Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
When you look out the windows of this restored farmhouse in Tuscany, you’ll be gazing out on the landscape that has inspired everyone from Renaissance painters to modern-day UNESCO – the green, rolling hills of the Val d’Orcia. With views from the windows of the modern kitchen, the private pool, the garden, and nearly everywhere else, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to drink in the landscape, but don’t forget to admire this farmhouse’s lovely interiors, too, which feature traditional tile floors, exposed wooden ceiling beams, and brick-lined archways. Divided into two separate apartments, this farmhouse is ideal for two families or groups of friends who want additional privacy. This is a great location for visiting all kinds of spas!
- Location Description
This farmhouse is located in Tuscany’s scenic Val d’Orcia, whose gentle landscapes have earned it the title of World Heritage Site from UNESCO and inspired countless Renaissance painters. Three kilometers away, the village of Monticchiello has restaurants, small food shops, a bar and bakery, and a bit further, Pienza has wine shops, banks, gas stations, a supermarket, and other amenities. Monticchiello is a charming town that still has its original city walls, towers, and castle, as well as a 13th century gothic church. Each summer, the locals put on plays that they themselves have written – watching one is a fun way to try out your Italian! The spa town of Chianciano Terme, among the most famous in Italy, is a fifteen-minute drive away. The old Roman spa of Bagno Vignoni is definitely worth a visit! Excellent day trip destinations include Siena or Cortona.
Nearby Attractions: Siena, Cortona, Chianciano Terme (spa town), Bagni si san Filippo, San Quirco d’Orcia, Pienza (amenities), Bagno Vignoni (spa), Monticchiello (restaurants, shops, gothic church)
Siena: 60 km/37 mi
Cortona: 45 km/28 mi
Chianciano Terme: 15 km/9 mi
Bagni si san Filippo: 15 km/9 mi
San Quirco d’Orcia: 10 km/6 mi
Pienza: 6 km/4 mi
Bagno Vignoni (Spa): 5 km/3 mi
Monticchiello: 3 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
The farmhouse is made up of two apartments and is surrounded by a large garden with fragrant rosemary and native Mediterranean vegetation. A staircase of 18 steps leads to the private swimming pool (7 x 14 m), which is surrounded by a patio paved with terracotta tiles and furnished with garden furniture, sun beds, and umbrellas. There are also garden tables, chairs, and armchairs for al fresco dining or for simply enjoying the views.
- Interior Description
This farmhouse is made up of 2 apartments, both of which are on 2 levels.
Ground Floor: The apartment’s entrance leads into an open are with a dining area with table and chairs for 6 guests. There’s also a lounge with couches, armchairs, satellite TV, and DVD player. A large French door leads to the garden area. The kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, kettle, electric oven, microwave, and toaster. From the kitchen, there is access to the furnished patio paved in terracotta for al fresco dining. There’s also a guest bathroom with a sink and toilet.
First Floor: A staircase leads to the first floor, which has 2 bedrooms. The first has a queen-size bed (170 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a bathtub, sink, and toilet. The second has a queen-size bed (170 cm). There’s an additional bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet. There’s also a small loggia for enjoying a romantic sunset.
The apartment’s entrance leads into an open area with a living room with a fireplace, couches, armchairs, and satellite TV and DVD player. There’s a dining area with a table and chairs for 6 guests, and a kitchen equipped with a dishwasher, kettle, electric oven, microwave, and toaster. A large French door leads to the furnished patio for al fresco meals. There’s also a guest bathroom with a sink and toilet.
First Floor:A staircase leads to the first floor, which has two bedrooms. The first has a queen-size bed (170 cm). The second has twin-beds (85 cm). There are two bathrooms on this floor, each with a shower, sink, and toilet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Babysitting: Upon request
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Window Screens - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 15 EUR
- Telephone and Internet (If Available): According to Consumption
- Heating: According to consumption.
- Air conditioning: According to consumption.
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- Departure Time: 9:30 - 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
It was everything we hoped for and more. Everything was top notch, from the location to the amenities. Since we rented both apartments, it was very private.
The villa itself. We felt like we were living in an impressionist painting.
The favorite part of my vacation was having a cup of coffee on the veranda looking at the Tuscan countryside dotted with hay bales. An incredibly peaceful experience.
The air conditioning, which worked, but not up to US standards.
Exploring the little walled medieval towns which were all less than an hour's drive from the Villa (Pienza, Montichellio, Montepulciano, and Siena!)
Nearby Events or Locales:
Montichiello - the Villa is a mile off the main road so nothing was within walking distance
Tips or Restaurants:
The property was well-equipped (linens, towels, blow dryers) but had no WiFi. Future renters should bring their own portable hot spots such as Mifi. In Monticchiello , La Porta was incredible. In the outskirts of Pienza, the Agriturismo La Fonte was by far the best meal we had in Tuscany.
GPS is a necessity!
Check In Out:
The manager was excellent. We called ahead she waited for us at the turn off from the main road (without following her we would never have found the Villa- even with GPS). She welcomed us with local wines, bottled water, and delicious fresh focaccia. Check out was easy and timely.