Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
This exquisite, wow-experience Venice villa is not only located on one of the most cherished islands of the Venetian lagoon, Torcello, but is also the only villa there, which makes it a special place indeed. Its grand garden features a private swimming pool, a furnished terrace, and even ruins of an ancient Romanesque church. In addition, it’s a short walk to restaurants as well the vaporetto stop connecting you to Venice.
- Location Description
The property is located on the island of Torcello, just a five-minute walk from the Vaporetto (waterbus) stop that connects to the center of Venice. Torcello was built and became important in the fifth century after thousands of people fled here after their hometowns were invaded. In the center of town stands the Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta, featuring original mosaics from between the seventh and 11th centuries. It also features a bell tower that can be reached via a staircase of steep steps, but is worth the climb if you’d like beautiful views over the island and lagoon. Torcello is also home to restaurants. For a wider selection of restaurants as well as a market and shops, visit Burano, just five-minutes away by vaporetto. Known for its small, brightly-painted houses, Burano will make for a picturesque day trip. Murano and Venice can be reached by vaporetto as well. The best way to arrive at this property is by taking a train to Venice and then taking the Vaporetto or water taxi from there to the island of Torcello.
Nearby Attractions: restaurants, ancient basilica, bell tower with views, vaporetto stop, Burano (restaurants, shops, market), Murano (glass-making museum, ancient churches, shops, restaurants), Venice (Piazza San Marco, Grand Canal, art galleries, churches, restaurants, shops)
Venice: 4 minutes by Vaporetto
Murano: 10 minutes by Vaporetto
Burano: 5 minutes by Vaporetto
Vaporetto (waterbus) Stop: 5-minute walk
- Exterior Description
This villa on Torcello is surrounded by a large garden with plants and trees. It also has ruins of a Romaneque church. On the ground floor is a terrace furnished with a table and chairs. This looks out to the garden, which features a private swimming pool (14m x 7m) surrounded by a grass-landscaped lawn with sun loungers. On the roof of the villa is another terrace that offers marvelous views of the property and island. Guests also have the option of using a boat until 5:00pm.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The entrance hall leads to a dining room with a table and chairs as well as a kitchen equipped with a cook-top, oven, toaster, American coffee maker, and dishwasher. There is one bedroom on this floor with two single beds, access to the garden, and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub.
First Floor: A staircase leads up to a living room with a couch, chairs, and Sky TV, and a sitting room with couches. There is also a study with a desk and library. Two bedrooms are on this floor. The first bedroom has a queen-sized bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub. The second bedroom has two single beds and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub.
Second Floor: A staircase leads up to three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Each of the three bedrooms has two single beds and each of the two bathrooms has a sink, toilet, and tub. There is also access to a rooftop terrace.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: 15-20 Euros per hour
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Concierge Service: Upon request
- The best way to arrive at this property is by taking a train to Venice and then taking the Vaporetto or water taxi from there to the island of Torcello.
- The boat is available for use until 5:00 PM.
- Housekeeping is provided for 4 hours per day, 5 days per week. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Air conditioning - Weekly Charge: 250 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- AT THE TIME OF THE BALANCE PAYMENT, THE PRIMARY RENTER IS REQUIRED TO GIVE RENTVILLAS.COM THEIR PASSPORT #, ALONG WITH THE DATE AND PLACE THE PASSPORT WAS ISSUED. UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: