Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
- This villa property rental in Sicily with private pool is perfect for a large family or a group of friends. The villa is located in the Castellammare del Golfo area and has spectacular views of the bay of Cala Bianca. The two-story Mediterranean style villa is surrounded by luscious palms, olives trees, and native landscape. An outside barbeque with oven, sink and wood-kiln encourage the preparation of traditional Sicilian dishes. The guests have exclusive use of the villa’s private pool and its spacious solarium. The villa is furnished with antique furniture and art objects. The nearby turquoise blue sea waters are perfect for swimming, sailing and various other water sports.
- Location Description
- The villa property rental is located in Sicily in the Castellammare del Golfo area. It is located near (3 Km) the natural reserve park of Lo Zingaro with its marvelous bays and Mediterranean vegetation. The nearby village of Scopello (2.5km west) rose up around a previous Arab country house. Scopella dates from the 18th century and has a market, restaurant, post office, bank and pharmacy. Nearby the village is a “tonnara” which is a tuna fishing structure dating from at least the year 1200. The villa is located near several sightseeing and archeological sites such as Segesta, Erice, and Selinunte.
Marsala: 64 Km
Palermo: 55 Km
Selinunte: 50 Km
Favignana Island: 35 Km from Trapani River Port
Levanzo Island: 35 Km from Trapani River Port
Marettimo Island: 35 Km from Trapani River Port
Erice: 28 Km
Segesta: 20 Km
Castellammare: 7 km
Scopello: 2.5 Km
- Exterior Description
The property is located about 400 meters from a highway, so it is quiet but easily accessible. It is located on the coast overlooking the bay of Cala Bianca. The main house is a two-story Mediterranean structure and has a path that leads to a private swimming pool. There is a much smaller structure in the back courtyard (about 100 m) that is not available for rentals and is used occasionally by the owners. The villa is surrounded by Mediterranean gardens which are linked by a stone terrace. There is outdoor furniture, such as a sofa, tables and chairs with the pool being located down a pathway and only available to rental guests. The property is fenced and there is an entrance gate. Parking is inside the property and is sufficient for 3 – 4 cars.
- Interior Description
- (250 m2)
Ground Floor: The ground floor features a wide living/dining room illuminated by many windows that frame the Mediterranean gardens. It is cozy, yet elegant, thanks to the décor of antique furniture and art objects. It has a fireplace and guests are encouraged to use it for those cool fall evenings. The kitchen is well equipped and decorated with hand-painted majolica. A glass door connects the kitchen with the outside barbeque complex. There is a single (100 cm) bedroom on the ground floor as well as a bathroom with shower and a laundry room with washing machine.
First Floor: A staircase in the ground floor living room leads to the upper floor where there are three other bedrooms. The main bedroom has an upholstered headboard for the queen-size (160 cm) bed. It has a tiled floor, antiques and a spectacular view of Cala Bianca. The entire bedroom is romantic and warm. The second bedroom is furnished more simply and delicately. It also features a queen-size (160 cm) bed. The third double bedroom has a little terrace perfect for breakfasts enjoying the splendid marine scene. The bedroom has a queen-size (160 cm) bed. The first floor also has a bathroom and tub.
- Features Description
- Available Amenities: Washing Machine, Dishwasher, Microwave, Oven, Toaster, Satellite TV, portable crib.
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Heating: 0.50€ per Kw/h
- Air conditioning (first floor only): 0.50€ per Kw/h
- Maid service: 10 Euros per hour
- Extra Bed (140 cm): 150 Euros per week
- Cook: 100 Euros per lunch and dinner
- Linen Change: 20 Euros per day
- Baby Sitting: 7 Euros per hour
Nearby Attractions: There are numerous sightseeing and archeological sites located in close proximity to the villa. In addition, there are nearby attractions such as boat rentals/charters, fishing, horseback riding, scuba diving and tennis.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Swimming Pool
- TV - English Channels Available
- Washing Machine
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times) Payable upon Arrival: 20 EUR
- Final Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 100 EUR
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 9:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 10:30-2:30 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
The gardens - the quiet and peaceful feeling about the place.
The bathroom plumbing- however it wasn't bad - one shower did not produce much water flow. Also the lack of a dryer, as our stay in the middle of winter made it difficult to get clothes dry. There was no easy access to a beach, but lovely views of the sea.
The garden was beautiful - lovely views of the sea. The accessibility to good roads in spite of the remote location of the Villa.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Scopello was the nearest town, but it was not within walking distance.
Tips or Restaurants:
This is a very lovely Villa, but somewhat remote. Definitely more a Spring-Summer-Fall rental as there is a nice outdoor cooking area, plus the garden.
Actually, the Owner of the property met some members of our family in Castellammare de Golfo to escort them to the Villa. Totally helpful and had no need of a GPS. Not sure anyone could find it without a GPS though.
Check In Out:
The Owner was very helpful - one of our concerns was heating and he had a load of firewood ready at our disposal. It was needed, as there is no heating on the ground floor, except for the fireplace.
polly, January, 2010