Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Rolling hills as far as the eye can see, alfresco meals under a pergola, walks to a quaint village, wine tasting at nearby vineyards – enjoy the many charms of the Italian countryside at this restored hilltop farmhouse. Set amidst a private garden with a pool, the farmhouse is an ideal place from which to explore the regions of Emilia Romagna and northern Tuscany.
- Location Description
The farmhouse is located on a hilltop near the southeastern corner of the Emilia-Romagna region, bordering the Foresti Casentinesi, a national park extending southward into Tuscany. A public tennis court is located about 300 meters away, and the quiet village of Tredozio is 800 meters (less than a 10-minute walk) away. A small river runs through Tredozio, where there are restaurants (including the excellent Mulino di San Michele, which is housed in an old water mill), grocery shops, coffee bars, a butcher, bank with ATM and post office. Palazzo Fantini, a 17th-century residence, offers tours of its beautiful garden as well as seasonal courtyard concerts. In the summer months, mountain bikes may be rented from the small information area in the village center. Buses run from the village to Faenza and Forli. The area’s scenic vineyards offer wine tasting starting about 10 kilometers from the villa, and the many small villages and towns make for excellent exploring during half-day and daylong trips.
Parma: 182 km/ 113 mi
Modena: 128 km/ 79.5 mi
Florence: 80 km/ 49.7 mi
Bologna: 75 km/ 46.6 mi
Ravenna: 69 km/ 42.8 mi
Forlì: 45 km/ 27.9 mi
Faenza: 28 km/ 17.3 mi
San Benedetto in Alpe (national park): 25 km/ 15.5 mi
Brisighella: 21 km/ 13 mi
Portico di Romagna: 16 km/ 9.9 mi
Vineyards: 10 to 25 km/ 6.2 – 15.5 mi
Modigliana: 9 km/ 5.5 mi
Tredozio: 800 m/ 2,625 ft
- Exterior Description
(6,000 m2/ 64,584 ft2)
A paved road leads from the main road (strada statale) to the farmhouse and grounds. The property is partially fenced and surrounded by neighboring fields. There is a private, terraced garden with several shaded sitting areas, a shaded pergola with a table and chairs for alfresco dining, and a barbecue. The swimming pool (5 x 10 x 1.4 m, open May to September) offers panoramic views of the valley, 6 sunbeds, 4 armchairs and umbrellas. An outdoor shower with hot/cold water is located next to the pool area. Close to the house there is a small building that houses an additional dining area with a table. A washing machine is located outside, in the back of the house, and there are parking spaces for 4 cars.
- Interior Description
(160 m2/ 1m722 ft2)
Ground Floor: There is a living room with a sofa, two armchairs and views of the valley. The kitchen is equipped with an oven, electric stove with 4 burners, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, American coffee maker, Italian stove-top coffee maker (Moka) and dining table for 8. There is also a bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet. An external staircase (15 steps) leads to the first floor.
First Floor: The entrance hall leads to a studio/reading room with a large single sofa bed (130 cm, comfortable for one), a TV, and an ensuite bathroom with shower, sink, toilet, bidet and hairdryer, plus mosquito window screens. The second room has a queen-size bed (160 cm), small refrigerator, views of the valley and ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and hairdryer. All of the windows in this room and the bathroom have mosquito windows screens. An internal staircase (12 steps) leads to the second floor.
Second Floor: There are two bedrooms, each with two twin beds (can be joined together upon prior request to make a queen-size bed 160 cm), small refrigerator and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and hairdryer. Mosquito screens are available on one window of the first room and all windows of the second room and bathroom.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Baby Bed: 100 Euros per week
- Bike Tours: Upon request in advance
- Cell Phone with Prepaid Card: Upon request in advance
- Cook Service: Upon request in advance
- Cooking Classes at Palazzo Fantini: Upon request in advance
- Extra Bed: 150 Euros per week
- Housekeeping (additional): 10 Euros per hour, upon request
- Hiking Tours: Upon request in advance
- Italian Language Classes: Upon request in advance
- Laundry Service: Upon request in advance
- Portable Fans: Fans are available upon request.
- Housekeeping: Housekeeping is included for 2 hours per day on Tuesday and Thursday
- A visit to the gardens of Palazzo Fantini is included, as is an introduction to the area with a local guide (the latter is available on Sundays).
- Window Screens: The two bedrooms on the first floor have bug screens on all windows, one of the second-floor rooms has screens on all windows, and the other second-floor room has a screen on one window.
- Please inquire about accommodating more than 3 children.
- The six images after the floor plans are of the Palazzo (garden tour and cooking classes available), including its kitchen.
- Walk to Town: The walk to town uses the same road as cars, but it is a small country road and not very busy.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Mobile Telephone Available - Extra Cost
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Fans Available - Upon Request
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Partial House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 800 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Electricity (above 50 euros per week): According to consumption
- Heating Deposit (Payable in Cash Upon Arrival) - Weekly Charge: 100 EUR
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: