Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
An ideal location, this three-bedroom apartment occupies the main floor and garden level of a renovated Art Nouveau villa nestled alongside Lake Como. Guests will enjoy relaxing in the private lakeside hot tub, walking to the small local village and exploring the nearby lake shore.
- Location Description
The property is located in an exclusive neighborhood along Lake Como, 500 meters from the village of Laglio, a tiny, scenic haven with two restaurants and a bar. Both the village and the lake shore (5-minute walk away) can be reached on foot by following a short but steep street from the villa to the lake road (shared with cars). The apartment enjoys stunning views of the lake and is positioned between the Villa d’Este hotel and a grand private villa. The best way to view the stately villas and surrounding gardens is by boat. The neighboring town of Como is 7 km away. Sights in Como include the Duomo, the austere church of San Abbondio, the Piazza S. Fedele (with many 400-year-old buildings), and the Basilica, one of the masterpieces of the maestri comacini (Como masters). The town also has an array of restaurants serving authentic Italian food as well as cuisines from around the world. Also 7 km away is the town of Cernobbio, home to the prestigious golf club of Villa D’Este. Up the coast is Menaggio, a popular recreation area with opportunities for windsurfing, water skiing and other water-based activities. Visitors can also rent a bicycle and explore the area or take a walk down the lakeside promenade, lined with flowers. Ferry service takes visitors to Varenna or Bellagio (considered by many to be the most beautiful town in Europe). Its narrow cobbled streets, breathtaking views, impeccable homes and glorious villas make it a most enchanting spot
to explore. While the village is within walking distance, a car is necessary for exploring the surrounding area.
Cernobbio: 7 km/4.5 mi
Como: 7 km/4.5 mi
Nearest Village (Laglio): 500 m
- Exterior Description
An imposing iron gate opens onto the grounds, where there is a lakeside garden (256 m2) with manicured lawns, plants, flowers, trees and panoramic views. The garden area in front of the apartment, which is exclusive to guests, features a deck (70 m2) furnished with sunbeds and deckchairs as well as a Jacuzzi (accommodates four people). The larger grounds of the estate are shared. Off of the main level of the apartment there is a private covered patio featuring vaulted ceilings and a large dining table. The apartment has an independent entrance via the garden, and the two upstairs units have a separate entrance at the back of the villa. There is private parking for two cars.
- Interior Description
(286 m2/ 3,078 ft2)
The villa is situated on a hill, thus the garden level is lower than the main level.
Main Level (210 m2/ 2,260 ft2): On this floor there is a large living room with Venetian stucco walls, sofas, armchairs, flat-screen TV with satellite (English and Russian channels), Bose surround sound and lake views. There is also a dining area with a round table for four and a wood floor with under-floor heating. The kitchen features granite counters, stove, oven, microwave and dishwasher. The library has a laptop, printer and Skype phone for international and local calls. There are two bedrooms. The first is a master with a queen-size bed (160 cm), silk tapestries, hand-painted ceilings and lake views. The second has two single beds (90 cm each, may be joined together to form a king-size bed, upon prior request) and a flat-screen TV with satellite. There are two separate bathrooms, the first with a power shower, sink, toilet and bidet, and the second with a Jacuzzi tub, sink, toilet and bidet.
Garden Level (76 m2/ 818 ft2): This independent unit (no air conditioning) can be accessed directly from the garden or from a marble staircase in the main hallway. There is one bedroom with two single beds (90 cm each, beds cannot be joined together upon prior request) and a separate bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet. A small kitchenette features an electric cooker, microwave, electric kettle and coffee machine. The fitness room has gym equipment and a flat-screen TV. There is also a laundry room with a washing machine, clothes dryer, iron and board.
- Features Description
- Air Conditioning: The villa is air conditioned except for the second bedroom on the main floor (two single beds) and the independent unit on the garden level.
- Due to the very high quality of furnishings throughout the villa, children between 1 and 12 are not permitted.
- Housekeeping is provided daily for 2 hours per day.
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Area - Shared
- Gym Equipment
- TV - English Channels Available
- Computer Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Heating - Partial House
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Telephone and Internet (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Heating - Weekly Charge: 80 EUR
- Electricity usage (above 50 euros): According to consumption
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time