Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
This cozy studio apartment is located just down the street from Florence’s famed Duomo. For a couple looking to be within walking distance of everything from restaurants to shops to the best sights of the city, this holiday accommodation is the place.
- Location Description
The apartment is located in the center of Florence and is within walking distance of art galleries, museums, designer shops, restaurants, markets, and cafes. A rich history that has led to being one of the most culturally significant cities in Europe, Florence is full of life and places to see such as the Duomo, the Uffizi, Piazza Santa Croce, and the Accademia Gallery. The bus and train station are about a 15-minute walk away where you can easily take a bus to Siena and San Gimignano, or a train to Lucca and Pisa.
Nearby Attractions: The area around the Basilica di Santa Maria dei Fiore, commonly referred to as The “Duomo,” is considered the historic center of the city. From here it is possible to walk north to the San Lorenzo Church, the San Lorenzo outdoor market (where you can find all manner of clothing, shoes and bags,) as well as the not-to-be-missed Mercado Centrale, with its mouthwatering displays of food items. West and north is the train station and the Santa Maris Novella Church. While in this area, it is worthwhile to visit the Officina di Santa Maria Novella… the potpourri perfume will guide you. To the south are the Piazza della Signoria, the political center of Renaissance, the Uffizi Gallery, the Orsanmichele Church, the Casa di Dante, the Badia Fiorentina, and the Ponte Vecchio. Along the way are shops galore! One very interesting place is visit that is southwest of the Duomo, is the Palazzo Davanzati, a beautiful home with period furnishings, originally built in the 14th century. After years of renovation, it is finally open!
Il Duomo: 200 m/656 ft
- Exterior Description
The apartment is located on the third floor of a 16th century building with an elevator. It features views of the Duomo and Campanile of Giotto.
- Interior Description
(30 m2/322 ft2)
Third Floor (with elevator): This studio has a queen-size bed (160 cm), a table with chairs, and a small kitchen equipped with a cook-top, microwave, American coffee maker, and kettle. The apartment's windows face an internal courtyard and garden and is quiet. There is one bathroom with a sink and shower head attached to the wall (no cubicle, stall, or curtain). A separate toilet room is nearby.
- Features Description
- This apartment is located in the same building as Gerolamo 3,
which can be rented at the same time to accommodate more people.
- There is no separate shower cubicle or stall in the bathroom. The shower head is attached to the wall and does not have a curtain.
Features and Amenities
- Internet - Wireless
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine - Shared
- Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 150 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 11:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
We had a very nice time here. The apartment was clean and well equipped. It is old, but quaint.
This villa is perfectly located within walking distance to all the major tourist sites and the train station.
The host, Lorenzo, was very accommodating and helpful.
WiFi worked perfectly.
The elevator is small. We only used it when we transported our luggage.
Check in was somewhat confusing as we were unaware that we needed to call the key holder upon arrival. We didn't have a cell phone to phone him. Fortunately for us, a kind neighbor let us use his cell phone to call Lorenzo, who came within 5 minutes.
The area was great for our stay, close to major sites, restaurants, and a super market.
Tips or Restaurants:
A local restaurant with authentic and nontouristy food was Cibreo (recommended by Lorenzo).
The only directions were for driving. We took a taxi, so it worked ok, but we could have walked from the train station.
Check In Out:
Check out was fine -- just leave the key and close the door!
The local host Lorenzo was mot welcomıng and helpful and responsıve when anythıng needed attentıon.
It's at the back of the buıldıng overlookıng a courtyard, hence quıet.
The bathroom layout. One small room contaıns only the toılet and another room ıs a shower room that has a sınk ın ıt. We got used to the setup.
Wıthın a couple blocks of the Duomo, yet on the more resıdencıal sıde where there are fewer tourısts.
Tips or Restaurants:
When lookıng for restaurants, go to the San Ambrosıo area and see the restaurants near there and the outsıde bar seatıng ın the piazza. Close and not tourısty.