Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Imagine living in a beautiful Tuscan villa overlooking the rolling hills of the Val d’Elsa near the medieval town of Certaldo. In the distance, you see medieval towns dotting the hillsides. You don’t have to imagine, you can be there now! This elegant private villa is located on the grounds of a historic castle dating back to 1210. The estate is a thriving working farm featuring vineyards, olive groves and sunflowers. Visit the wine cellar and treat yourself to the owner’s private labels.
- Location Description
The villa is located 3 kilometers from Castelfiorentino, 8 kilometers from Montespertoli and 12 kilometers from Certaldo. Castelfiorentino has all the necessities including a train station. Here you can explore the Romanesque-Gothic church of St. Francis (13th century), the Romanesque pieve of Santi Pietro e Paolo, at Coiano (11th century) and the Sanctuary of Santa Verdiana (18th century). Day trips can take you to Certaldo, San Gimignano, Siena, and Florence. Pisa and Florence airports are easy arrival points where you can rent a car.
Siena: 55 km/34 mi
Pisa: 50 km/31 mi
Pisa Airport – Galileo Galilei: 49 km/30 mi
Firenze: 35 km/22 mi
Florence Airport – Amerigo Vespucci: 30 km/19 mi
San Gimignano: 23 km/14 mi
Certaldo: 12 km/7 mi
Castelfiorentino: 3 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
An expansive garden offers dramatic views of the Tuscan countryside, as far as the towered town of San Gimignano, which is just visible on the horizon to the south.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The main entrance of the villa leads to a large open living room with an ornate working fireplace and comfortable seating. A beautiful marble staircase winds up to the first floor from this living room and a corridor provides access to the rest of the house. The spacious and fully equipped state of the art kitchen has a large bright breakfast room. A tastefully decorated formal dining room with seating for 12 offers French windows that open to a garden courtyard. The main Yellow living room has a working fireplace, a library alcove with Satellite TV, a computer with broadband line and a fax machine, as well as a piano (fortepiano). There is a double bedroom on this floor and an en-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi tub.
First Floor: At the top of the marble staircase, a corridor leads to the 4 bedrooms. The first is the Yellow double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, shower and Jacuzzi bath. The second bedroom is the Celeste with 2 twin beds and a separate bathroom with shower and tub. The third is the Pink bedroom with 2 twin beds (can be pushed together to form a double bed upon request) and a separate bathroom with shower. The fourth is a double bedroom with outside balcony overlooking the front yard. There is an adjacent bathroom with both shower and Jacuzzi tub. There is a laundry room with wardrobe and second staircase leading down to the ground floor.
The Annex: The 12th century medieval tower is adjacent to the villa and has independent access. From the living room on the ground floor, a staircase leads to a double bedroom with its own bathroom with shower. There is a roof terrace with breathtaking views.
The Limonaia: Converted into a casual sitting room with six arched windows, from here there are sweeping views of the surrounding countryside. A staircase takes you to a rooftop terrace.
Chapel: This 13th century chapel with crypt has been dedicated to Saint Bartholomew, which was restored in the 18th century.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Pre-Stocked Villa: Upon request
- Linen Change: Upon request
- Towel Change: Upon request
- Babysitting: 10 Euros per hour
- Continental Breakfast is provided Monday through Saturday from 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM.
- Beverages, including water, are an extra cost. Cost of food is due upon presentation of receipts. Meals should be ordered and paid directly to the Manager at least 12 hours in advance. Lunches will be served between 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM; Dinners between 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Maximum number of children allowed: Four (Age 12 or less)
- There is air conditioning in the whole house, including the annex.
- Housekeeping is provided daily between 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
Features and Amenities
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Billiard/Pool Table
- CD player
- DVD player
- Jacuzzi Tub - Inside
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Computer Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Extra Cost
- Heating - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable by cash, traveler's checks, or credit card (VISA or Mastercard). The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 800 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Gas (for Hot Water and Cooking): According to consumption
- Electricity (above 300 kw per week): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
A once in a lifetime experience at this spectacular historic castello.
The setting, the authenticity and the superb staff.
Nothing, we loved it.
Easy access to Castelfiorentino, Certaldo, Volterra, San Gimignano, Siena and Firenze. Excellent train station in Castelfiorentino, and supermercato Coop's.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Castelfiorentino, easy walk to town... Ride back to the villa.
Tips or Restaurants:
Bring the kids and grandkids. Excellent restaurants in Certaldo Alto and Basso.
Used GPS, no problem.
Check In Out:
Easy check in/out facilitated by the staff.