Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Legend has it that this centuries-old farmhouse in Lazio was once used as a chapel by French pilgrims en route to Rome. Situated in the region of Lazio on the three-way border with Umbria and Tuscany, this self-catering accommodation has gorgeous landscaping and 360o views. Once owned by the local Contessa, this beautifully restored farmhouse is within day-trip range of some of the country's most famous cities. It is entirely possible to enjoy full days of touring in Rome or Florence, and still be “home” in time for dinner on the terrace and a good night’s sleep in the cool peace and quiet of the Italian countryside.
- Location Description
The property is located five kilometers from Acquapendente, a thriving market town on the Cassia (the original Roman road); and six kilometers from the village of Torre Alfina in the heart of the Etruscan Highlands. Torre Alfina was recently named one of Italy’s 100 most beautiful villages. It is built around a castle that once belonged to the Monaldeschi and Bourbon del Monte families until it was purchased by Edoardo Cahen in 1880. The village has two restaurants, a grocery store, a butcher shop, a bakery, two cafés and a gelateria. Torre Alfina features a year-round and village-wide art exhibit, and an Annual Blues Festival. This property is ideal for nature lovers and history buffs because it borders the Monte Rufeno Nature Reserve, with its many bike and hiking trails, and the region is dotted with Etruscan caves, ruins and artifacts. It is within an hour of Mediterranean beaches, 15 minutes from the clear volcanic waters of Lake Bolsena, and within 45 minutes of several excellent thermal bath spas. The farmhouse is in a great central location, convenient to many of Italy's best kept secrets: Orvieto, Todi, Bolsena, Bagnoregio, Pienza, Montepulciano, Montalcino, Siena.
Nearby Attractions: Acquapendete (markets, restaurants), Torre Alfina (restaurants, markets, cafes, gelateria, annual festivals), Orvieto (train station), Lake Bolsena, Assisi, Siena.
Siena: 100 km/62 mi
Assisi: 90 km/56 mi
Montepulciano: 60 km/37 mi
Orvieto: 20 km/12 mi
Torre Alfina: 6 km/4 mi
Acquapendente: 5 km/3 mi
- Exterior Description
Positioned on a large volcanic rock, this ancient stone farmhouse is set amongst perennial gardens, countless mature trees, natural terraces, and an orchard. The private outdoor terrace is covered in grape vines and furnished with a gas barbecue, a table that can seat up to 12 people, and lounge chairs. One of its three caves is used as a garden shed, another as a wine cellar under the house. Situated on a well-maintained gravel road, the farmhouse has a remote-control gate, and plenty of secure parking space. Please note that the owners live on the premises, but guests enjoy complete privacy, including an independent entrance and terrace and private gardens.
- Interior Description
The farmhouse is restored with traditional materials, and is beautifully furnished with antiques and unique pieces of art from around the world.
Main Level: The L-shaped living room is furnished with a couch, armchairs, and a piano situated in front of a fireplace. There is satellite TV, a DVD player, Ipod docking station, and a separate space with a desk. Five steps lower is a separate family room with a sofa bed (most suitable for one), which can be curtained off to serve as a bedroom. The kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, wood-burning pizza oven, microwave, dishwasher, and a dining table that can seat up to 10 people. There is a bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower with a tub as well as a utility room with a washing machine, sink, and toilet.
Lower Level: A staircase off the family room leads down to a suite in which two bedrooms are connected by an arch without a door but with a heavy curtain. These bedrooms are suitable for one couple or a young family. The first room has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and the second room has twin beds (90 cm), which can be joined, upon prior request to form a king-size bed (180 cm). The suite has access to the orchard and designated lawn chairs.
Upper Level: A staircase from the living room leads up to four bedrooms. There are two bedrooms each with a king-sized bed (which can be separated, upon prior request, to form two single beds) and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower. There is also a bedroom with a queen-sized bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower. The last bedroom has a king-sized bed and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and a claw-foot tub.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Tuscan Catering: 40 - 45 Euros per person per meal (including wine), prices vary depending on the menu
- Housekeeping: 10 Euros per hour
- Telephone (free long distance calls to land lines in Europe, U.S., and Canada or to cell phones in U.S. and Canada only): All other long distance calls will be extra and charged according to use
- Cooking lessons, massage, yoga: Upon request
- The twin-bedded room on the lower level can be made into a king-size bed upon prior request. The king-size beds on the upper level can be separated into twin beds upon prior request. Please mention this at time of booking.
- The double bedrooms on the lower level are actually a two-room suite, separated by a heavy curtain.
- The owner has made arrangements for clients to use three nearby shared pools. Two are within walking distance (15 and 30 minutes by foot).
- A change of towels is provided mid-week.
- A cell phone (with purchase of a prepaid phone card) is available.
- Welcome Basket: Complimentary Welcome Basket usually includes fresh artichoke pizza, fresh bread, home-made jam, cheese, cured beef, pasta, fresh fruit, fresh tomatoes, milk, cream, butter, yogurt, cereal, cookies, canned tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, coffee, tea, fresh olives, and wine.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- DVD player
- Ipod dock
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Ceiling Fans - Partial House
- Fans Available - Upon Request
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Extra Cost
- Firewood Available - Included
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Whole House
- High Chair
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Welcome Basket
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash or traveler's checks. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 USD or 400 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 9:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: