Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
This inspiration for building this holiday villa came when a family visiting the area fell absolutely in love with Lake Como, which may be just what you decide to do too! Directly situated off of Lake Como, this vacation rental features a private garden and terrace that offer nothing but unobstructed views of the water. Fine tapestries, warm fabrics, and beautiful paintings flourish inside just enough to make you and your family feel like royalty during your holiday in Italy.
- Location Description
This villa is situated within walking distance of a few shops and restaurants but you're sure to find a larger selection in Cernobbio, which is three kilometers away. Cernobbio is a waterfront town that is full of shops, cafes, and restaurants. The streets are narrow and the piazzas feature cobblestones- both of which add charm to the town's already picturesque environment. Although filled with a wide range of luxury villas and mansions, Cernobbio's main attraction is the legendary Villa d'Este. Built in the 16th century, the Villa d'Este was once home to two generals, a ballerina, Caroline of Brunswick - the estranged wife George VI who actually gave it its current name - and a czarina of Russia until it became a hotel in 1873. Gorgeous gardens surround the villa that includes dozens of different flowers and even a mosaic from the time it was built. Como, located at the southernmost tip of the lake which bears its name, is perfect for a day's outing. Sights in Como include the Duomo, the austere church of San Abbondio, the Piazza S. Fedele (with many 400-year-old buildings), and the Basilica, one of the masterpieces of the maestri comacini (Como masters). Lake Como is lined with medieval and renaissance villages so taking a trip in any direction will lead you to beautiful and historical cathedrals, palazzos, and piazzas.
Nearby Attractions: Shops, restaurants, Cernobbio (shops, cafes, restaurants, cobblestone piazza's, Villa d'Este), Como (Duomo, chuches), medieval villages with cathedrals, palazzos, and piazzas.
Milan: 50 km/31 mi
Como: 7 km/4 mi
Cernobbio: 3 km/2 mi
Shops, Restaurants: Within walking distance
- Exterior Description
(2000 m2) The villa is situated directly off of Lake Como and is surrounded by a private garden of trees, flowers, and plants. There is a private terrace (70 m2) furnished with sun loungers and a table with chairs. There is also a ping pong table and an outdoor heated Jacuzzi spa for six people with a panoramic view. A staircase from the terrace leads down to a private dock that guests can use should they rent a boat or take a water taxi to visit different villages around the lake. To the left side of the garden, overlooking the lake, there is a swimming pool (10.2 x 4 x 1.5 meters; open early May until late September) and 10 sun chairs. Parking is available for up to four cars within the grounds.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The entrance leads to a double living room furnished with period furniture including couches and chairs, satellite TV, and French doors opening to the terrace. There is a dining room with a table and chairs, fireplace, and French doors opening to the terrace. The kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and dishwasher. There is one bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower.
First Floor: An interior staircase leads up to a study room, with a desk and internet connection. There are two double bedrooms each with an open lake view, one has a double bed of 150 cm x 205 cm, the other one has a bed of 175 cm x 195 cm. There are two more double bedrooms with an open lake view - bed sizes are 150 cm x 190 cm and 140 cm x 195 cm. There is a single bedroom with a glass door available on request. There are four bathrooms with garden views: 1 with shower, 1 with shower and tub, and 2 bathrooms with tub.
Mansard (Attic) (no lake view from this floor): There is one large bedroom with a double bed (170 cm x 195 cm) and an additional single bed (82 cm x 192 cm), TV, and wardrobe. There are three twin-bedded rooms (beds cannot be joined). There is a large bathroom with a shower and a Jacuzzi tub. There is a bathroom with shower.
Basement: There is a laundry room with a washing machine.
- Features Description
Arrive & Relax: This property allows you to show up, drop your bags, and settle in without a hassle. No searching for a grocery store after that long flight, and no worrying about Sunday store closures. You can deal with the details later… after a meal and a good nights' sleep! Arrive & Relax provisions include:
- Welcome Dinner: This simple meal will be left for you with heating instructions and includes: a pasta dish, vegetable dish, salad, fruit, bread, and wine. li>
- Stocked Pantry: Basic groceries will be provided according to the number in your party. Supplies will include milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, and cereal
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Baby Crib: Upon request
- This property can also be rented under the name
Villa Comasca - 16
to accommodate more people.
- Housekeeping is provided for 3 hours per day, Monday through Friday. Linens are changed on Wednesday. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- DVD player
- Jacuzzi Tub - Inside
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Welcome Basket
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 2000 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen (Weekly Charge): 100 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Air conditioning: According to consumption
- Cleaning - Weekly Charge: 350 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Electricity (above 200 euros per week): According to consumption
- Pool Heating (on request) - Weekly Charge: 150 EUR
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time