Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Enjoy the weather and scenery of Sicily in a superb active olive oil and wine producing estate overlooking stunning Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe. The property is quiet and has breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside and all the amenities of a 21st century lifestyle. It is close to medieval villages, and ancient ruins; and, of course, an active volcano. It is an ideal villa for a group of friends or a large extended family and is equally suited for relaxing days around the pool, hiking along the many trails or sightseeing at the local destinations.
- Location Description
The villa is located less than four kilometers from Moio Alcantara, a small Sicilian commune where you’ll find a few shops and restaurants. Venture a little further and you’ll reach Castiglione di Sicilia, a beautiful town with a larger selection of shops, restaurants, and markets. The Cathedral Church is a definite must for site seeing while visiting as it dates back to the 18th century. Goat and pig farms surround this hilltop town so you won’t have to look far to find delicious cheese and salamis. You’ll also be able to shop for handmade crafts like tapestries, embroideries, and pastries. When you’re done exploring the town, be sure to visit the Mt Etna Craters and take a trip or two to the beach!
Nearby Attractions: Moio Alcantara (shops, restaurants), Castiglione di Sicilia (shops, restaurants, markets, church, crafts for sale), Il Picciolo Golf Course, Radazzo, Mt Etna Craters, beaches, Taormina Mare, Acitrezza/Faraglioni.
Acitrezza/Faraglioni: 50 km/31 mi
Taormina Mare: 35 km/22 mi
Beaches: 35 km/22 mi
Mt. Etna Craters: 25 km/15.5 mi
Radazzo: 13 km/8 mi
Il Picciolo Golf Course: 10 km/6 mi
Castiglione Di Sicilia: 7 km/4 mi
Moio Alcantara: 3.5 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
(6 hectares) It is surrounded by olive groves and vineyards, immediately around the villa are grassy expanses and a private garden of about 3,000 m2. The Manor house dates back to 1870, has three levels and smooth exterior walls. There is a tennis court that can be easily booked upon request. The private salt water pool, with panoramic views, is L-shaped, and measures 15 meters x 6 meters. There are numerous sun loungers. There are outdoor table and chairs for al fresco dining or simply enjoying the outdoors. Several paths lead down through the vineyards and the olive trees and to a historic park. There is plenty of parking (up to 12 cars) on the property.
- Interior Description
The villa was completely refurbished in 2008 to a very high standard and features local materials such as lava stonework from Etna, hand-made terracotta floors and walnut shutters. All decorations, furnishings and fittings combine the best of modern design and antique furniture and paintings. It has both air-conditioning and heating so can be rented year round. The interior is well lit and very comfortable.
Ground Floor: The ground floor has a historic antique wine making and oil storage facility including a unique vaulted cellar. A washing machine and a dryer are available to guests. Guests also have access to the gym machine and ping pong table.
First Floor: Two beautiful lava stone stairs open up into the main entrance of the villa. The living room and dining area have a vaulted ceiling, an open fireplace, sofas and armchairs. The dining room has a large gorgeous wooden oval dining table and a library area with a quiet reading corner with a selection of books in English. There is a very large eat-in kitchen that has been professionally equipped with a large cook-top, oven, microwave and dishwasher. It has access to the outside private garden. There are three master bedrooms on the first floor. Each bedroom has a king-size (180 cm mattress) bed, an ensuite bathroom with shower and tub and an outstanding view from the window. The beds can each be split into two large single beds if desired.
Second Floor: A spiral lava stone staircase in hallway leads to the second floor. It has a double bedroom with a king-size (180 cm mattress) bed and an ensuite bathroom with shower. There is also a large 80 m2 terrace lounge with a panoramic view. It is furnished with sun loungers and a large dining table.
Outbuilding About five meters away
There is an open-plan kitchen, a large dining area and a living room. There is a private terrace. There are two bedrooms, each with a king-size bed (180 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with shower and tub. The beds can each be split into two large single beds if desired.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 120 Euros, plus food and beverage
- Cooking Lessons: 40 Euros per person
- Extra Housekeeping: 12 Euros per hour
- Pre-Stocked Villa: 20 Euros
- Transfer Service: 120 Euros
- Babysitting: 12 Euros per hour
- A Welcome Basket is provided upon arrival.
- King-sized beds can be separated to form two single beds upon prior request.
- Two of the bedrooms on the first floor are located in a separate building five meters away.
- Housekeeping: Provided for 3 hours per day (except Sundays)
- Italian Breakfast is provided Monday through Saturday (not on Sundays).
- The property can be rented for fewer people under the name
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Welcome Basket
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating - Weekly Charge: 300 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Air Conditioning - Weekly Charge: 300 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time