Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
This modern luxury villa with private pool in Catalonia is ideal for a large group of up to 16 people who want to experience the truly outstanding opportunity of staying near where Salvador Dali lived and painted for much of his life. The region is also renowned for its food and wine. The villa has a premier location overlooking the Bay of Port Lligat and every window offers a spectacular view in every direction. The villa is prefectly suited for 8 couples as each of the large double bedrooms has its own ensuite bathroom.
- Location Description
This luxury villa in Catalonia has an ideal location on the Bay of Port Lligat. It is on the edge of the Cap de Creus Natural Park and is located in a quiet, rural area. The coastline in this area of Costa Brava is rocky with many lovely coves and bays near the house, many of which can only be visited by foot or by boat. The beaches are pebbly but great for swimming and snorkeling. Cadaques is the nearest village and is within walking distance. It has some shops, a small supermarket, restaurants, cafes, etc.
Nearby Attractions: The property is located in a sheltered bay just meters from the beach where kayaks are available to rent. Salvador Dali’s house is a 5 minute walk and is now a fascinating museum and open for visitors most of the year. The proximity to Cadaques and to Dali’s house allows for a truly unique cultural experience. Cadaques is regularly featured in the press. It is a whitewashed village built around a large horseshoe bay, and it has retained much of the original style and architecture that has made it popular with artists, poets, and writers. It is a thriving community and its shops, restaurants and bars are open all year round. Additionally, there are lots of opportunities for talking walks in the Cap De Creus National Park and canoes and boats can be easily hired. Horseback riding is available as is scuba diving. There are also several good vineyards within one hour and tours can be easily arranged. Golf is also available within one hour.
Girona: 50 km/31 mi
Perpignan (France): 50 km/31 mi
Figueres: 35 km/22 mi
Peralada: 35 km/22 mi
Roses: 18 km/11 mi
Cadaques: 5-minute drive, 15-minute walk
- Exterior Description
The villa overlooks the Bay of Port Lligat and features a large private infinity pool (15 m x 7.5 m) with teak decking, built-in barbecue, sun lounges and umbrellas, plenty of seating and space for dining, and a double-sided, exterior fireplace. The pool is 2 meters at the deep end and has a massage water-jet and pool-side shower. It is available throughout the year (heating extra). There is also an adjacent outdoor Jacuzzi. The pool is near the house and not enclosed, therefore the property is not suitable for small children.
The grounds are landscaped and terraced with dry stone walls. There are over 100 olive trees, a vineyard, a kitchen garden, a petanque/outdoor game pitch and seating area. The whole estate is enclosed by stone walls. Access to the property is through a remote controlled gate behind which there is private parking for up to six cars. There is also a very large garage. There is excellent paved road access directly to the property. There is no public transport and a car or private transport is necessary.
- Interior Description
Lower Ground Floor: A polished wood staircase leads down to the lower ground level. Here there is a large living room (15 m x 10 m) with a small internal courtyard with fountain, a large screen back-projection cinema, table-tennis room, artists’ preparation room and indoor corridor access to the sauna/changing room complex.
The lower ground floor has four double bedrooms with king-sized beds (180 cm). Each of the beds can be divided into two 90 cms singles upon prior request. All of the bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms. Three of the bedrooms have large patio windows opening onto a private terrace with views of the Bay and of Salvador Dali’s house. Three of the ensuite bathrooms have both tub and shower. One bathroom has a shower only.
Ground Floor: The main living area (20 m x 10 m) has polished slate tile flooring, contemporary Italian furniture and large panoramic windows with spectacular views over the pool and bay and across the Mediterranean towards Cap de Creus. There are two seating areas, one with a large screen TV and DVD and fireplace, and another adjacent to a large grand piano. There is an additional area for dining and a guest bathroom. The main living areas of the villa have been architecturally designed to make use of the natural ventilation of air flows in the summer and have under-floor heating for the winter.
The kitchen has spectacular views and is professionally equipped with Smeg, Gaggenau, Seimens and Miele appliances including large Smeg oven, double fronted fridge-freezer with ice maker, 2 further ovens/microwaves, steam oven, 2 dishwashers, 2 wine cabinets, temperature control/air conditioning and ‘cool air curtaining’ around the main central cooking area.
There are a total of four bedrooms on the ground floor. The master bedroom has stunning views across the Bay, king-sized bed (200 cm), an adjoining dressing room with built-in cupboards and two ensuite bathrooms, one with walk-in shower and one with Jacuzzi bath and shower. The master suite also benefits from a self-contained kitchen with cook top, oven/microwave, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, and breakfast area.
The three other bedrooms also have ensuite bathrooms with both tub and shower. Two of the bedrooms have king-sized beds (180 cm) that can be divided into 90 cm singles upon prior request and one bedroom has a small queen-size bed (150 cm). All bedrooms have patio windows and individual temperature control/air conditioning.
Individual temperature control and air-conditioning is featured in all of the bedrooms and the kitchen.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Chauffeur/Driver: Upon request
- Private Tours: Upon request
- Babysitting: Upon request
- Pool Heating: 100 Euro per day
- Young children must be supervised as the pool is not fenced.
- Air Conditioning control is in all bedrooms and main kitchen. Under floor heating is available throughout living areas and architect designed ventilation system is located in the main living room.
- Pool Heating: Please note that to heat the pool, it requires heating about 4-5 days in advance to heat up. Please see pricing under Extra Services of pool heating per day.
- Housekeeping is provided for 3 hours per day. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- Ipod dock
- Jacuzzi Tub - Inside
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming Only
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 2000 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times) Payable upon Arrival: 15 EUR per hour
- Pool Heating - Daily Charge (must request prior to arrival as it takes several days to heat the pool): 100 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Non-refundable fee to arrange Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc): $40 paid to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival): $60 paid to Rentvillas.com
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 10:30-2:30 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: