Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
From this location close to the town of Tavarnelle, midway between Florence and Siena, you can enjoy easy access to both cities as well as the Chianti Region. Take a dip in the pool, stroll through the villa’s rose gardens, olive tree groves, and admire views of the vineyards beyond. You and your guests can enjoy the ample outdoor space in the lounge areas or alfresco dining areas; you can even purchase wine and olive oil produce on the estate to accompany your meals!
- Location Description
Tavarnelle Val di Pesa dates back to the Roman Ages and is two kilometers from the property. In addition to shops, restaurants, and markets, Tavarnelle has a rich heritage and many ancient buildings, much like the entire Chianti region. The main sights include the church of Santa Lucia at Borghetto, Saint Peter’s Church at Bossolo, and the Museum of Holy Art. Each July, a summer festival is held featuring live music and theater shows as well as markets offering tastes of local recipes and dishes. The location of the villa and the town of Tavarnelle, midway between Florence and Siena, is ideal for visits throughout Tuscany.
Nearby Attractions: San Gimignano is a great place to go for a day trip. As one of the most visited towns in Tuscany, it is known for its rich history dating back to the Etruscan times and is full of life and things to do. Popular attractions include the famous towers, the 12th century Duomo, the People's Palace, and several museums dedicated to artwork and archeology. There are also plenty of wine tasting tours, art galleries, shops, and delicious restaurants. Numerous celebrations and gatherings are held every year including a music festival featuring theater, ballet, and opera performances, and a Medieval Harvest festival where the people of San Gimignano dress up as knights and play medieval games and have tournaments. Naturally, you’ll also want to take day trips to the other famous Tuscan cities such as Volterra, Florence, and Siena.
Cortona: 115 km/ 71.4mi
Lucca: 104 km/ 64.6 mi
Siena: 35 km/ 21.7 mi
San Gimignano: 25 km/ 15.5 mi
Florence (City, Airport): 25 km/ 15.5 mi
Tavarnelle Val di Pesa: 1.5 km/ 1.24 mi
Certaldo (train station): 16km/10mi
Poggibonsi (train station): 13km/8mi
- Exterior Description
(10 Hectares/24.7 Acres)
The villa is situated on an expansive estate surrounded by vineyards and olive trees. The owner’s home is on the estate, but privacy is maintained. There are rose gardens, large lawns, and several outdoor lounge areas. There is a swimming pool (15m x 7m) and a hot tub (for 5 people) surrounded by olive trees, sun beds and a vine-covered gazebo. Near the pool there is a changing area and a mini-fridge for drinks. The villa’s stone courtyard is furnished with comfortable armchairs and a table beneath a gazebo perfect for alfresco dining. Towards one end of the garden sits a shaded area with marble topped table and a small outdoor kitchen for preparing meals. There is a private tennis court 300m away at a private villa that guests are welcome to use. Guests visiting during grape picking season (September-October) or olive picking season (October-November) have the opportunity to taste the vino novello or freshly pressed olive oil!
- Interior Description
The villa is one of three buildings on the estate. There is also a guest house (currently under renovation) and the home of the owners. Privacy is maintained and you and your guests have exclusive use of the main gardens and swimming pool
Main Villa (500m2/ 5,381ft2)
Ground Floor: Once home to the Sernigi family, wealthy merchants in the 1400’s, this villa has been carefully restored maintaining several original features and numerous antiques—while still providing all the comforts of home. Through the entryway you’ll find a large hall with antique wooden benches and table. Across the hall is the dining area with an expandable table for up to 20 guests and a fireplace. Beyond the dining room is a large, fully equipped kitchen with a fridge, freezer, gas stove, oven, microwave, and counter/breakfast table. The kitchen also has access to a courtyard with alfresco dining table. A staircase of about 6 steps leads to the two bedrooms on this floor. There is a bedroom with two 90cm twin beds (can be arranged as a queen upon prior request) and an en-suite bathroom with tub and shower. The second, simple bedroom has modern furniture, two 90cm twin beds, and an en-suite bathroom with shower. There is also a laundry room with washer and dryer. A staircase from this floor leads to a cellar where guests can purchase the villa’s own wine and olive oil.
First Floor: (20 Steps) Here there are two large living areas with comfortable sofas and armchairs; one has garden views, the other a fireplace, TV, DVD player, and CD player. There are also 5 bedrooms on this floor.
One has a 160m queen-sized bed and an en-suite bathroom with shower.
There are 3 more bedrooms with 90cm twin beds that can be adjoined and en-suite bathrooms with sink, toilet and shower. The fifth is a small single bedroom (seven steps down) with a 90cm single bed (an additional single bed can be added upon prior request free of charge) and an en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Chef Service: Breakfast 20 Euros per person; Dinner 35 Euros per person
- Extra Maid Service: Upon request
- Portable Crib: Upon request
- A Welcome Dinner is provided.
- The owner’s home is on the estate, but privacy is maintained.
- The twin beds are 80 cm and considered narrow for US standards; they are most appropriate for young people. With the exception of the ground floor room for children, all the twin beds can be arranged as queens upon prior request.
- An addition single bed can be added to the small single bedroom in the villa free of charge: upon prior request at the time of booking.
- The villa can be rented out for weddings. Please inquire for more details.
- Maid Service is provided for 2 hours each day. Additional Maid Service can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Ceiling Fans - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Extra Cost
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 2000 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Late Arrival Fee (Payable upon Arrival): 50 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time