Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
This large, stone-built farmhouse, dating back to the 16th century, is located on a well-known wine estate near Siena. The estate produces Chianti Classico wines. Ideal for a large family, this six bedroom farmhouse is built around an internal courtyard and is fully equipped with modern amenities and comfortable furnishings. Located in the Chianti Classico region, possible daytrips include Castellina in Chianti, Siena, San Gimignano and more. The nearest highway is 7km from the villa.
- Location Description
This farmhouse is located nine kilometers from Castellina in Chianti where there are a good number of shops, restaurants, and markets as well as a pharmacy, post office, and tourist information center. Known for its great wines, Castellina in Chianti is a medieval village that was once on the front lines of the wars between Florence and Siena. Today, the old fort in the central square is home to the municipal offices, and the covered gallery has become the magnificent Via delle Volte. Just 18 km away is Siena, the city known for the world-famous horse race, the Palio, held on July 2 and August 16. Although in a secluded and quiet location, this villa is only 7 km away from a highway exit.
Florence: 62 km/38.5 mi
Siena: 18 km/11 mi
Castellina in Chianti: 9 km/5.5 mi
Badesse: 6 km/4 mi
- Exterior Description
This beautiful property is located on a famous wine estate of 750 acres that produces Chianti Classico and includes the Castle of Campalli. There are 360° views over rolling hills, vineyards, olive groves and on a clear day, it is possible to see the towers of San Gimignano in the distance. This farmhouse dates back to the 16th century and was built around an impressive internal courtyard. There are tables and chairs for dining al fresco. There is a private swimming pool (12 m x 6 m), with sun chairs and a shaded cabana, a barbecue and a wood oven in the courtyard.
- Interior Description
The property was restored in 2002 using authentic traditional materials of the area and equipped with all modern facilities. The interiors are particularly airy and spacious, with doors both to the courtyard and to the garden.
Ground Floor: Entrance to the house is through a big arcade. It leads to a spacious sitting room with arches opening both to the courtyard and to the garden. There is a large kitchen equipped with a microwave, mixer, filter coffee machine, toaster, boiler, and stove with oven. In addition, there is a dining room and a TV room with satellite TV. There is a twin bedroom, and a bathroom with shower, sink and toilet. A small room has a bread oven. There is also a laundry room with a washing machine, iron and board.
First Floor: There is a master bedroom with a queen-size bed and an en suite bathroom with shower, sink and toilet. There are two twin bedrooms and a bathroom with sink, toilet and shower. A second master bedroom with a queen-size bed has an en suite bathroom with sink, shower and toilet. There is a sitting room with a fireplace and piano opening to a patio with table tennis. In a separate wing, there is a third master bedroom with a queen-size bed, sitting area, and an en suite bathroom with sink, shower and toilet. This bedroom is accessible from the ground floor by an independent staircase.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: 15-20 Euros per hour
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Concierge Service: Upon request
- The twin bedrooms can be combined into double beds upon prior request.
- Housekeeping is provided for 9 hours per week. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- AT THE TIME OF THE BALANCE PAYMENT, THE PRIMARY RENTER IS REQUIRED TO GIVE RENTVILLAS.COM THEIR PASSPORT #, ALONG WITH THE DATE AND PLACE THE PASSPORT WAS ISSUED. UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Villa Castellina is unbelievably wonderful. It went beyond my wildest imagination. The views were spectacular, modern, comfortable. All of us were so pleased, especially my 15, 13 and 9 year old grandchildren. The owners were accommodating and warmly hospitable.
Views, pool, living spaces, courtyard, kitchen.
Probably not in walking distance to restaurants....minor inconvenience.
Close to charming villages of Tuscany and major artery to Florence and Siena.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Lorna; needed to drive...7 minutes.
For breakfast... COOP in Badesse. Restaurant in Lornano.
Check In Out:
Easy. Owner is very accommodating.
Pamela T, June
Wonderful, peaceful, with a true Tuscan experience. The hosts/owners were very responsive to any requests and on top of everything. The absolute large size of the villa ensured many small nooks for all to have solitude, if needed. Excellent experience.
The size, location, views, interior courtyard and pool area.
The kitchen was basic but worked.
The many small historic towns were great to explore.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Nothing was within walking distance. A car is mandatory, but not a problem.
near Castellina in Chianti, Siena. We used the coordinates for the owner's home, which is right beside the villa. Some in our group were unable to input the property coordinates provided on the voucher.