Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Once used as home by the famous Italian film maker Roberto Rossellini, this two bedroom apartment within an ancient palace is directly situated in the seaside town of Maiori. High, frescoed ceilings and modern conveniences including air conditioning and wireless internet, this home has a roof top terrace and beautiful views of the sea. Just steps from the bus stop, this apartment is conveniently locating for visiting Amalfi, Ravello and more.
- Location Description
This apartment is in the town centre of Maiori, with the beach and the sea side promenade right across the street. All essentials (bars, shops, restaurants, banks, post office, etc) are a few steps away. As the SITA bus stop is situated just 50 meters away, the apartment makes a good base for exploring the picturesque towns of the Amalfi Coast. Within easy reach are Positano, Amalfi, the lovely beach of Minori, and the charming town of Ravello and its famous 13th century residence Villa Rufolo. Nearby Vietri sul Mari is famous for is ceramics, which have produced by skilled artisans since the 15th century. For history buffs, the impressive ruins at Pompeii and Paestrum make good day trips. Ferries and hydrofoil ply daily (during the summer) from Amalfi to Capri (1½ h.), Positano (20 min.), Ischia (2½ h) and Salerno (1 h.)
Please Note:While the Amalfi Coast is beautiful and charming, it is also steep, with many uphill and downhill stairs and walkways. In general, it is an area that is not kind to those of us with knee or mobility issues. This should be considered before booking a property in this area.
Sorrento: 35 km/22 mi
Salerno: 22 km/14 mi
Positano: 20 km/15.5 mi
Ravello: 9 km/5.5 mi
Amalfi: 7 km/4 mi
Maiori: In town
- Exterior Description
This beautiful apartment occupies part of the first floor of an ancient two-story palace (with elevator), dating back to the 19th century, which has direct access from the main road that links all of the Amalfi Coast villages. It can be reached by a set of 30 stairs or the elevator. The historic accommodation was completely restored in late 2012, during which original frescoes, dating back to the 19th century, were discovered. The apartment benefits from a large private roof terrace, which serves as an ideal setting for dining al fresco. The terrace, situated on the top floor of the building, is reached by an internal stairway made of 85 steps or by the elevator. The terrace is fully equipped with a dining table suitable for 4 people, a large sun umbrella, sun loungers and external shower. From the terrace, the view is of both the entire town and the sea. There is a parking area, free of charge, for 1 medium sized car, only.
- Interior Description
(100 m2 + 25 m2 of private roof terrace)
Access is into the living room which is paved with terracotta tiles. It is furnished with a white 2-seat leather sofa, a dining table for four guests, and a flat screen satellite TV. There is a cooking area equipped with a two-burner electric cooktop, an electric oven, a small refrigerator with freezer, an Italian-style coffee-maker, and two windows with a view on the inner yard.
Both bedrooms have a queen size bed (160 cm), a flat screen TV, an air conditioning/heating unit, a safe box, and an en suite bathroom, decorated with sea green mosaic tiles and equipped with a sink, a toilet, a fully enclosed shower and a hairdryer. From the bedrooms, there is access to a Juliet balcony with a view of the sea and of the boulevard along the seafront of Maiori through a French door.
- Features Description
- There is an English speaking manager is on call.
- Because of the street below some traffic noise can be heard. However, the blinds and doors are well insulated, blocking a majority of the sounds at night.
- There is a parking area, free of charge, for 1 medium sized car, only.
- Housekeeping is provided on Tuesday and Thursday. Linens and towels are changed on Tuesday. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Elevator (in Building)
- Free Parking on Premises
- TV - English Channels Available
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable by cash or traveler's checks in euros. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 200 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee on Saturday (between 8:00 pm and midnight) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Arrival Fee on Sunday (between 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrivals on Saturday after Midnight or Sunday after 8:00 pm are Not Accepted!
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time