Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
An adventurous family, interested in exploring southern Tuscany and northern Umbria, will delight in this villa near Chiusi. A renovated farmhouse, warmly decorated and fully equipped with all the comforts of home, with a private swimming pool and acres of woodland to explore, has it all. A train station in Chiusi, one of the main stops along the Florence-Rome route, is located 20-30 minutes away. The Southern Tuscan towns of Cetona, Montepulciano, Pienza and Montalcino are all good day trips to take by car.
- Location Description
Four kilometers from Villa Corso is the village of Palazzone which has shops, restaurants, and thermal baths. A drive of about 20 minutes leads to the A-1 Autostrada (Rome-Florence) and the rail station of Chiusi (intercity trains to Rome or Florence/Milan). Chiusi is centrally located between Rome and Florence and has a flourishing artistic and social scene. Within the village are multiple restaurants, shops, banks, pharmacies, and more. Venturing further, Montepulciano and Montalcino or Pienza make great day trips, or explore the historic region of Umbria. The city of Perugia is an hour’s drive away, and has must-see ancient cathedrals and a very popular chocolate festival, held every October.
Rome: 180 km/112 mi
Florence: 150 km/93 mi
Siena: 90 km/56 mi
Pienza: 60 km/37 mi
Montalcino: 60 km/37 mi
Montepulciano: 35 km/22 mi
Chiusi (train station): 21 km/13 mi
Cetona: 15 km/9.3 mi
Shops, restaurant, thermal baths: 4 km/2.5 mi
- Exterior Description
This renovated Tuscan farmhouse is situated on top of a hill within 50 acres of oak woodland, pastures, and olive groves. Views of the countryside may be enjoyed from several terraces, all of which are equipped for dining al fresco. The private swimming pool (14m x 5.5m), which can be heated in the spring and fall for an additional charge, is surrounded by a garden and there are lounge chairs and sun beds.
- Interior Description
(380 m2/4,090 ft2)
Lower Ground Floor: A small twin bedroom (90 cm) has an en suite bathroom with a bath tub. There is also a utility room with a washing machine and dryer.
Ground Floor: An entrance hall leads to a fully equipped kitchen with a fireplace. An arch opens to the dining room which has a set of French doors leading to a covered loggia. The living room occupies an entire end of the house, and opens to the pool through a set of double doors. It is equipped with a Satellite TV, CD player, tape player, a radio, and a fireplace. Within an alcove is a large antique desk with a fax machine. A master bedroom with a king-size (180 cm) four-poster bed has views over the garden and a door leading to the pool area. This bedroom has an en suite bathroom with a tub and hand shower head as well as a shower stall. The second bedroom has two twin (90 cm) iron framed beds. (Please Note: These beds cannot be combined). There is a full bathroom with a tub and wall-mounted shower head.
First Floor: Four bedrooms are found on this floor. A double bedroom has a queen size (160 cm) canopy bed. There is a separate bathroom with a bathtub. A second master bedroom has a queen size (160 cm) bed, an alcove with a desk, a large closet, and two large windows with countryside views. It has an en suite bathroom with a tub with mall-mounted shower. A single bedroom has a sleigh bed (French; 140 cm) and a desk and dresser. It opens to a private, west-facing terrace with views over Monte Amiata and Monte Cetona. It has a walk in closet and an en suite bathroom with a bathtub. The fourth bedroom is a twin bedroom (90 cm). Additionally, a loggia and terrace are on the first floor with stone steps leading down to the garden.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- If additional assistance is needed for cooking (or laundry), extra hours may be arranged with the housekeeper and her assistant(s): 15 Euro/hour for the housekeeper plus 15 Euro/hour for her assistant(s)
- Pool Heating: 250 Euro per day; Must be requested at least two weeks prior to your arrival
- Food and Beverage: Upon request
- Extra Change of Linen and Towels: For all rooms and swimming pool: 150 Euros/day
- Extra Change of Linen and Towels: For rooms only: 140 Euros/day
- Extra Change of Linen and Towels: Per room: 20 Euros/day
- Heating for the house and/or the pool MUST be requested at least two weeks prior to your stay.
- The French sleigh bed (140 cm), which is considered narrow for two people by American standards, is for a single guest, only.
- The twin beds on the ground floor may be pushed together; however, this is a small bedroom and is more comfortable for two young people.
- Housekeeping: Is included three hours per day, six days a week.
- There is regular garden and pool maintenance.
- Games for children: playing cards, ping pong table, petanque, football doors, and badminton.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- One month prior to your arrival at the property, you are required to pay a security deposit directly to the owner by wire transfer. The security deposit will be returned to you by check within two weeks of your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 2000 EUR
- If Heating of the Pool or House or extra Housekeeping is requested, upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a utilities deposit payable in cash, in the amount of: 1500 EUR
- Pool Heating - Daily Charge (must be requested two weeks in advance): 250 EUR
- Heating - Daily Charge (must be reuested two weeks in advance): 100 EUR
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: