Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
This large and historic villa overlooking Lake Como is close to Menaggio and the splendors of northern Italy. The eight-bedroom villa has elegant furniture and beautiful ceiling paintings. It is located in a small hillside village with a grocery shop and cafes, as well as bus service.
- Location Description
This villa is located in the small hillside village of Croce, which has a grocery shop, supermarkets, cafes, eateries, and a convenient bus service. It is just a seven minutes’ drive away from Menaggio, one of the famous picturesque ‘ golden triangle’ towns of Lake Como. One of the largest towns in the central lake area, which includes Varenna and Bellagio, Menaggio has Roman origins and boasts a charming historic center. The town is a “local” haunt, as well as a tourist destination. It has a very nice lakefront promenade with the largest Lido on the lake, Lido Giardino Menaggio, which has a large pool (25m), children’ s pool, and a beach with sun loungers, lake access, volley ball, playground and a pizzeria. There is very good public transportation via buses and ferries. Bellagio and Varenna are also important to visit, even if the former is filled with tourists during the summer season. Varenna is lovely with a wonderful lakeside promenade and the Villa Monastero.
Nearby Attractions: Eat at the highly recommended ‘ Agroturismo’ popular with families and known as ‘ La Barcola’ , which is less than a 5 minutes’ drive away. The Menaggio and Cadenabbia Golf club are nearby as well. Be sure to utilize the Tourist Office in the main square of Piazza Garibaldi. They can give you lots of helpful information, including timetables, brochures, maps and current events in the area. Lake Como’ s activities include sailing, kayaking, water sports, quad bike tours and other extreme sports. Ski resorts are many and varied from Madesimo to St Moritz, and are just 1-2 hours’ drive away. The villa is accessible from all major Milan and Swiss airports.
Menaggio (ferry): 3.2 km/2 mi
Loveno: 2.9 km/1.8 mi
Croce (bus): In village
- Exterior Description
Dating back to 1888, this independent villa is set against the hillside of Menaggio and the blue of Lake Como. Framed by two cypress trees, the romantic home features a Juliette balcony set against green shutters. Protected by electric gates, this three-story villa has a gravel driveway and parking for three cars. It features a private swimming pool (8m x 4m; open mid-May until late September) surrounded by a garden with sun loungers. Along the villa is a dining area with a built-in stone barbecue and tables and chairs for dining al fresco.
- Interior Description
(360 m2/3,875 ft2)
Ground Floor: This large villa has a fully equipped kitchen with an oven, American coffee maker, dishwasher, electric tea kettle, toaster, and microwave. A secondary kitchen on the ground floor opens up to the stone-built barbecue and dining area outside. The villa’ s first bedroom is a guest suite with a queen size bed (160 cm) with an en suite bathroom with a shower. Two more bedrooms each have a queen size bed (160 cm). The fourth bedroom has a set of narrow twin beds (80 cm, most suitable for young people). There is a family bathroom with a bath tub, shower, and double sink.
First Floor: A stone staircase leads to the first floor which is the primary living and entertaining floor. A third, open plan kitchen is well equipped and has original marble flooring with a hand painted, Tuscan style design on the walls. The dining area has a large antique table, set atop the original wooden floors, and a marble fireplace. A drawing room, with two fireplaces, sofas, and the TV, and a built in bar offer more options for entertaining. The villa’ s Juliette balcony is accessed from the first floor and there is also a simple, single bedroom (80 cm), ideal for a nanny or staff, with access to a bathroom with a shower and washing machine and dryer.
Upper Floor: The stone steps continue to the upper floor where there are three bedrooms. The first two bedrooms are furnished with narrow, single beds (80 cm, most suitable for young people). The third bedroom is the 85m2/914 ft2 master suite bedroom. It features a sleeping area with beamed ceilings and a queen size bed (160 cm) as well as a sitting area with a sofa and panoramic views of Lake Como. The en suite bathroom has a Jacuzzi and a shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Catering: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Chauffeur: Upon request
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen: 20 Euros per week
- Highchair: 15 Euros per week
- Wi-Fi/USB Internet Stick: 35 Euros per week (includes 10 Euros of consumable credit)
- Fans: Available upon request
- With the rental of this villa, guests get free access to the Lido di Menaggio. The Lido di Menaggio has swimming pools, a restaurant, a bar/discotheque, a kids club, boat rentals, a sandy beach, kite surfing and various sportive activities to do.
- Internet/WiFi: Please note that Wi-Fi signal and connectivity is not guaranteed and may depend on the strength of the signal in your rental property.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- Jacuzzi Tub - Inside
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Fans Available - Upon Request
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- High Chair
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Property Seasons & Rates (USD)
|Date Range|| ||Weekly|| ||6 Nights|| ||5 Nights|| ||4 Nights|| ||3 Nights|| ||Min
For exact pricing and conditions, click the View Availability button and then click View Pricing and Conditions.
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- No security deposit is required. However, the client will be liable for the cleaning fee, utilities, and any extra charges incurred during the stay, or accidental damages to the property.
- Internet Access - Weekly Charge: 35 EUR
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: