Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
- Life in the Umbrian countryside is a little slower-paced. Here is a good place to unwind, relax, take in the views, and plan day trips to Todi, Orvieto, Perugia and Assisi. This group of 5 apartments offers a nice place for a couple, family, or a group of friends.
- Location Description
This nice estate is located in a hilly and wooded area 7 km from the charming town of Todi. Only 2km from the E45 highway connecting Orte and Ravenna, it is a convenient location for visiting Umbria. The small village of Pian di San Martino, with a bar, post office and church, is less than 1km away. In Ponterio there is a supermarket, pharmacy, two banks, cafes, and a restaurant, as well as a bus stop and a local train station that links Sansepolcro to Terni.
Nearby Attractions: Museum of wine (Torgiano), Marmore waterfalls (rafting, canyoning and canoing), Solomeo (cashmere), Deruta (ceramics), Montecastello Vibio (smallest theatre in the world), Golf clubs: Santa Sabina and Lamborghini (Perugia).
Florence: 180 km
Siena: 140 km
Rome: 130 km
Assisi: 45 km
Perugia: 38 km
Orvieto: 35 km
Todi: 7 km
Ponterio: 1.8 km
Pian di San Martino: less than 1 km
- Exterior Description
- (About 8 hectares in land; 400m2 building)
The typical Umbria farmhouse has been converted in 5 independent apartments. The property, which includes a 3,000m2 garden, olive grove and walnut orchard, is fenced with an automatic gate. Each apartment has access a private portion of garden with garden furniture. The communal facilities include: a swimming pool (12m x 6m, open from 1 May to the end of September), sun deck, barbecue, lounge with Satellite TV and fireplace, laundry room (washing machine, 2 sinks, iron and ironing board), ping pong table. There is outdoor parking for each apartment. The last 400 meters of the road to the building is unpaved, but it is in good condition.
- Interior Description
- (72m2) Ground floor: There is a living/dining/kitchen room, and guest bathroom with a WC and sink. In the kitchen are a 4-burner gas cook top, electric oven, refrigerator, freezer, etc.
First floor: Up 20 steps is the first floor. There is a bedroom with a queen-size bed (160cm x 190cm), a twin-bedded room (each bed is 85cm x 190cm), and a bathroom with a shower, sink, bidet and WC. The wooden furniture and accents have been created by a craftsman-artist. There is independent heating, with units in each room.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Maid service: 12 Euros per hour paid locally
- Cook: 12 Euros per hour paid locally
- Linen change: 5.5 Euros per person paid locally
- Babysitting: 15 Euros per hour paid locally
- A hot tub is available for the extra cost of 2.5 Euros per 15 minutes or a flat weekly fee of 25 Euros.
- Crossbow archery is available for the cost of 0.50 Euro per arrow.
- Also Available: tasting of local produce, Umbrian wine and oil tasting.
Available Amenities: Independent heating, fireplace in the common lounge, bug screens, communal laundry room with a washing machine, oven, Satellite TV in the common room, fax in the reception, telephone (metered), portable crib upon request, free use of hydro bikes.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Shared
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Internet - Wireless
- Mobile Telephone Available - Extra Cost
- Washing Machine - Shared
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property a credit card will be held by the property manager to cover any extra charges or accidental damages incurred during the stay. 250 EUR
- Final Cleaning Charge (Minimum): 55 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 9:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 10:30-2:30 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Our onsite manager was super helpful. He answered all our questions about visiting the various towns, plus supplied us with train schedules for Rome and maps and booklets of Umbria. He also made booking for local musical events in the various towns. We did get to see and hear a concert in the smallest theatre in Europe. What a treat!
Every morning we would see a magnificant view of our hilltown, Todi. The sun was always shining on the towers and was delightful to see. The evenings were much the same. We also had access to satellite TV in the large meeting room.
We did not find anything not to like. The grounds were well maintained as was the pool. We had access to the fruits and vegetables grown in the area. What a pleasant surprise and treat. We especially enjoyed the figs and local tomatoes.
We enjoyed heading down the hill and waving at all the locals who waved back in return. We were within 6 minutes to E 45 that took us to Assisi, Deruta, Perugia, Todi, Monte Castello de Vibia, Orvieto. Spello, and Spoleto and the charming wine village, Montefalco. We also were able to train it to Roma from Terni which was a 30 minute drive from Podere San Martino.
Nearby Events or Locales:
The small town of Pian di San Martino had a post office, church and small cafe. The post office was never very busy and we never waited in line. While we could not walk there, it was only a 5 minute drive down the hill. A nice Supermercato was only 8 minutes away from our apartment and you could find all the necessary items you would ever want.
Tips or Restaurants:
You do have to bring TP and washing powder plus dishwashing soap. Other than that you could visit the Supermercato and buy whatever you needed and forgot to pack. All the restaurants were excellent in Todi and all the surrounding towns. Never had a bad meal, plus wine was great. We enjoyed "The Umbria" and "Panne and Vino" in Todi. Just yummy! Don't bother with any of the hotel restaurants.
Check In Out:
Not a problem!
Claudette, September, 2006