Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
This 16th century villa sits on a large farming estate in Tuscany that produces excellent olive oil and wine. The large manicured garden creates the perfect outside space for relaxing. There is a private swimming pool to cool off in on hot afternoons, a shared tennis court, and a beautiful covered gazebo complete with table and chairs for alfresco dining. It’s also the perfect spot for enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset.
- Location Description
The villa is 4 km outside of the small town of Ambra. Here you will find all the necessary amenities; a market, a few shops, pharmacy, restaurants, and bars. Nearby Bucine also has a few stores and a supermarket. 30 km away is Arezzo, the charming town used as the backdrop for Roberto Benigni's "Life is Beautiful." Once one of the most important Etruscan cities, today Arezzo has an array of architecture spanning centuries, from Etruscan ruins to the Roman amphitheater and the Medici Fortress. The first weekend of each month brings a popular antique fair, while annually there is a festival called "Joust of the Saracens," where all of the citizens dress in medieval attire and knights representing each part of the city charge at a target representing a Saracen king.
Nearby Attractions: The picturesque city Siena is worth a day trip—a wonderfully preserved example of the Tuscan Middle Ages, and a treasure trove of gothic palaces, churches, and museums. It's also well known for its exiting bi-annual bareback horse races, the Palio, held once in July and once in August. The area around Arezzo is also well-situated for day trips throughout Tuscany. Florence can be reached in 30 minutes by train from Arezzo; a train to Rome takes an hour and ten minutes.
The shopping Outlets of the Valdarno area (“The Mall”, Prada, Gucci, etc) are within 30 km.
Florence: 60 km/ 37.3 mi
Siena: 40 km/ 24.9 mi
Arezzo: 30 km/ 18.6 mi
Bucine: 15 km/ 9.3 mi
Ambra: 4 km/ 2.5 mi
- Exterior Description
This villa is located on a large farming estate (11 hectares) with other rental properties, but privacy is maintained. Through a private gate and a tree-lined drive you’ll find the parking area. Guests have their own, large private garden and use of a private pool (10m x 5m) lined with lounge chairs (open May through September depending on the weather). At one end of the pool lies a stone fountain flanked on either side by 11 steps, which lead up to a beautiful terraced gazebo with seating area, barbecue and table with chairs for alfresco dining. There is also a shared tennis court (200 meters away) for all the guests on the estate to enjoy.
- Interior Description
The villa features tile and hardwood floors throughout. Many of the rustic terracotta tile and wood-beamed ceilings remain, as well as original stone walls. The villa is furnished with antiques and country-style pieces.
Ground Floor: (2 Steps) The entry leads to a cozy living area with fireplace and a large parlor with a piano, TV, and terrace access. There is also a guest bathroom. 5 steps up from the living area is the kitchen with breakfast table, fireplace, stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, and American Coffee maker—the kitchen also has access to the large terrace. Off the kitchen is the large dining room with dining table for 12 and outside access.
First Floor: (11 Steps) All six bedrooms are located on this floor—each has charming decor and a unique style. The first three all have 160 cm queen-sized beds and en-suite bathrooms with showers. The fourth room has 160 cm queen-sized bed with a walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with shower. The fifth room is large with beautiful coffered ceilings, a sitting area, (2 steps down) a 160 cm queen-sized four-poster bed and an en-suite bathroom with bathtub. The sixth room has a 160 cm queen sized bed, a fireplace, and an en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: 20 Euros per hour
- Linen Change: 8 Euros for double beds; 5 Euros for single beds
- Extra Towels: 6 Euros per person
- Babysitting: 20 Euros per hour
- Portable Baby Crib: 75 Euros per week
- Horseback Riding: Upon request
- Fax is available at the Reception Office, 150 meters away. The Reception Office is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM. The Office is closed Wednesday.
- Air conditioning is only available in the upstairs bedrooms.
- The pool is open from the beginning of May until the end of September.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Tennis Court - Shared
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Extra Cost
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Reception Office
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Final Cleaning Charge (Mandatory -To be paid upon arrival): 300 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Heating - Daily Charge: 70 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 25 EUR
- Air Conditioning - included up to 6 hours per day then charged at the Hourly Rate of: 20 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: between 8 am and 10 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: