Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
This beautiful Tuscan villa has many vantage points from which you can admire the rolling hills and landscape of the Chianti region. The villa enjoys a rich history and has been carefully restored to offer modern comforts amidst rustic elegance. Beautiful outdoor spaces equipped with dining and lounge areas are the perfect place to gather with family and friends for meals and conversation. You are also ideally located to plan day trips to Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, and Volterra.
- Location Description
The villa is located 3km outside the medieval village of Barberino Val d’Elsa in the Chianti region of Tuscany. There are shops, restaurants, a great pizzeria, a market, a bank, and a post office. Dating back to the Middle Ages, Barberino Val d'Elsa marks the midway point between Siena and Florence. The village has an ancient church, castle, chapel, and beautiful views of the olive groves and vineyards that make up much of the Chianti Classico region. You can enjoy wine tasting, biking, tennis, and other activities in the area. Nearby Poggibonsi has markets, shops, restaurants, and a small train station.
Nearby Attractions: San Gimignano is perfect for a day trip. As one of the most visited towns in Tuscany, it is known for its rich history dating back to the Etruscan times. It is full of life and things to do. Popular attractions include the famous towers, the 12th century Duomo, the People's Palace, and several museums dedicated to artwork and archeology. There are also plenty of wine tasting tours, art galleries, shops, and delicious restaurants. Numerous celebrations and gatherings are held every year including a music festival featuring theater, ballet, and opera performances, and a Medieval Harvest festival where the people of San Gimignano dress up as knights, play medieval games, and have tournaments.
Pisa: 100 km/ 62 mi
Volterra: 45 km/ 28 mi
Florence: 40 km/ 25 mi
Siena: 35 km/ 21 mi
San Gimignano: 25 km/ 15.5 mi
Poggibonsi (Train): 12 km/ 7.5 mi
Tennis: 8 km/ 5 mi
Barberino Val d’Elsa: 3 km/ 1.9 mi
- Exterior Description
Located on a large estate on a hillside, the villa overlooks vineyards and olive groves. The property is fenced and has private parking. The grounds have manicured gardens, a large lawn with lounge chairs, and an adjacent paved lounge area. 22 steps lead down to the pool (10m x 5m, open mid May to mid October depending on the weather) sunbeds, and small-unheated whirlpool tub with jets. There is a terrace with shaded alfresco dining accommodations as well as an additional shaded lounge area overlooking the countryside. There is also a built-in barbecue area with stone table.
- Interior Description
(600 m2/6,458 ft2)
The villa dates back to 1000 AD when it was originally used as a castle watchtower. It has undergone a meticulous restoration to provide every modern comfort while still maintaining its historic charm.
Ground Floor: The main portion of the villa has two living rooms; the smaller of which has comfortable seating and great views of the valley, while the other is spacious and has more seating for gathering and entertaining. On this level there is also a bedroom with two narrow 80cm twin beds (can be arranged as a queen upon prior request) with an en-suite bathroom with shower, and a separate powder room.
First Floor: (20 Steps) There are three bedrooms on this floor. The first has a 160cm queen-sized bed, a fireplace, and an en-suite bathroom with a double shower. The second has two narrow 80cm twin beds (can be arranged as a queen upon prior request) and an en-suite bathroom with shower. The third has a 160cm queen-sized bed, an adjoining living area with fireplace, and an en-suite bathroom with shower.
Second Floor: (Approx. 15 Steps) The villa’s master bedroom is on this floor and has a 160cm queen-sized bed, a fireplace, separate dressing room, and a large en-suite bathroom with bathtub and shower.
Ground Floor: A glass corridor from the main villa leads to the second portion of the villa—formerly a hay barn—where additional bedrooms, the kitchen and dining room are located. The spacious modern kitchen comes equipped with a large double refrigerator with separate freezer, an 8-burner gas stove, two ovens, a wine cooler, dishwasher, American coffee maker, and microwave. A glass door from the kitchen leads to a courtyard with dining table. The formal dining room comfortably seats 16 people and has the original stone walls exposed for a rustic feel. There is also a laundry room and guest bathroom on this floor.
First Floor: (Stairs) There are two more bedrooms located on this level; each has a 160cm-queen-sized bed and en-suite bathroom with shower.
Pool Level: (20 Steps) Next to the pool is a separate studio guesthouse with a 160cm queen-sized bed, a kitchenette with sink, mini fridge, and 2 hot plates, and an en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
- Portable Baby Crib: Upon request
- Babysitting: Upon request
- A Welcome Dinner is provided.
- The villa is available for wedding or events. Please inquire for more details.
- Tennis courts are available 8 km away but must be booked in advance (at no extra charge) by the owner.
- The twin beds are 80 cm wide and considered narrow by US standards. If used as twin beds, rather than joined to form a queen-size bed, they are most suitable for young people.
- The twin beds can be arranged as queens upon prior request.
- Housekeeping is provided for 2 hours every day, except Sunday or Holidays. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Extra Cost
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Late Arrival Fee (Payable upon Arrival): 50 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time