View all photos
- About The Experience
Set in a quiet position surrounded by the Tuscany countryside, this stone farmhouse is an absolute delight. You and your friends and family can explore the extensive grounds of this self-catering accommodation in Italy and go swimming, have a barbecue, or simply take a stroll but also know there are horseback riding facilities, tennis courts, and a golf course nearby. Speaking of nearby, the lovely town of Lucca is just 20 minutes away from this farmhouse rental.
- Location Description
The small town of Orentano is located a kilometer and a half from the property. It is best known and appreciated for its many shows and festivals held throughout the year. Children will love the annual carnival, which is celebrated starting the week before lent and ending the night of Ash Wednesday. The many events include a parade of floats, drawing and painting competitions, and people dressed in lively costumes to inspire the imaginations of all. In July there is a pizza and beer festival featuring traditional Tuscan dishes, and in August comes the cake festival, celebrated with the creation and display of one elaborate, gargantuan cake! You can always find a restaurant, a pizzeria, and various small shops in town. The surrounding area also produces two famous DOC wines: Montecarlo and Chianti. The nearby medieval hamlet of Altopascio is also well worth a visit, as it has a long and interesting history dating back to the 12th century. Altopascio also offers a Thursday market, a bakery, supermarket, and an internet point. But if you have a taste for more urban delights, this Tuscany apartment also has easy access to the Autostrada, so you'll have no problem taking day trips to various Tuscany highlights, including Lucca, Pisa, and Florence.
Florence: 66 km/41 mi
Pisa: 50 km/31 mi
Versilia: 50 km/31 mi
Lucca: 23 km/14 mi
Montecatini Terme: 20 km/12 mi
Altopascio: 5 km/3 mi
Orentano: 1.5 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
Surrounded by a quiet and peaceful garden, this ancient farmhouse has been recently restored while maintaining its original design and architecture. The garden is full of plants, trees, flowers, and other greenery. There is a covered veranda with a table and chairs as well as a barbecue making it perfect for outdoor dining. The private swimming pool (14m x 6m) is surrounded by sun loungers and umbrellas. Please be aware there is another villa on the estate where the owners live but complete privacy is ensured at all times. Covered parking is available within the property grounds.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: There is a living room with couches, chairs, a fireplace, and satellite TV. A dining area has a table with chairs and opens to the covered veranda. The kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, oven, toaster, American coffee maker, and dishwasher. There is one bedroom with a 160 cm queen-sized bed (which can be separated to form two single beds upon prior request) and one bathroom with a sink, toilet, shower, and tub as well as access to the garden.
Open Gallery: Above the living room are two sofa beds (each suitable for one).
First Floor: A staircase leads up to four bedrooms. The first and second bedrooms each have a 160 cm queen-sized bed and the third and fourth bedrooms each have two 90 cm single beds. There are three bathrooms, each with a sink, toilet, and shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Cooking Classes: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Extra Bed: 100 Euros per week
- Painting Lessons: Upon request
- Please be aware there is another villa on the estate where the owners live but complete privacy is ensured at all times.
- Pets are welcome at an additional cost of 50 Euros per week.
- The pool is open from the end of April until the middle of October.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Whole House
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Final Cleaning Charge (Mandatory -To be paid upon arrival): 150 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (after 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 25 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: between 8 am and 10 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time