Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Private swimming pools along the Amalfi Coast may be hard to come by, but not at this charming villa near Maiori. Ideal for a couple or a family with older children, villa Giglio has a terraced garden overlooking the sea and charming interiors. With a bus stop nearby, it is easy to take daytrips to nearby Amalfi and Ravello.
- Location Description
This villa is located ten minutes away from the village of Maiori, which boasts a lovely beach and seaside promenade. All essentials (bars, shops, restaurants, banks, post office, etc) are within the village. As the SITA bus stop is situated just 30 meters away, the villa makes a good base for exploring the picturesque towns of the Amalfi Coast. Within easy reach are Positano, Amalfi, the lovely beach of Minori, and the charming town of Ravello and its famous 13th century residence Villa Rufolo. Nearby Vietri sul Mare is famous for its ceramics, which have been produced by skilled artisans since the 15th century. For history buffs, the impressive ruins at Pompeii and Paestum make good day trips. Ferries
and hydrofoils ply daily (during the summer) from Amalfi to Capri (1½ h.), Positano (20 min.), Ischia (2½ h) and Salerno (1 h.)
Please Note: While the Amalfi Coast is beautiful and charming, it is also steep, with many uphill and downhill stairs and walkways. In general, it is an area that is not kind to those of us with knee or mobility issues. This should be considered before booking a property in this area./p>
Naples (airport): 65 km/40 mi
Pompeii: 47 km/29 mi
Positano: 27 km/17 mi
Salerno: 20 km/12 mi
Vietri sul Mare: 16 km/10 mi
Ravello: 14 km/9 mi
Amalfi: 11 km/7 mi
Minori: 5 km/3.1 mi
Maiori: 3 km/2 mi
Bus Stop: 30 m/98 ft
- Exterior Description
(150 m2/1615 ft2) Situated on a rocky outcrop near a summit overlooking the sea, this property is located in a peaceful area of the Amalfi Coast. It features two terraces, one facing the sea, and the other in the backyard. Both terraces are furnished and have stone benches and dining tables for four people. Please note that the land has unguarded terraces and drops, so children under the age of 10 are not permitted at this property. The private swimming pool (3m x2m, open from May to October) is situated on a terrace below the villa. Surrounding the pool area are sun loungers and an external shower. From the private parking lot for one car, guests have to walk 30 meters along the main coastal road to reach the main gate of the villa. From the main gate, a short, uphill pathway of 200 meters (which includes 25 steps) leads to the main terrace in front of the villa.
- Interior Description
(60 m2/646 ft2)
Ground Floor: (accessed via 25 steps up from the road)
From the main terrace, a set of glass doors open to the villa’s living room and kitchenette. Furnished with a couch, corner fireplace, and TV, the living room also
has an air conditioning and heating unit. From the living room and up 10 wooden steps is a mezzanine level sitting area with a sofa and armchair. On the opposite side of the room is a table for four people and the kitchenette. The kitchenette is well-equipped with an oven, microwave oven, Italian-style coffee maker, American coffee maker, a toaster, and other small appliances.
Down four stone steps from the living room is the master bedroom. It has a queen size bed (160 cm), a wardrobe and bedside tables, an air conditioning/heating unit, and a glass door that leads to the backyard terrace. Adjacent from this bedroom is a large bathroom with a bathtub. The twin bedroom is reached by climbing up eight stone steps from the living room. It features two narrow single beds (80 cm; suitable for young people, only; cannot be joined), and air conditioning/heating unit, and a window overlooking the backyard. Adjacent to this bedroom is a bathroom with a toilet and sink, only.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas.
All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Food delivery: 30 Euros
- Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- Extra linen: 30 Euros per room
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen: 50 Euros a week
- Babysitting: 15 Euros per hour
- Private chef: Upon request
- Airport Transfers: Upon request
- Children under 10 are not permitted at this villa due to unguarded terraces and drops within the property grounds.
- There are 25 steps from the road to the main entrance of the villa.
- The 80 cm beds in the twin bedroom are suitable for young people only and
cannot be joined to form a larger bed.
- The private parking spot is for one car only.
- There are window screens in every room.
- Air conditioning and heating is provided by units found in the living room and
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Heating - Partial House
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Window Screens - Whole House
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable by cash or traveler's checks in euros. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 300 EUR
- Cleaning (Mandatory, payable upon arrival) - Weekly Charge: 80 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee on Saturday (between 8:00 pm and midnight) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Arrival Fee on Sunday (between 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrivals on Saturday after Midnight or Sunday after 8:00 pm are Not Accepted!
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: