Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
For romantics or art enthusiasts, this gorgeous 19th century villa in Laglio is for you! Sitting on the western shore of Lake Como—halfway between Tremezzo and Como—this residence has maintained its relevant, retro features, blended with modern conveniences. Throughout you will find the décor and inspiration from Italian designers such as Fornasetti and Gae Aulenti. Guests will love the fusion of styles with stained glass windows, vintage furnishings, chandeliers, and distinctive tile-work. Spend your days visiting the nearby towns and evenings on your own private dock, admiring the spectacular view.
- Location Description
Lake Como; where tranquility meets luxury, in this exclusive refuge lined stunning villas, Mediterranean gardens, and majestic mountains. Located in Laglio, village shops and restaurants are within walking distance (500m). The idyllic location of this villa allows guest to make their way around Lake Como by boat or car. One of the best views of the lake is Piazza Cavour, on the banks of the lake in the 2000 year old town of Como (16km away). There is an abundance of pavement cafes, pubs, restaurants and nightlife, shops, and several other attractions to suit any appetite. The nearest ferry is in Carate Urio.
Nearby Attractions: During your stay, visit some of the many villages along the shoreline. Menaggio is a popular tourist spot with a pedestrian-only area at its heart. Here you will find coffee shops, gelaterias, a mini-golf course with snack bar, and many restaurants. Stop by Tremezzo to see the palatial Villa Carlotta built in 1690, known for its lush Mediterranean garden and artwork within. A ferry boat service connects all the major towns by the lake, from the northeast town of Colico, to the most southern Como including the two branches of the lake.
Colico: 55 km/34 mi
Milan: 54 km/33.5 mi
Menaggio: 21 km/13 mi
Tremezzo: 16 km/10 mi
Como(city): 16 km/10 mi
Cernobbio: 10 km/6 mi
Laglio: 500 m/1640 ft
- Exterior Description
This stylish 19th century villa is nestled in its own private Mediterranean garden with expansive lake views. There is also a stairway that leads from the lower level of the villa directly to the lakeshore garden. This area has chairs and sunbeds, a hundred-year-old Lebanon Cedar tree, and a small fish pond with a waterfall and a bronze nymph.
In May 2018 a new infinity Swimming Pool (7 m x 3 m) with Jacuzzi will be ready by the lake. Guests also have access to their own private dock (with boat with driver available on request for an extra cost). Two kayaks are available. Due to the many levels, this villa is not recommended for young children or those with walking difficulties.
- Interior Description
(400m2) This villa is multi-leveled with many steps and therefore not ideal for young children and those with walking difficulties. The interior is an eclectic blend of styles and eras inspired by the work of Italian designers whose touches you’ll find throughout.
Lower Level and Garden: (20 steps) Here you’ll find a living room with satellite TV with DVD, a stereo, pool table, with a view of the garden below. A sofa bed is available upon request (160cm). There is also a guest bathroom with toilet and sink. There is a laundry room with a washing machine and ironing board. There is also a stairway that leads directly to the lake shore garden.
First Floor: (5 steps from parking) On the entrance level guests will find the kitchen equipped with an espresso and American coffee maker, 6 burner stove, two ovens, and a dining area that accommodates 8. The living room has a working fireplace and dining area, which opens onto a terrace, allowing for alfresco dining.
Second Floor: (20 steps) On this floor there are three double bedrooms all with air conditioning. The green bedroom has a view of the lake, a large queen-size bed (170 cm), and bathroom with a tub and toilet. The red and yellow bedrooms have two 90 x 180 cm twin beds (option for combining into a king-size bed upon prior request). These two bedrooms share a bathroom with toilet, tub and shower.
Third Floor: (20 steps) On this floor you’ll find the fourth double bedroom with air conditioning and two 90 x 200 cm twin beds (option for combining into a king-size bed upon prior request). There is also an ensuite bathroom with marble basin and toilet, and separate ensuite Jacuzzi shower with chromotherapy.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Additional Housekeeping: 10 Euro per hour
- Cooking Classes: Upon request
- Tours: Upon request
- Babysitting: Upon request
- Chef Service: Upon request
- Laundry Service: Upon request
- The interior layout features three floors and the garden level is accessed by a stairway, therefore the property is not suitable for young children or people with walking difficulties.
- With the exception of one room (the green bedroom) all others can be fitted as king-size beds or twins upon prior request.
- Maid service is included 3 hrs on Monday and Thursday.
- Electricity up to 50 Euro per week is included in rate; Additional is additional cost.
- Towels are changed on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Gardner is included 3 days per week.
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Welcome Basket
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 2000 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 300 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 15 EUR
- Air conditioning: According to consumption
- Extra Bed - Weekly Charge: 250 EUR
- Utility Deposit (Payable in Cash Upon Arrival) - Weekly Charge: 350 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Electricity (above 50 euros per week): According to consumption
- Pool Heating: According to consumption
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 9:30 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time