Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
The privacy and serenity of the Tuscan countryside create a relaxing atmosphere at this restored farmhouse and guest cottage. The gated grounds feature picturesque greenery, a swimming pool, an external kitchen and a pizza oven. This family-friendly property also offers beautiful views of Cortona, which is a short drive away.
- Location Description
Located in Tuscany’s beautiful, green countryside, the hillside villa is only 4 kilometers away (5-minute drive) from Cortona but far from the noise of the main roads. An ancient Etruscan hilltop town, Cortona is full of art, history and culture. Visit ancient Etruscan tombs dating back to the second century BC, tour frescoed churches from the 13th century, explore the original city walls, and then take in an art exhibit in the 16th-century fortress. There are plenty of restaurants featuring delicious Tuscan dishes, and many shops selling antiques, crafts, wines, and olive oils. The town also has a bank, post office, and pharmacy. Day trip options include Lake Trasimeno, Arezzo, Perugia, Siena and Florence. Onsite parking is available for two to three cars. A car is necessary.
Nearby Attractions: Arezzo is perfect for a day trip. Once one of the most important Etruscan cities, today Arezzo is beautiful for an array of architecture spanning centuries, from Etruscan ruins to the Roman amphitheater and the Medici Fortress. The first weekend of each month brings a popular antique fair, while annually there is a festival called "Joust of the Saracens," where all of the citizens dress in medieval attire and knights representing each part of the city charge at a target representing a Saracen king. Other excellent day trip destinations from the property are to Lake Trasimeno, where you can participate in water sports, Arezzo, Perugia, and Siena.
Florence (Airport): 120 km/75 mi
Siena: 60 km/37 mi
Perugia (Airport): 50 km/31 mi
Arezzo: 32 km/19.9 mi
Lake Trasimeno: 20 km/12.4 mi
Cortona: 4 km/2.5 mi
- Exterior Description
The villa is set in the Tuscan countryside amidst olive and cypress trees. An automatic gate opens onto fenced grounds, which overlook Cortona and the Chiana valley and are surrounded by holm trees and parkland. Wide expanses of grass border a large pool with sunbeds and umbrellas, a children’s swing set, volleyball net and shaded ping-pong table. An outbuilding houses an enclosed kitchen equipped with an oven, dishwasher and dining area with a table. There is also a barbecue. The adjacent outdoor gazebo has a table with bench seating and spectacular views of the Cortona hillside. Next to the kitchen there is a stone pizza oven.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The living room features a sofa, two armchairs, fireplace and TV. There is one bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm) and a separate bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and hairdryer.
First Floor: The large living and dining room features a sofa, two armchairs, dining table for 8, fireplace, TV and DVD player. The kitchen is equipped with a stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, American coffee maker and large dining table with bench seating. There is a reading room as well as one bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm). A separate bathroom has a shower, sink, toilet and hairdryer.
Second Floor: There is a living room with a sofa and a panoramic view. There are two bedrooms. The first bedroom has a queen-size bed (160 cm). The second bedroom, which has an additional attic-level room, may be used as a family suite. The main bedroom has a queen-size bed (160 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and hairdryer. From this room a steep wooden staircase leads up to the attic level, where the additional bedroom has two narrow single beds (80 cm each, best suited to children; can be joined to form a queen-size bed upon prior request).
Ground Floor: There is a bedroom with two queen-size beds (160 cm each), minibar, TV and ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and hairdryer. There is also a laundry area with a washing machine, iron and board.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Spa Treatments: Upon request
- Sports Adventures: Upon request
- Air conditioning is available in all of the bedrooms for an extra cost.
- The twin beds in the attic may be joined to form a double bed upon prior request.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Wheelchair Accessible - Inside Home
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to Consumption
- Final Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 300 EUR
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Air Conditioning: According to consumption
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: