Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Enjoy a superb apartment accommodation in Veneto, surrounded by rolling vine-covered hills dotted with small villages. At this conveniently located holiday castle, you’ll be able to explore local hill towns, go wine tasting, or take day trips to Padua or Venice. In the afternoon you can come home to this vacation rental in Veneto and enjoy a dip in the covered and heated swimming pool or cook your own authentic Italian meals.
- Location Description
The castle is located four kilometers from Monselice where there are shops, restaurants, and markets. Monselice is a town that dates back to 586 CE and features many interesting monuments and buildings from throughout the previous centuries. The Piazza Mazzini is Monselice’s main square and leads to the 12th century Santa Giustina Romanesque church, Villa Duodo, and the Carrarese Castle, a museum that today is home to many of Europe’s medieval weapons and armor. Rumor has it that the ghosts of of Jacopino de Carrara and his beloved Giudita still roam the castle today. A perfect destination for a day trip is the canal-filled city of Venice. As one of the top travel destinations in the world, Venice has plenty of amazing things to do and see. Although you may be inclined to take a gondola ride or two, be sure to visit the Grand Canal, St Mark’s Square, and the Basilica dei Frari.
Nearby Attractions: Monselice (shops, restaurants, markets, museum, ancient churches), Arqua Petrarca (medieval village), Venice: Jewish ghetto, restaurants, shops, markets, St Mark’s Square, Basilica dei Frari, Padua.
Verona: 120 km/75 mi
Bologna: 95 km/59 mi
Treviso: 85 km/53 mi
Venice: 60 km/37 mi
Padua: 17 km/10.5 mi
Monselice (Train Station): 3 km/2 mi
- Exterior Description
Dating back to 1150 and once referred to as the Monastery of Lispida, the property was bought by the Earls of Corinaldi in 1850. These new owners then added wine cellars to the property and began producing their own wine. During the early 1900’s, King Vittorio Emanuele the 3rd of Italy used the property as headquarters. Today, the castle and outbuildings are surrounded by parkland and lie in the center of the Euganean Hlls Natural Park. There are also olive groves, vineyards, trees, plants, and flowers making the landscape peaceful and beautiful. There is a shared, covered, and heated swimming pool (11.5 m x 3.5m) with jet streams looking out to the ancient monastic orchard. Sun loungers are nearby. Parking is available within the property grounds.
- Interior Description
First Floor: There is a living room with two single sofa beds and satellite TV, a kitchen with a microwave and dishwasher, one bedroom, and one bathroom. The bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and the bathroom has a sink, toilet, and shower. This apartment also has a billiard’s room.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Extra Housekeeping: 60 Euros
- Extra Towels: 10 Euros per person
- Laundry Service: 8 Euros per load
- Extra Bed: 22 Euros per day
- Castello Ricco is composed of 4 apartments. They can be rented out individually under the names
- This apartment is over the estate's wine bar, which can be noisy on weekends. In addition, there are occasional special events held at the castle, which can also result in noise.
- Wireless Internet signal at the apartments cannot be guaranteed due to weak signal because of the thick castle walls. If Internet needs to be used, you can use the Internet at the Reception Office, or in the gardens and the pool where the signal is better.
- Swimming Pool: Pool is open all year round, and it is heated up to 93 degrees Fahrenheit.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Shared
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- Billiard/Pool Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Clothes Dryer - Shared
- Washing Machine - Shared
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash or by credit card. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 200 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping (Available Upon Request) - Per Visit Charge: 60 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time