Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Tucked away in the hilltops above Anacapri—not far off from Emperor Tiberius’s summer retreat—this picturesque villa overlooks terraced olive groves and the Mediterranean. Guests can enjoy views of Capri’s western coastline from the villa’s terraces or drift languidly in the circular pool. The villa provides peace, comfort, and quite to guests and offers great outdoor space to entertain and relax.
- Location Description
The town of Anacapri— which literally means “above” Capri—is at a higher altitude than the rest of the island. The villa is just a 5-minute taxi ride from the serene historic center of Anacapri, or a 2 km walk on a pathway. Enjoy the languid atmosphere on this part of the island by visiting the charming cafes, restaurants, and bars, or simply wander about, taking in the sea air and historic architecture. Be sure to visit the many Churches of Anacapri, such as San Michele Arcangelo in the historic center. This Baroque place of worship was built between the 17th and18th centuries and is one of the island’s most important attractions. It has a stunning paved majolica scene by Neapolitan master Leonardo Chiaiese, depicting Adam and Eve’s expulsion from Eden. You can arrive at Capri via ferry or hydrofoil from Sorrento’s port Marina Piccola; 20-30 minuet travel time. Capri is also accessible via Naples from one of the ports; Molo Beverello or Calata di Massa. Either option will bring you to Capri’s Marina Grande—also home to the island’s tourist office. From there you can catch a taxi to your destination.
Nearby Attractions: Hire a boat to take you around the island, particularly to the Faraglioni di Mezzo—three massive 80-100 meter high stacks created by the erosion of the wind and sea. Approximately 150 meters out to sea these impressive formations have an arched opening, which small boats can pass through. Visit the infamous Blue Grotto—a majestic sapphire sea-cave known since ancient Roman times and splendidly illuminated by a large underwater opening, making visits possible throughout most of the year. It is accessible only by small boat tours. Bus or taxi can take you to the town of Capri. The famous Piazzetta is a small but decidedly trendier locale, where one can linger at elegant cafes, jewelry shops, or historic bars, and indulge in the glamorous social scene. From the Piazzetta you can make the 40-minuet trek to Tiberius’ island retreat Villa Jovis (Jupiter). Admire the remnants of this splendid villa and its vantage point on the cliffs; looking out over the islands of Ischia and Procida, the Sorrentine Peninsula and the Bay of Salerno.
Naples: 32 km/ 19.9 mi
Sorrento: 22.3 km/ 13.9 mi
Capri (town): 7 km/ 4.3 mi
Blue Grotto: 4 km/ 2.48 mi
Anacapri (town): 3 km/ 1.86 mi
Villa Jovis (from Piazzetta): 2.1 km/ 1.3 mi
Faraglioni di Mezzo: 150 m/ 492 ft (off the coast)
Bus Stop: Right outside villa gate
- Exterior Description
(1,000 m2/ 10,763 ft2)
This lovely villa was built in 1950 in honor of the mother of Princess Mafalda, daughter of King Victor Emmanuel III. The villa maintains its original splendor—including stunning tile-work—while recent renovations have supplied several modern conveniences. The villa sits on an acre of private terraced gardens with tropical flowers and trees. There is a circular pool (5m/16ft across) with lounge chairs. There is plenty of outdoor seating including external dining area beneath stone arches perfect for alfresco dinners.
- Interior Description
(220 m2/ 2,368 ft2)
Ground Floor: (25 Steps)This level is accessed from the private parking lot and through the garden. The main entrance opens up onto the dining room with seating for 6. To the left of the entryway you’ll find the living room that leads to the garden and pool. There is a fully equipped modern kitchen. Behind the kitchen there is a small single bedroom—recommended for staff—with an 80cm narrow twin bed with en-suite bathroom with bathtub and shower nozzle. Off the right of the dining room there is a twin bedroom with narrow 80cm twin beds (most appropriate for young people) an en-suite bathroom with a shower. There is also an additional twin bedroom with narrow 80cm twin beds (most appropriate for young people) an external bathroom with a bathtub with a shower nozzle. The fourth bedroom on this floor has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and an en-suite bathroom with shower.
First Floor: (20 Steps) An elegant curved staircase brings you to an additional double bedroom with a 160 cm queen-sized bed and an external bathroom with bathtub. This room has access to the terrace, a cozy study with an ornamental fireplace, and large windows boasting wonderful sea views. A glass door on this level takes you directly to the terraces, where a staircase (20 steps) will bring you to the pool area.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Porter Service: Upon Request
- Telephone: According to Consumption
- The single bedroom on the ground floor is recommended for staff
- Concierge Service: Included upon arrival and departure
- Daily Continental Breakfast: Included
- Housekeeping: 5 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Garden and Pool Maintenance: Included
- The twin beds are 80 cm wide, considered narrow by U.S. standards. They are most appropriate for young people.
- As with all of the Amalfi Coast, there are many stairs and lots of up and down in order to get around.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen (Weekly Charge): 100 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Heating - Weekly Charge: 400 EUR
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: