Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
This well-located village house is yours to rent on the island of Crete. Located in the historic village of Maroulas, the village’s amenities are a mere 100 meters from your doorstep. Formerly an olive oil mill, the house has been carefully renovated to showcase the impressive stone arches found throughout the bright, comfortably equipped house. Outside, the only word that will escape your lips will be, “wow!” as you marvel at the sea views from your private terrace and infinity swimming pool. This is an ideal location from which to visit the island of Crete. The town of Rethymno is just 10 km away.
- Location Description
This village house is located 100 meters from the village center of Maroulas on the island of Crete. Maroulas is an historic village overlooking the bay of Rethymnon with a population of only 200 people. The village has many tavernas where you can taste local specialties. The closest beaches are just 3 km away. Maroulas is located in the first hill overlooking the bay of Rethymnon, between Chania and Heraklion, making it an ideal starting point for discovering Crete. Both towns are about 80 km away and have international airports where you can easily rent a car.
Heraklio (Airport): 80 km/50 mi
Chania (Airport): 70 km/43 mi
Rethymno: 10 km/6 mi
Maroulas: 100 m/328 ft
- Exterior Description
This village house was a former olive oil factory dating from the Venetian era and was entirely restored under the control of the Greek Archeological Department and the Greek Tourism Office. The house offers views over the Aegean Sea and Psiloritis Mountain. Sheltered by high garden walls, the villa boasts a private swimming pool (8m x 5m, 150 cm deep) and garden, as well as unique architecture including stone arches and vaults. There is a private terrace (60 m2) furnished with deck chairs, sunshades, sofas, and a barbecue. There are two other small village houses located within 100 meters of this house. Parking is available in the center of the village.
- Interior Description
Ground Level: There is a dining area for 12 guests and a living area furnished with sofas and armchairs. There is a large satellite TV and a CD/DVD player. Additionally, there is an area with a billiard’s table. A mezzanine acts as a work space and is equipped with Wi-Fi access. The professionally equipped kitchen has an American fridge, dishwasher, oven, American coffee maker, and a toaster oven. There is also a wine bar which includes bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 (3 x 300 liters), Grenat and Syrah.
First Floor: There are four bedrooms on the first floor. The first is a family suite (40 m2) with 2 single beds (100 cm), a loft with a standard double bed (140 cm, comfortable for one; cozy for two), and an en-suite bathroom with shower. The second is a family suite (30 m2) with a double sofa bed, a loft with a standard double bed (140 cm, comfortable for one; cozy for two), and an en-suite bathroom with shower. The third bedroom (30 m2) has a king size bed (180 cm) and an en-suite bathroom with bath and shower. The fourth bedroom (24 m2) has a king size bed (180 cm) and a bathroom with shower. The terrace is accessible from all the rooms. The laundry room includes a washing machine and a dryer.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas.
All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Chef Service: Upon Request
- Maid Service: Upon Request
Please Note:Two of the family suites have standard double beds (140 cm), which are
considered by many to be narrow for two people.
- During the winter months, each room is individually equipped with electric
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Billiard/Pool Table
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ipod dock
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Toaster Oven
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: