Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
A marvel of opulence and classical French style, this luxury castle in Ventoux will take you back to a time when the noble classes lived like royalty–and in this case, you're the king! In the morning, warm up in the gym or have a friendly match of tennis. Or basketball. Or squash. Or volleyball. Eat your noon meal outdoors at this luxury chateau near Carpentras, by the pool or the fountain. Then check your email or spoil yourself with a bubble bath and a good book. Spend the afternoon strolling through carefully manicured formal gardens before slipping up a staircase (tended by exquisite marble statues) to your bedchamber to change for dinner—a lavish, candlelit affair.
- Location Description
Situated in the Provence countryside between the cities of Carpentras and Orange near Avignon, this private vacation villa offers many local activities and sightseeing opportunities. The surrounding countryside offers some of the most breathtaking scenery in France, with its rolling hills, vineyards and verdant orchards. Enjoy the fresh air as you explore the nearby market town of Sarrians or venture further into the medieval cities of Carpentras and Orange for sightseeing and shopping. Every Friday morning, Carpentras has a colorful market that brings people from all over the region. Orange is an amazing historic city known especially for its ancient Roman theatre, the only one in Europe which still retains its stage wall. It also has some impressive Roman arches and an old city with narrow streets and shady squares, perfect for an afternoon stroll. Orange is also noted for its variety of cultural events, particularly its annual international opera festival. Further away is Avignon, a city ringed by a medieval wall, inside of which you will find narrow, winding streets and ancient buildings filled with shops and restaurants. Avignon is easy to get in and out of by train, is a wonderful city to visit and noteworthy sites include the Palace of the Popes, the Musee Carnavalet, and Notre Dame des Doms cathedral. To Paris, it is 3 hours via non-stop TGV super express train or 50 minutes by air.
Marseille: 100 km/ 62 mi
Nimes: 60 km/ 37 mi
Avignon (Airport): 23 km/ 14 mi
Orange: 14 km/ 9 mi
Carpentras: 9 km/ 5.5 mi
Sarrians: 1 km/ 0.6 mi
- Exterior Description
This peaceful, private 18th century estate is located between Carpentras and Orange near Avignon. Immaculately restored and offering full-service luxury accommodations for up to 15 guests, the estate includes the chateau, sports facilities, and a wedding chapel. The enclosed estate comprises 17 acres of mature wooded parkland, elegant formal gardens, orchards, streams, and a koi carp pond.
There is an internal courtyard with fountains and outdoor dining. There is a private swimming pool (25 m x10 m, 5 m deep) with 15 sunbeds and 2 umbrellas.
There is a summer kitchen with outdoor dining and gas BBQ. The sports facilities include a gym room (with elliptical trainer, bicycle, step machine), a private tennis court, volleyball court, basketball court, and squash room.
- Interior Description
Chateau (850 m2/ 9,150 ft2):
Ground Floor: There are three reception/living rooms (Grand Salon, Oval salon, and Peacock Salon with Satellite TV and Music), and large formal dining room for 15 people. There is also a large fully equipped kitchen and a breakfast room. The master bedroom has a king-size bed (180 cm), A/C, heating, and ensuite bathroom with tub and shower.
There is an internal courtyard with fountains and jasmine-covered walls and al fresco dining area.
First Floor: There is a large library and two master bedroom suites.
The first master suite has a king-size bed (180 cm), A/C, heating, an en-suite bathroom with tub and shower, and access to the terrace. The second master suite has a king-size bed (180 cm), A/C, heating, and en-suite bathroom with tub and shower.
Second Floor: There are four bedrooms each with a king-size bed (180 cm), A/C, heating, and en-suite bathroom with tub. There are also two rooms each with
2 single beds, A/C, heating, and en-suite bathroom with tub.
Annex with the following areas:
- Chapel (only available for wedding rentals).
- Laundry room (washing machine, dryer, iron).
- Staff accommodation.
- Wine cellar (for guests).
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Chef & Waiter (for lunch or dinner): Available on request
- Babysitting: Available on request
- Housekeeping: 3 hours per day is included in the rental price.
- Continental Buffet Breakfast: Daily continental buffet breakfast is included (fresh bread, croissants, hard-boiled eggs, jam, fresh fruits, tea, coffee, chocolate)
- Maintenance: Pool and Garden maintenance is included.
- Two staff live on site in the annex
- WiFi is available everywhere (in the Chateau + courtyard + pool area)
- There is a home cinema.
- There is an organic kitchen garden and fruit orchard for guest's benefit.
- The Chapel is available for wedding rentals only. Please inquire for pricing (120 people max).
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Fenced
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Tennis Court - Private
- DVD player
- Gym Equipment
- Ipod dock
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Along with the final payment, a refundable security deposit is due. You will be requested to post a check to Rentvillas.com in the amount listed. The security deposit will be returned to you within 2 weeks of your departure from the property minus any damages to the property, or any charges incurred during your stay. The listed security deposit is: 15,000 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: