Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
The well-maintained farmhouse has a detached cottage that houses a separate double bedroom and bathroom. The lovely terraced garden includes a pool with lounge chairs, as well as other seating and dining areas around the house. There is also a glassed-in porch for morning coffee and evening aperitif. The villa is a short drive to Cortona and easily accessible to Arezzo, as well as the rest of Eastern Tuscany and Umbria.
- Location Description
The city of Cortona, with its shops, restaurants and open air market is 2.5 kilometers away. Cortona has all the necessities and services including banks, bars, a post office, antique shops, pharmacies, and grocery stores. This city is an encounter with art, history, and culture. You'll rediscover Tuscany's past in Cortona, which has changed very little in the last 400 years or so. Sitting in the center of the triangle formed by Arezzo, Siena, and Perugia, as well as being near Lake Trasimeno and the Appenines, Cortona is both ideally located for day trips and a sparkling gem of the region. In Cortona there is no end to picturesque streets and amazing historic buildings. Tour frescoed churches from the 13th century; explore the original city walls; see and art exhibit in the 16th century fortress. You can also visit the local museums and libraries, tiptoe around ancient monasteries and tombs dating back to the second century B.C., dine on the best Tuscan dishes as you look out on an historic palazzo or drive out to one of the villas dotting the countryside.
Florence: 115 km/71.5 mi
Siena: 77 km/48 mi
Perugia: 52 km/32 mi
Pienza: 49 km/30 mi
Montepulciano: 35 km/22 mi
Arezzo: 28 km/17 mi
Cortona: 2.5 km/1.5 mi
- Exterior Description
(300 m2/3,229 ft2)
This is a well-maintained villa sitting within a large, private garden on the hills near Cortona. Terraced with a well-kept lawn, olive trees, and many other plants, there is a private swimming pool (Open May 1 – October 1), with sun chairs, umbrellas, and loungers. Tables and chairs have been arranged outdoors for relaxing or dining al fresco. A wood oven with a grill is located outside for cooking as well. Parking is available on the property.
- Interior Description
(250 m2/2,690 ft2)
Ground Floor: A large, brightly painted sitting room welcomes guests to the villa and is furnished with sofas, a glass table, and Satellite TV. A separate dining room has a long table for 10 guests and leads to the kitchen. Fully equipped, the kitchen has an oven, microwave, toaster, tea kettle, American coffee maker, dishwasher, and features a kitchen island stocked with pots and pans and a large, stone corner fireplace. From the kitchen are doors leading to the outside. On the ground floor is one double bedroom with a queen size bed (160cm) an en suite bathroom with a shower.
First Floor: From the main hallway, a staircase leads up three double bedrooms and the villa’s limonaia (sun room). The large glass and wrought iron enclosed limonaia is furnished with a table, chairs, and a lounger and opens to the garden/pool level. Two of the double bedrooms have queen size beds (160 cm) with ensuite bathrooms with showers (one has both a bathtub and shower). The third bedroom has a set of twin beds (90 cm), which cannot be formed into a double bed. This room also has an ensuite bathroom with a shower.
Cottage (detached): Located just 5 meters/16 feet from the main villa is a cottage with a double bedroom with a queen size bed (160 cm), and an ensuite bathroom with a shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service/Dinners: Upon request
- Babysitting Services: Upon request
- Baby Crib: 70 Euros per week
- Tours: Upon request
- The kitchen, sitting room, and sunroom do not have air conditioning. The remaining rooms in the villa all have air conditioning (including the bedrooms).
- The twin beds cannot be pushed together to form a double bed.
- The cottage is detached from the villa and located just 5 meters away.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to Consumption
- Final Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 300 EUR
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Air Conditioning: According to consumption
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: