Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Get a taste of life in the Provencal countryside at this traditional “mas,” or farmhouse, nestled at the bottom of the Alpilles. With a pool, outdoor dining area, duck pond and lush gardens, the property makes an excellent venue for a small wedding, celebration or special occasion with family and friends.
- Location Description
The mas is less than 2 km from the charming village of Eygalières, which has small
shops, restaurants and a market. For those that choose to, guests can walk to town on a small road shared with cars. Supermarkets can be found in nearby
Saint-Remy-de-Provence, a beautiful little city perhaps best known for the Saint Paul de Mausole hospital, where Vincent Van Gogh spent the last and most productive year of his life painting such masterpieces as "Starry Night," "Irises" and "Wheat Field with Cypresses." Throughout its history Saint Remy has been a haven for artists, musicians, and writers (including Nostradamus), and today it is alive with artists and traditions, faithfully passed on from one generation to the next.
Marseilles International Airport: 67 km/42 mi
Avignon: 33 km/20.5 mi
Avignon TGV Train Station: 27 km/17 mi
Cavaillon: 11 km/7 mi
Saint-Remy-de-Provence: 6 km/4 mi
Eygalieres: 2 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
The ample grounds are home to blooming gardens, a fountain and duck pond with views of the Alpilles. There is a dining area for 6 under the shaded terrace and a dining area for 8 under a large tree. Stairs lead to a swimming pool (16 m x 7 m) and Jacuzzi surrounded by 6 sunbathing chairs and 4 loungers. There is a large summer kitchen/outdoor living area (50 sqm) with a table and chairs for 8, a fridge, small freezer, gas BBQ, gas heater, and a shower room with WC. There is also a shaded pétanque court.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The main entrance opens onto the kitchen, living room and a staircase to the first floor. The living room has two large couches, a fireplace and a dining table for 8 (extra chairs available). The kitchen has a Lacanche cooker, microwave, dishwasher, American coffee maker and table and chairs for 6. There are five bedrooms─all but the first are air conditioned. The first bedroom has a double bed (140 cm, comfortable for one, cozy for two) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower and toilet. A separate toilet room is also nearby. The second bedroom has a double bed (140 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a bathtub and toilet. The third bedroom has a king-size bed (180 cm) that can be disconnected to form two single beds (upon prior requests), and an ensuite bathroom with a bathtub and toilet. The fourth and fifth bedrooms each have a queen-size bed (160 cm) and ensuite bathroom with either a shower or tub and a toilet. There is also a laundry room with a washing machine and ironing table, plus an outdoor clothesline.
First Floor: The entrance hall staircase leads to a mezzanine (loft) lounge with a sofa, satellite TV and small computer desk with Internet access. A corridor leads to the two remaining bedrooms, both are air conditioned and have queen-size beds (160 cm), and they share a bathroom with a handheld shower. A separate toilet room is nearby.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas.
All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Chef Service: Upon request
- Extra Maid Service: 15 Euros per hour
- Guided Tour: Upon request
- There is adjustable A/C in each bedroom, except in bedroom 1.
- Standard double beds (140 cm) are considered narrow for two people.
- There is Wheelchair access.
- Guests may reserve a guided tour of the village market at Eygalieres, which takes place every Friday at 10:00 AM. It includes wine tasting and a cooking class/meal at a private local farmhouse. Please inquire upon booking.
- Maid Service is provided for 3 hours on Wednesday and 3 hours on Saturday. Additional Maid Service can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Along with the final payment, a refundable security deposit is due. You will be requested to post a check to Rentvillas.com in the amount listed. The security deposit will be returned to you within 2 weeks of your departure from the property minus any damages to the property, or any charges incurred during your stay. The listed security deposit is: $3,750
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 30 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 60 EUR
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 8:00pm): Not Accepted
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: