tip of the lake which bears its name, is perfect for a day’s outing.
Como: 30 km/19 mi
Menaggio: 6 km/4 mi
San Siro: 1 km/0.62 mi
Molvedo: 400 m/1312 ft
- Exterior Description
(1000 m2/10764 ft2)
The villa offers absolute privacy! The large garden is surrounded by a fence with an electronic gate. The back of the lawn is bordered with bushes and trees. There is a covered loggia and a large terrace with a barbecue and a table and chairs for 8 people for dining al fresco. There is also an above ground swimming pool (4m x 6m). Parking is available inside the property.
- Interior Description
(180 m2/1938 ft2)
Main Floor: Entering from a glass covered loggia, here is a living room with view of the lake, a comfortable sofa, a studio area with wireless internet, and Satellite TV. The kitchen, completely restored in 2008, is fully equipped with a gas range, large oven, grill, dishwasher, coffee maker, and toaster. The kitchen has a table for 12 people and access to the terrace. There is also a storage room and stairs to the lower level.
Taverna (lower level): There is a living area with sofa, satellite TV, VCR, DVD player, and French windows leading to the garden. There is also one twin bedroom (90cm; beds cannot be joined), and a bathroom with bathtub and handheld shower.
Loft/Mezzanine: The Green bedroom has a double bed and a single bed (90 cm).
First Floor: The Yellow bedroom has a French bed (140 cm; comfortable for one, cozy for two) and an ensuite bathroom with shower. The Blue bedroom has two twin beds (90cm; beds cannot be joined). The Blue and Green bedrooms share a bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub. From the upper floor, the bedrooms offer beautiful views of the lake
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Chef Service: Upon request
- Additional Housekeeping: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Extra Bed: 150 Euros per week
- Advanced grocery shopping: Upon request
- Housekeeping is provided for two hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Bath linens are changed twice a week and bed linens are changed each Saturday.
- A standard double bed (140 cm) is considered narrow for two people by American standards.
- A telephone is not available at the villa. li>
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- Jacuzzi Tub - Inside
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 800 EUR
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen (Weekly Charge): 100 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: