Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
With traditional furnishings, a private swimming pool, and a fantastic location just south of Florence, this Tuscan villa for rent is right out of your Italian fantasies! This is not a bare hotel; this is a home, a Tuscany villa near Florence filled with character and elegance. From this vacation villa in Tuscany you can tour the wonders of Florence, explore the countryside, or simply relax by your own pool.
- Location Description
Just 2 km from the Superstrada linking Florence and Siena, this villa is located near Bargino and Montefiridolfi, a couple of very small villages. Grocery stores and restaurants are just a minute or two further, in San Casciano. Due to its strategic hilltop position just outside of Florence, this hilltop town was repeatedly savaged until the year 1356, when its fortifications were completed. Gradually, it began to act as a "lookout" for Florence, and finally turned into an area where rich Florentines vacationed. There aren't many "sights" here, but plenty of general services. The real treasure is in the valley below: the majestic city of Florence. World-renowned for its art and culture, go here to shop the Ponte Vecchio, marvel at the statue of David, step back in time at the Pitti Palace, or tour the wonders of the Uffizi Gallery (remember to get tickets in advance!). Of course, you could also simply relax in the square outside the Duomo with a book or a cappuccino. ...And might we also recommend climbing something tall, to take in the wonderful views? The countryside, of course, is also fantastic for exploration: this is prime Chianti country, with fine wines, medieval villages, and rural views that just can't be beat.
Nearby Attractions: Be sure to experience the wines produced by the estate in their weekly wine tastings. Further afield, there are many other opportunities for wine tasting: La Sala Winery (San Casciano), Il Solatione Winery (Mercatale Val di Pesa), Cennatoio Winery and Villa Cafaggio Winery (Panzano). In Florence, explore Bargello and the Opera del Duomo which house two of the greatest collections of sculptures in the world. Along with the top museums like Uffizi, Galleria dell'Accademia, and Museo di Palazzo Vecchio, be sure to visit the Archeological Museum, the Museum of the History of Science and the Museo Stibbert, which has a famous collection of armor.
Pisa: 100 km/62 mi
Siena: 50 km/31 mi
Florence: 21 km/13 mi
San Casciano: 6 km/3.5 mi
Montefiridolfi: 4 km/2.5 mi
Bargino: 2 km/ 1mi
- Exterior Description
This ancient farmhouse , surrounded by olive groves, is situated inside a beautiful and historic estate. The 11th century castle and the 13th century stone houses make up the hamlet. The property was purchased in 1511 by Niccolò Machiavelli, whose descendants restored the complex. The house has a stupendous view. It is bright and cosy, furnished with period pieces and ancient kilim rugs and is equipped with all the modern conveniences. The outdoor areas and the swimming pool (10m x 5m), which is open from the beginning of May to the end of September, area are well maintained and equipped. The farmhouse is well located for visiting both Florence and Siena, with the Superstrada connecting the two just a few minutes away - 2km from the house.
- Interior Description
(352 m2/3,789 ft2)
Ground Floor:There is a large living/dining room with two comfortable sofas (both are single sofa beds). There is a bedroom with a queen-size bed and a bathroom with shower. The small kitchenette is perfect for preparing light meals.
First Floor: Spacious living room with fireplace, lounge with double sofa bed (comfortable for one; cozy for two), a large kitchen (with dishwasher), a dining room with seating for 8, and a loggia with table and chairs for outside dining. There is also a bathroom with shower and a washing machine, as well as a guest bathroom with sink and toilet.
Second floor: On this level, there is a sitting room, two queen-size bedrooms, one of which with an ensuite bathroom with tub (with handheld shower), and a twin-bedded room, and another bathroom with tub (with handheld shower).
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Chef Service Available: Upon request
- Housekeeping Available: Upon request
- The gym shown in the images is for the exclusive use of the clients staying in this villa.
- This villa is independent and is located approximately 150 meters from the Machiavelli complex.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Gym Equipment
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 600 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
We loved everything about it. It was the perfect place to spend Christmas with our family. It was very roomy, and the separate apartment in the basement was nice to have for our teenage kids to have a little space of their own.
The location was great with easy access to Florence as well as many other quaint towns. We also appreciated having a staff on hand to help us out. They were very accommodating and helpful. The villa stayed really cozy and warm even with snowy winter weather outside.
Not enough hot water.
Many wonderful small towns are near by with an endless supply of great restaurants and shops. It was nice to be so close to Florence about a 20 min drive and yet still be out in the country.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Bargino, but it is very small. You could walk but it would be a hike back up- about 1 mile or so up a steep road. San Casciano was about 5 km and it is a good size town with grocery stores, restaurants etc.
Tips or Restaurants:
We had a wonderful meal at the Restaurant "La Delfina" in the small town of Artimino, about a 30 minute drive from the villa. The views from the restaurant are amazing.
It was very easy to find even in the dark. It is right off the Superstrada which makes it very easy to get to.
Check In Out:
The staff was so helpful. They even did our laundry for us when the washing machine broke.