Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
This lakeshore villa on Lake Como has a private dock and is close to a ferry pier for ferries to destinations around the lake. Elegant yet comfortable, this holiday rental is just a few kilometers from Cernobbio as well as just a quick water-taxi trip away from Como, Bellagio, and Tremezzo. Whether you’re strolling through the garden, sunbathing on the terrace, or feasting on Italian fare in the dining room, the views are outstanding!
- Location Description
This villa is situated within walking distance of a restaurant, but you're sure to find a larger selection of shops and restaurants in Cernobbio, which is three kilometers away. Cernobbio is a waterfront town that is full of shops, cafes, and restaurants. The streets are narrow and the piazzas feature cobblestones- both of which add charm to the town's already picturesque environment. The area is filled with a wide range of luxury villas and mansions, as well as the legendary Villa d'Este. Gorgeous gardens surround the villa that includes dozens of different flowers and even a mosaic from the time it was built. Como, located at the southernmost tip of the lake which bears its name, is perfect for a day's outing. Sights in Como include the Duomo, the austere church of San Abbondio, the Piazza S. Fedele (with many 400-year-old buildings), and the Basilica, one of the masterpieces of the maestri comacini (Como masters). Lake Como is lined with medieval and Renaissance villages, so taking a trip in any direction will lead you to beautiful and historical cathedrals, palazzos, and piazzas. The Nazigazione dei Laghi pier, where you can find ferries to other destinations, is only 400 meters away.
Nearby Attractions: shops, restaurants, Cernobbio (shops, cafes, restaurants, cobblestone piazza's, Villa d'Este), Como (Duomo, chuches), medieval villages with cathedrals, palazzos, and piazzas.
Milan: 50 km/31 mi
Como: 7 km/4 mi
Cernobbio: 3 km/2 mi
Navigazione dei Laghi Pier (Ferries): 400 m/1312 ft
Shops, Restaurants: Within walking distance
- Exterior Description
This gorgeous Italian villa situated right on Lake Como features a private dock from which it is possible to rent water-taxis. There is a large panoramic terrace furnished with sun loungers overlooking the surrounding lake and mountains. In the garden is a barbecue and ping-pong table. Parking for two cars is available within the property grounds. The lake road is at the back of the villa, but the bedrooms, living and dining room face the lake.
- Interior Description
First Floor: The entrance leads to a formal living room with French doors opening to a terrace with views of the lake and mountains. A second living room has couches, chairs, a plasma TV with satellite, and a DVD player. There is also a room with a pool table that opens to another terrace.
Ground Floor: A staircase leads down to a dining room with a fireplace and access to the garden. The kitchen is also on this floor and is equipped with a cook-top, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, espresso machine, and dishwasher. There is one bedroom with a 160 cm queen-sized bed as well as a shower. There is a guest bathroom with a sink and toilet. A fitness room has a sauna and a shower.
Second Floor: A staircase leads up to three bedrooms. The first bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed, a private terrace overlooking the lake, and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub with a handheld shower. The second bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and views of the lake. The third bedroom has two 90 cm single beds. There is a second bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub with a handheld shower.
- Features Description
Arrive & Relax: This property allows you to show up, drop your bags, and settle in without a hassle. No searching for a grocery store after that long flight, and no worrying about Sunday store closures. You can deal with the details later… after a meal and a good nights' sleep! Arrive & Relax provisions include:
- Welcome Dinner: This simple meal will be left for you with heating instructions and includes: a pasta dish, vegetable dish, salad, fruit, bread, and wine.
- Stocked Pantry: Basic groceries will be provided according to the number in your party. Supplies will include milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, and cereal.
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Chef Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Air Conditioning: 200 Euros per week
- The lake road is behind the villa, but the bedrooms and living and dining room face the lake. There can be some road noise.
- A gardener comes 3 times per week.
- Housekeeping is provided for 3 hours on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. Towels are changed on Wednesday and Saturday; Linens are changed on Saturday. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Billiard/Pool Table
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 300 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 10 EUR
- Air conditioning: According to consumption
- Extra Bed - Weekly Charge: 250 EUR
- Utility Deposit (Payable in Cash Upon Arrival) - Weekly Charge: 350 EUR
- Gas: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Electricity (above 50 euros per week): According to consumption
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 3 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
It was a dream come true--like living in a fantasy.
We loved the gardens, the view and, most of all, the kitchen where we spent a lot of time. The owners were most gracious and attentive. They made us feel as if the place were our own.
It is located not far from the Villa d' Este, which is our favorite part of Lake Como--lush with beautiful villas and views.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Cernobbio is very nearby and within walking distance, if you are a good walker. I would suggest driving, however parking spaces can be difficult to find especially during peak hours and on the weekend. Taxis are readily available.
Tips or Restaurants:
The house, especially the kitchen, is very well equipped with everything needed, including hair dryers and an endless supply of towels. It also has wireless and complimentary Internet which works very well.
We did use a GPS. The manager, who is very attentive and accessible, came by car to guide us in the first time.
Check In Out:
Check-in and out were simple and expedient. The owners and manager, who all live nearby, came over to familiarize us with the villa and property. Especially welcomed after a long drive was a refrigerator stocked with all sorts of delights--enough food for a week.
We had a terrific time at Villa Cernobbio! We would stay there again.
The villa is special, the garden very special, and the location central. Stefano was MORE THAN accommodating. Always there to help.
There needs to be a House Book on how to use the appliances. The kitchen needs more utensils. I bought a wisk, but the kitchen needed sharp knives, colander, small frying pan, large water pitchen.
We had a fabulous stay. The property manager Stefano went out of his way to ensure we enjoyed our stay. From the food he had stocked the kitchen with for our arrival to booking restaurants for us he was wonderful.
The garden was incredible. It was very long with a wonderful shady patio and beautiful sunny lawn all along the lake front. It was lovely to be able to swim in the lake right in front of the house. Being right on the lake was also cooler than in town or up the mountain.
The house is right on the road, so with the windows open the traffic noise was loud. There is not constant traffic but the bus toots its horn right outside the house every hour starting at 7:30 am. Getting the car in and out of the gate was also challenging. The road is narrow and the house sits between 2 curves which made seeing oncoming traffic difficult. Also the villa is on 3 levels. The kitchen, dining room and garden access and one bedroom are on the bottom floor. The living rooms and entry are on the middle floor and the other bedrooms are upstairs. The ceilings are very high so there are a lot of stairs. We had our parents with us and it was a coin toss for who would get the bedroom on the bottom floor so as not to have so many stairs to climb.
The lake is beautiful as are the mountains. The ferry stop was a short 10 min walk from the house and you could take a ferry all over the lake. Down to Como or up the lake to Bellagio, Mennagio or Tremezzo. There were lots of good places to eat and shop and visit close by.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Maltrasio was the closest town. There were a few dining options along the road there which you could easily walk to. There was a small minimart up the hill in Maltrasio. It was about a 5 minute climb up. It had a varied selection from fresh fruit and veggies meat and cheese. There was a nice bakery in Cernobbio about a 5 min drive, as well as a nice take-away. About 5 mins more in the car and you could get to a big grocery store, The Bennet, which had everything liquor, food, housewares.
Tips or Restaurants:
We had a wonderful dinner up the lake in Sala Comacina at La Tirlandana. We went to Villa D'Este one afternoon and walked around the gardens and had cocktails. Also a wonderful lunch there. We would have liked to have our own boat, and when we go back we will organize it beforehand.
Because of the gates on the house you have to contact Stefano when you reach Cernobbio so he can be there to open them for you. You can't really stop on the road especially if there are any cars behind you. The Italian drivers are not very patient.
Sandra , July