Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Set amidst the gorgeous natural landscapes of the Italian Rivera, this quaint villa makes a charming holiday home for a small family with children or teenagers. Guests will enjoy swiming in the sea-view pool, alfresco meals prepared in the outdoor kitchen, walks to Portovenere, and day trips to La Spezia, the Cinque Terre, Lerici and more.
- Location Description
The villa is located in a peaceful area near the village of Portovenere. The closest restaurant is 500 meters away. Portovenere can be reached by car or on foot (15-minute walk) following a path that begins at the upper gate of the villa, on top of the hill, crosses the two-lane road outside the villa, then continues down a staircase along the hillside. The village can also be reached by bus, by taking the same path in the opposite direction to the bus stop on the main road. Portovenere is home to the main public beach, shops, restaurants, a grocery store, pharmacy, and the ferries to go to the Cinque Terre, Lerici, Palmaria Island and Tellaro. There is also a nearby bus stop for trips into La Spezia. Further in town is the ancient castle and fortress, dating back to the 10th century. For those who like the outdoors, there are many opportunities for hiking from the village, as well as elsewhere in the area, including the diverse and wide-ranging network of trails of the Cinque Terre. Unwind at the near beaches of L'Arenella, Royal, and L'Olivo, which welcome you with clear water and pebbly sand. There is a 9-hole golf course in Lerici, and an 18-hole course in Forte dei Marmi.
Pisa/Genova airport: 100 km/62 mi
La Spezia: 12 km/ 7.5 mi
La Spezia train station: 10 km/ 6.5 mi
Portovenere: 1.5 km/ 1 mi
- Exterior Description
A main gate opens onto the grounds, and a 50-meter path leads through the olive trees and up the hill. At top of the hill there are gorgeous views of Poet’s Gulf, as well as the main villa and a covered terrace overlooking the swimming pool. The terrace is furnished with a small sofa, armchairs and tea table. The pool (8 m x 4 m x 1.5 m) is surrounded by trees and a deck with sun loungers, a ping-pong table and views of the gulf. There is also a bench swing and a small children’s playhouse. There is an outdoor kitchen with a gas stove, barbecue and pizza oven. There are two separate covered terraces for alfresco dining, each with a table for 6. The grounds have numerous spots in which to sit and enjoy nature, including three long, wooden benches and several armchairs next to the covered dining area outside of the main villa. The guest house is approximately 10 meters from the main house. The villa’s dedicated parking area sits at the bottom of the hill, at the base of the property. The slope is not very steep, but since this is the only way to reach the villa, guests must be in good physical health and be able to walk uphill.
- Interior Description
(140 m2/ 1,507 ft2)
Main Villa (Sleeps 4)
Ground Floor: The entrance opens onto a small living room with a sofa, two armchairs, a stone fireplace, flat-screen TV, dining table for up to 6 and doors to a covered terrace. The kitchen has a gas stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffee maker and kettle. There are two bedrooms. The first bedroom has a queen-size bed (160 cm), and the second bedroom has two narrow single beds (80 cm each, most comfortable for a young person). There is one bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet, bidet and washing machine.
Guest House (Sleeps 2)
Ground Floor: Located off of the main outdoor dining area, the small guest house has a queen-size bed (160 cm), flat-screen TV, small table with two armchairs, and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and bidet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Babysitter: Upon request in advance
- Cook Service: Upon request in advance
- Excursions and Tours: Upon request in advance
- Housekeeping (Midweek): Upon request in advance
- Air Conditioning: Both the main villa and guest house are air conditioned, but the temperate weather rarely requires it to be used. The owners kindly ask that air conditioning only be used during exceptionally warm and humid times out of concern for the environment.
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fans Available - Upon Request
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 400 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Late Arrival Fee (Payable upon Arrival): 50 EUR
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 300 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
We enjoyed our stay. The property is well maintained, great views, quiet. A short walk to Le Grazie where there were several bars and great restaurants. You can take the path from the back of the property and walk to Portovenere (a little over a mile). There are a lot of stairs, but you can also take a bus. We walked. If you can walk the Cinque Terre, you should have no problem.
Great location, quiet, good view of the harbor.
There was no WiFi at the upper guest house, which we consider a big negative. The guest house had a better bathroom and living area. The kitchen is detached but it had a large refrigerator, better stove, and dishwasher. We did most of our cooking and eating there.
Great place to use as a base for visiting the Cinque Terre. There were also several marked hiking trails just above the property.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Le Grazie is about 12 mile from the property.
The supplied directions are vague. We were able to pinpoint the location on Google Maps. The parking for the property is on the right.
Check In Out:
Check-in/check-out was excellent. We contacted the property owner when we arrived and he was there in 15 minutes.