Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
If you’re looking for a vacation rental for a family or two, this restored farmhouse is likely to fit the bill. With a private pool, a manicured garden, proximity to a town with restaurants and shops, and a great location for daytrips into Lucca and the beach, this restored farmhouse is a convenient, fun choice for a family or a group of friends looking to explore Tuscany. There is another farmhouse on the same estate, in case your group is larger!
- Location Description
The property is located two kilometers from Camaiore, a village that is home to shops, restaurants, a market, and post office as well as St. Peter’s Abbey, a church founded by Benedictine monks featuring remnants dating back to the 13th century. About ten kilometers away is Lido di Camaiore, a beautiful beach that is bordered by restaurants, shops, and nightlife spots. Luna Park is a type of carnival held every summer in Lido di Camaiore and has games, rides, and food vendors and is fun for people of all ages. Day trip destinations can include other seaside towns such as Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi or to such historical cities as Lucca and Pisa.
Nearby Attractions: Camaiore (restaurants, shops), Lido di Camaiore (beaches), Pietrasanta, Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi (seaside towns), Pisa (airport), Lucca
Pisa (Airport): 45 km/28 mi
Lucca: 25 km/15.5 mi
Lido di Camaiore (Beaches): 10 km/6 mi
Camaiore: 2 km/1 mi
- Exterior Description
This farmhouse is set on a peaceful estate at the foot of a tree-filled hillside. There’s a large grassy area, a covered furnished patio for al fresco dining, and a private pool with nearby sun loungers. We have another property on the same estate, which can be rented at the same time. Please see our listing for Casa Marta 2.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: This floor has the farmhouse’s main entrance. There is a television room and a living room with couches. There’s an additional small sitting room. The dining room has a table and chairs. The fully-equipped kitchen has a dishwasher. There’s a bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet. There’s also a laundry room with a washing machine.
Right Wing: The right wing of the farmhouse is accessed from the ground floor and has two bedrooms. The first has a queen-size bed (160-170 cm) and a dressing room. The second has a large single bed (120 cm). There’s also a bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub, shower, toilet, and sink.
First Floor: This floor has three bedrooms. The first has twin-beds (85-90 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet. The second has a queen-size bed (160-170 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a bathtub, shower, toilet, and sink. The third has a queen-size bed (160-170 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet.
Attic Level: This level has a bedroom with a queen-size bed (160-170). There’s a bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: 15-20 Euros per hour
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Concierge Service: Upon request
- This farmhouse is on the same estate as
Casa Marta 2.
- Housekeeping is provided for 9 hours per week. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Swimming Pool
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Concierge Service Available - Extra Cost
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1000 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- AT THE TIME OF THE BALANCE PAYMENT, THE PRIMARY RENTER IS REQUIRED TO GIVE RENTVILLAS.COM THEIR PASSPORT #, ALONG WITH THE DATE AND PLACE THE PASSPORT WAS ISSUED. UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
It was a wonderful experience. The whole situation was superb, the staff were so welcoming and helpful. They were available whenever we needed them.
The peace and quiet, all the birds we heard, the beauty of the setting and the beauty and convenience of the villa.
The bedrooms were lovely but the beds were firm and not conducive to getting a good rest.
The area is lovely. The mountains and trees and the whole yard were very relaxing and we enjoyed the area very much. The road up to the villa was so different to what we are used to and so fascinating. The area is not overly "touristy" and that is a very good thing. We felt like we were seeing how people in Italy live. Camaiore is fascinating and we enjoyed visiting the various shops there. We were also close to lots of other areas to explore if we wanted. One of my favourites was Pietrasanto. Beautiful and interesting town and the road over the hills was an experience. Narrow, full of switchbacks and amazing views.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Camaiore and yes we did walk there on occasion.
Tips or Restaurants:
Sunscreen, good walking shoes, good appetites. Be sure to visit Lucca and Pietrasanto. We enjoyed the outdoor cafes in Piazza del Duomo in Pietrasanta.
We used the GPS and I don't think there is any other way to get there. The written directions were no doubt accurate but very hard to follow. We arrived late on Saturday evening and stayed in Pisa overnight and I was very glad we did. Getting there after dark would have been a challenge to say the least.
Check In Out:
Walter, the caretaker couldn't have been more welcoming or helpful. He responded to any of our needs immediately and was unfailingly pleasant and helpful. Rossana, the housekeeper, was so cheerful and lovely and communicated very well considering we couldn't speak Italian and she couldn't speak English.
Carol , May