Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
If you have ever had a hankering to stay in a historic Castle in Tuscany amidst vineyards and Chianti towns, this fits the bill. Owned by a Florentine family, this castle estate is well located for daytrips throughout the region. There is a restaurant onsite open six days a week and a lovely garden and pool area. The castle has been divided into several apartments. In addition, there is a farmhouse and other units on the estate that share the castle grounds and pool.
- Location Description
The property is located one kilometer from Montagnana where there are several food shops and a restaurant. Five kilometers away is Montespertoli, a town dating back to the Etruscan times. Today, you’ll be able to buy groceries, go wine tasting, visit medieval castles, shop for souvenirs, attend food fairs, and eat at one of the many restaurants. There are numerous annual festivals throughout the year celebrating everything from wine to doughnuts to ecology. There are also a number of notable churches and ancient buildings, including the Chiesa di Sant’Andrea and the Villa Sonnino. Short drives away that offer wonderful views of the countryside are to Florence and San Gimignano. When in Florence, visit the Piazza San Giovanni, also known as the religious heart of the city, and you’ll see the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, built in the 15th century. Other marvelous attractions include the Ponte Vecchio where you can go shopping, the Accademia Gallery full of Florentine paintings, and the Uffizi Gallery, one of the oldest and most famous art museums in the world. There is also a train station in Florence that can take you quickly and conveniently to other cities in the region.
Nearby Attractions:Montespertoli is surrounded by farms, olive mills and wineries including the Fattoria La Gigliola Winery. It celebrates food, wine and ecology with its many festivals. The Chianti Wine Festival is usually held the first week of June. Worth a visit is the the Chiesa di Sant’Andrea, as well as Villa Sonnino. Greve in Chianti hosts the biggest wine festival in the region each September and is also a fun town to explore. Its central piazza, Piazza Mercatale, is uniquely shaped like a funnel. Nearby Certaldo and its medieval village of Certaldo Alta are full of medieval architecture such as the Pretorio Palace. Don’t miss the Renaissance festival held every July.
Pisa: 70 km/43.5 mi
Siena: 65 km/40 mi
San Gimignano: 48 km/30 mi
Florence: 30 km/18.5 mi
Certaldo: 27 km/16.5 mi
Greve in Chianti: 26 km/16 mi
Montespertoli: 5 km/3 mi
Montagnana: 1 km/0.62 mi
Bus Stop to Florence: 150 m/492 ft
- Exterior Description
This large castle estate has an English garden, vineyards, olive trees, lemon trees, plants, and flowers. Beside the castle there is a farmhouse and other units that share the grounds, a reception area (open 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm) and restaurant (open every night but Wednesdays from April to October). There is a shared swimming pool (12m x 6m) surrounded by a sun deck with sun loungers. The pool is open from early April to the end of October. Parking is available within the property grounds.
- Interior Description
This apartment is located within the estate 50 meters from the castle. It shares the facilities of the castle and is located 150 meters from the shared swimming pool.
Ground Floor: There is a large living room with Satellite TV and a fireplace. There is a dining area and access to a separate kitchen.
First Floor: There is a double bedroom with a queen size bed (160 cm) and a room with two narrow twin beds (80 cm), most suitable for young people. There are two bathrooms with showers.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Housekeeping: 12 Euros per hour
- Extra Bed: 77 Euros per person, per week
- Portable Baby Crib: 50 Euros per child, per week
- Washing Machine: 3 Euros per load
- Il Castello is composed of 33 different apartments:
Il Castello 1b,
Il Castello 2,
Il Castello 3,
Il Castello 4,
Il Castello 5,
Il Castello 7,
Il Castello 8,
Il Castello 9,
Il Castello 10,
Il Castello 11,
Il Castello 12,
Il Castello 13,
Il Castello 14,
Il Castello 18,
Il Castello 19 B,
Il Castello 21,
Il Castello 23,
Il Castello 24,
Il Castello 25,
Il Castello 27,
Il Castello 28,
Il Castello 29,
Il Castello 30,
Il Castello 31,
Il Castello 32,
Il Castello 33,
Il Castello 34,
Il Castello 35,
Il Castello Cappella,
Il Castello Cupola,
Il Castello Freschi, and
Il Castello Grotta.
All of these apartments can be rented together under the name
to accommodate up to 120 people.
- Rentals in July and August must have arrivals and departures on Saturdays. For other months of the year arrivals can be any day.
- There is a restaurant on site which offers traditional dishes of the Chianti region. It is open every night, excluding Wednesdays, from April until October.
- Free WiFi is available in a large room in front of the Reception Office.
- The pool is open from the beginning of April until the end of October.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Area - Shared
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Reception Office
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 150 EUR
- Final Cleaning Charge (Mandatory -To be paid upon arrival): 60 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Heating - Daily Charge: 13 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 25 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: between 8 am and 10 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: