Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Classic formal Italian gardens, arched stone doorways and painted ceilings, an antique swimming pool surrounded by statues, views of rolling hills and a walled medieval village. If this sounds like the ideal Italian villa vacation, this villa in Tuscany, Italy, is the choice for you. This estate surrounding this holiday villa in Tuscany includes everything it began with in the thirteenth century-- from wine cellars to a church and stables. At this Tuscany villa rental in northern Siena, you will be the master of your own domain! Spend days wandering through over five hundred acres of vineyards, olive groves, and gardens; or organize and outing to one of the nearby cities... including Siena and Florence. However you chose to spend your days, Tuscany will not disappoint you.
- Location Description
The villa is located on the top of a hill, facing the walled, medieval town of Monteriggioni. By car the small walled town is two kilometers away. It takes about 40 minutes to walk through the fields to reach the nearest town of Monteriggioni, where there are restaurants, a supermarket, a pharmacy, a gas station, and a church. There is a bus stop one kilometer away.
Florence: 58 km/36 mi
San Gimignano: 24.5 km/15 mi
Siena: 15 km/9 mi
Castellina Scalo: 4 km/2 mi
Monteriggioni: 2 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
(250 hectares) This villa in Tuscany, which has been owned by the same family since the 17th century, is part of a 13th century hamlet that includes an old farmhouse, wine cellars, olive oil mills, a carpenter shop, a small church, and stables. The property contains vineyards that produce a wonderful Chianti Classico, olive trees (which produce a tasty extra virgin olive oil), hay fields, and woods. The estate offers a view of rolling hills, the walled town of Monteriggioni, and in the distance, the towers of San Gimignano. Cypress trees line the unpaved, 500 meter driveway to the villa. The private area surrounding the villa consists of an Italian garden equipped with large sunshades, wooden deck chairs, and a marble table with wrought iron chairs for eight people. The swimming pool is surrounded by classical statues, and there is a bocce court in the back garden. There is ample room for parking on the property. The friendly and hospitable owners live on the third floor of the villa (with a separate entrance), and the guardians, as well as other farmers, live on the estate. The owners' dogs have their own enclosed garden; however, they can be heard during their daily walks on the property!
Besides this villa (which can accommodate eight people), there are other properties available for rent on the same Tuscan estate. There is a farmhouse (sleeps 12) and another farmhouse (sleeps 12, or two units that sleep four and eight). The entire estate can accommodate a total of 34 people. There is ample room for parking on the property. Overall, the house is a perfect retreat for family farmhouse vacations in Italy.
- Interior Description
Each floor is 400 m2. The faded elegance of 17th century Tuscan living is apparent throughout the villa. The dining room, the ballroom, the Empire bedroom, and the Egyptian library are decorated with frescos and original furniture.
Ground Floor: The ground floor has a large sitting room with frescos, decorated ceilings, columns, and fireplaces. There is a dining room area with seating for six. French doors open into the Italian garden. There is a billiard room and a modern kitchen with a big wooden table and a view of the back garden. A door leads to a shower room and two toilets.
First Floor: A cherry wood staircase leads up to the first floor, where the main entrance is located. There is a beautiful dining room decorated with frescos (seats up to 20 people), a library, and a sitting room. There are three double bedrooms and two bathrooms. The Cardinal bedroom has a double bed, two windows, and a fireplace. The Dutch bedroom has a queen bed, two windows, and a little sitting room with a library and telephone. The Cardinal and Dutch bedrooms share a bathroom with tub, bidet, WC, and wonderful views of Monteriggioni. The Empire bedroom has a double bed with a canopy, a private sitting room, and an ensuite bathroom with tub, bidet and WC. There is also a laundry room.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: 45 Euros per person
- Cooking Classes: 100 Euros per person
- Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
- Bike Rentals: Upon request
- Private Concerts: Upon request
- This property is on the same estate as
La Volta, and
- These properties can be rented together under the name
to accommodate more people.
- The villa does not have heating, so it is not available for rent in the winter months.
- No children under the age of 14 are allowed on the property, due to the antiques inside the villa and around the pool.
- The pool is open from the beginning of May until the middle of October.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- Billiard/Pool Table
- CD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Window Screens - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
Questions and Answers From Our Clients
(Click the question to view the answer)
Q: I'm an artist, a landscape painter, the most important thing is: Does it have great views, distant ground, and high mountains?
Ask a Question
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash or traveler's checks. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 12 EUR
- Extra Bed Linen and Towels: 30 EUR per set
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time