Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Come and take in some of the most splendid views the Amalfi Coast has to offer at this spectacular villa overlooking the jewel-blue Mediterranean. With an abundance of outdoor space, this is the perfect haven for basking in the sun and lazing about. Guests will have a hard time tearing themselves away from the grotto Jacuzzi facing the sea. Cook with friends in the rustic stone barbecue, or if you crave some peace and quiet, sneak away to one of the many terrace lounge areas. You can also venture down 120 stairs via a pathway from the villa, to the sea below where you’ll find a beach and restaurant.
- Location Description
The town of Amalfi, about a kilometer away on the busy coast road, has winding streets, hidden squares, fragrant gardens and white houses built into to the cliffs. Amalfi is a town that dates back to the 6th century and was once an important trading center with historical and medieval architecture throughout the town. The main sites include the Duomo, the cathedral of Sant' Andrea, which dates back to the 11th century, and the Cloister of Paradise. There is also a museum dedicated to the works of Morelli and a museum where you can view artifacts of Amalfi's long and interesting history. Of course you’ll also find a good selection of shops, restaurants, and markets, as well as a pharmacy and post office.
Please Note: While the Amalfi Coast is beautiful and charming, it is also steep, with many uphill and downhill stairs and walkways. In general, it is an area that is not kind to those of us with knee or mobility issues. This should be considered before booking a property in this area.
Nearby Attractions: During the summer months, there are daily ferries leaving from Amalfi to Capri, Positano, Sorrento, and Naples, although there are always buses connecting the towns along the Amalfi Coast.
Naples (Airport): 60 km/37 mi
Sorrento: 40 km/25 mi
Positano: 25 km/15.5 mi
Amalfi Town Center: 1.5 km/0.9 mi
Grocery: 1.5 km/0.9 mi
Bus Stop: 500 m/1640 ft
- Exterior Description
This is a multi-level villa with many steps and therefore may not be ideal for children or people with walking difficulties.
(90 steps + additional 30 to luggage lift)
This villa—originally built in the 1820’s—was recently renovated and is surrounded by Mediterranean vegetation. It is located directly off of the main coastal road behind a private gate. There are various pathways, and several terraces for relaxing and entertaining. The main terrace has a stone barbecue, dining table for 4, and various seating and lounge areas. A flight of 20 steps from the main terrace leads to a panoramic terrace with external shower.
(20 steps) There is an additional terrace with several lounge chairs and umbrella and a grotto Jacuzzi (5 m x 3 m). There is also a small, enclosed grotto with sofa and glass doors providing an excellent view. On the walkway leading towards the grotto, there is a full bathroom with shower.
(120 steps!) Guests also can enjoy direct access to a beach and restaurant from a pathway connected to the villa.
- Interior Description
There is abundant natural light, colorful tile-work, and tasteful décor throughout the villa.
Ground Floor: (80 Steps) The main entrance to the villa is via the main terrace. Through here you’ll find a small breakfast room, a kitchen with dining table for 8, living room, and small reading room with TV. There is also a guest bathroom.
First Floor: (15 Steps) Here you’ll find the first bedroom, which has direct access to the main terrace. This room has a 185 cm king-sized bed, cupola ceilings, fireplace, and en-suite bathroom with toilet and Jacuzzi-jet shower.
Second Floor: (15 Steps) This level brings you to two additional bedrooms. One room has a 165 cm queen-sized bed. The other room has a 160 cm queen-sized bed. Each room has built-in closets and one room has a small single sized couch bed (most suitable for one person). These bedrooms share an external bathroom with toilet and shower.
(20 Steps) A staircase from the main terrace leads to additional wrap-around terraces and a small apartment annex. There is a small kitchenette, with amenities for coffee and tea, and a mini fridge. There is a breakfast table, small living room with a TV and 160 cm queen-sized sofa bed. The bedroom has a 180 cm king-sized bed and bathroom with toilet and wall shower. All rooms in this apartment open onto the terrace. Here you’ll find an additional seating area built into the rock walls and a patio with coffee table and chairs.
There is a staff apartment on the lowest terrace. There is a caretaker present 24-hrs a day.
- Features Description
- A Complimentary Welcome Cocktail is provided upon arrival.
- There is Daily Continental Breakfast provided.
- This is a multi-level villa with many steps and is not ideal for children or people with walking difficulties.
- WiFi connection is available in the ground floor and the main terrace of the villa.
- Housekeeping is provided for 4 hours per day.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Pool Towels
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 2000 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Electricity (above 300 kw per week): According to consumption
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: