Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Three couples will enjoy this charming farmhouse on a working farm in Italy. Located on a large estate, there are attractive shared gardens and a shared swimming pool overlooking the surrounding pastures. Beautiful Torre Alfina and its medieval castle can be seen in the distance and offer an ideal location from which to explore Umbria and Southern Tuscany.
- Location Description
Torre Alfina is built around an impressive medieval castle, which belonged to the Monaldeschi and Bourbon del Monte families in turn, until it was purchased by Edoardo Cahen in 1880. The village has excellent views and two wonderful restaurants that are very traditional in style. There are also two small groceries, two cafes, and a gelateria. Traditional festivals are held throughout the year (see Nearby Attractions, below), and something is always in season: flowers, vegetables, grapes, chestnuts, and pinoli (pine nuts). This is also a great central location, convenient to many of Italy's best known destinations-- and some of its best kept secrets! It sits on the northernmost tip of Lazio (in Viterbo), a point that pushes right between Tuscany and Umbria so that all three regions are right at your doorstep. Close to the Monte Rufeno Nature Reserve, there are a vast expanse of forests and nature trails, great for walking or horseback riding. Fifteen kilometers away you will find Lago di Bolsena, Europe's largest volcanic lake. Here you can participate in freshwater fishing, sailing, swimming, and sunbathing. A drive of a half hour to an hour will bring you to the towns of Civita di Bagnoregio, Orvieto, Pitigliano, Sorano, Sovana, and Viterbo, as well as the thermal springs of San Casciano dei Bagni.
Rome: 130 km/81 mi
Siena: 100 km/62 mi
Assisi: 90 km/56 mi
Montepulciano: 60 km/37 mi
Orvieto: 20 km/12 mi
Lago di Bolsena: 15 km/9 mi
Acquapendente: 6 km/4 mi
Torre Alfina: 5 km/3 mi
- Exterior Description
Located on a working farm, this farmhouse is situated on a country estate where there are other rural houses within a 30 m distance. The landlords live in one near the pool. One of the houses is divided into small apartments and in the other one is a restaurant. The farm is surrounded by a vegetable garden, to which the customers have unlimited access, olive and cherry trees. Just outside the enclosure there are spelt and corn fields and large pastures with cows and sheep. The villa is separated from the other houses and is surrounded by a private and large garden with an exterior pergola with armchairs, a couch and a wooden table. Guests can walk in the park of the country village where there are big centuries-old turkey oaks and willow trees, and old stone fountains. The location offers panoramic views of the medieval castle of Torre Alfina, and looks to Monte Amiata, the fortress of Radicofani, and the Val d’Orcia in Tuscany. There is a children’s play park, a ping pong table and an old orangery with a hot tub with hydro-massage for 7 people. In a hidden spot off of the park there is a shared swimming pool (13 x 8 x 1,50m, open mid-May to mid-September). There is a traditional wood pizza oven and stone barbecue, with private picnic tables in the shadow of a big willow tree. Only few meters away there is a car park.
- Interior Description
Every room has its own separate entrance and private outdoor corner with a handmade and hand-painted table, and metal garden chairs.
Ground Floor: The villa has a well-equipped kitchen with oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and American coffee maker and a living room. There are three bedrooms: The first bedroom, La Giada (16 m2), can be made as a double or twin bedroom (170 cm) and is equipped for disabled guests with a bathroom (7 m2) with shower. The second bedroom, Il Turchese (12 m2), can be made as a double or twin bedroom (170 cm) with air conditioning and bathroom (4,5 m2) with shower. The last bedroom, the Corallo Suite (30 m2), can be made as a double or twin bedroom (160 cm) with air conditioning and bathroom (7 m2) with hot tub with hydro-massage.
First Floor Attic: A small wooden ladder in the Corallo Suite leads to a furnished attic space with a 160 cm double bed.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Breakfast: 5 Euros per person
- Lunch and Dinner: 25 Euros per person
- Housekeeping: 10 Euro per hour
- The estate restaurant is open only upon reservation.
- The pool is open from 7:30 am to 9:00 pm and is closed at night for cleaning.
- Air conditioning is available only in the Corallo and Il Turchese bedroom suites.
Features and Amenities
- Detached House
- Free Parking on Premises
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Area - Shared
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- DVD player
- Gym Equipment
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Computer Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Mobile Telephone Available - Extra Cost
- Telephone - Local Calls Only
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Toaster Oven
- Washing Machine - Shared
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash or by VISA. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 10 EUR
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 80 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: