Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
Family reunion? Group of friends looking for a truly Tuscan experience? Whatever the makeup of your group, you will most certainly enjoy living in this lovely former hunting lodge that borders a private wildlife reserve. The two story restored villa is part of a 1000 acre private country estate dating back to the 14th century. It is on a gentle hill within its own private grounds and gardens. The villa has been fully restored in true Tuscan style using only top quality and original local materials. It has arched doorways, exposed beam ceilings and tiled floors. It has a large private pool with numerous lounge chairs for relaxing in the Italian sun.
- Location Description
The villa is very quiet and peaceful yet centrally located for easy exploration of the Tuscany area. It is in the community of Montaione. The nearest shops, banks, restaurants are in Montaione and Castelfiorentino.
Florence: 70 km/43 mi
Pisa: 68 km/42 mi
Siena: 60 km/37 mi
San Gimignano: 25 km/15.5 mi
Certaldo: 15 km/9 mi
Gambassi Terme: 15 km/9 mi
Montaione: 6 km/4 mi
Castelfiorentino: 6 km/4 mi
- Exterior Description
(3,500 m2/ 37,674 ft2)
The loggia veranda has cushioned teak furniture, sun beds, deckchairs, sun umbrellas and steps leading to the pool solarium on one side and onto the flat lawn area on the other. There is also a large covered barbecue area. The pool measures 15m x 7.5m and is 2.5m at the deep end. The pool is open from the beginning of May to the end of October. The pool, loggia and garden are all lit up at night so the facilities can be enjoyed around the clock. The private grounds and gardens border a wildlife reserve. There are woodlands, olive groves and vineyards to explore. There is plenty of private parking on the villa grounds.
- Interior Description
(400 m2/ 4,306 ft2)
Ground Floor: The ground floor is on one level and has no steps. It has a very comfortable lounge area with several couches and a large, open working fireplace. There is also a sitting/reading room with comfortable sofas and chairs, a satellite TV and a DVD player. There is a very spacious dining area with a main table that opens up to seat 20 comfortably. There are also two smaller tables for breakfast dining or children’s meals. The large country kitchen is fully equipped with dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, 6-burner gas cook-top, electric oven, etc. and is designed with cooking in mind. There are three air conditioned bedrooms on the ground floor. They all have private access to/from the exterior so there is no need to pass through the main part of the house. One bedroom has a queen-size (160 cm mattress) bed and an en-suite bathroom with shower. It has a French door onto the garden area. Another bedroom is quite spacious and also has a queen-size (160 cm mattress) bed and a private hallway leading to a bathroom with shower. The third bedroom is a twin-bedroom with two single (90 cm mattress) beds and an en-suite bathroom with shower. The twin-beds can be pushed together to form a king-size bed upon prior request. The bedroom also has double French windows that look onto the lawn and olive grove.
First Floor: The first floor has three wings, each with its own private entrance by an external original Tuscan stone staircase (old Tuscan villas were built this way). There are a total of six bedrooms and six bathrooms (two in each wing). All of the bedrooms are air-conditioned.
North East Wing: Private Tuscan stone staircase access with entrance hall. The first bedroom has a queen-size (160 cm mattress) bed and en-suite bathroom with shower. The second bedroom also has a queen-size (160 cm mattress) bed and a private bathroom with shower.
Central Wing: The Central Wing contains the Master suite which has a private Tuscan stone staircase access. It has a covered balcony, large lounge, dining area with small kitchen corner, bedroom with queen-size (160 cm mattress) bed and en-suite bathroom with shower. It also has a spacious twin-bedroom with two single (90 cm mattress) beds and en-suite bathroom with shower. The twin-beds can be pushed together to form a king-size bed upon prior request.
South Wing: The South Wing faces the pool and has a private Tuscan stone staircase access. It has a pool facing balcony, large lounge with dining area and small kitchen corner. There is a small sitting/reading room with a single sofa bed (available on request for an extra cost). There is a double bedroom with a queen-size (160 cm mattress) bed and a private bathroom with shower. There s also a twin-bedroom with two single (90 cm mattress) beds and another private bathroom with shower. The twin-beds can be pushed together to form a king-size bed upon prior request.
Poolside Granary Suite: The Poolside Granary Suite is located next to the pool. It has a large bedroom with queen-size (160 cm mattress) bed and an open fireplace. It also has an en-suite bathroom with shower. Large French doors open onto a private sun terrace. There are direct private steps that lead to the pool. The bedroom is air conditioned.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
- Linen Change: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Babysitting: Upon request
- There is no guest bathroom on the ground floor.
- Air Conditioning is only in the living areas and bedrooms.
- Housekeeping is provided twice per week. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
- The single sofa bed in the small sitting/reading room is available on request for an extra cost. Please inquire for pricing.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property a security deposit will be authorized on a credit card (Visa or Mastercard). The authorization amount is: 1000 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times) Payable upon arrival: 50 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time