Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Spending holidays in original Trulli houses is the best way to enjoy your stay in Puglia. Relax and rejuvenate at this typical Apulian villa. Explore the nearby charming towns and the Castellana Grottos that were formed over 90 million years ago! And when the sun goes down, you’ll want to dine alfresco. Grill fresh fish in the stone barbecue area and make a toast to the sunset.
- Location Description
You’ve dreamed of places like Alberobello or Ostuni in Puglia. Nestled in the verdant countryside just 4.3 miles away from Alberobello, Villa Melinda awaits you. It is in a complex of 4 authentic Trulli houses that features a pool, an outdoor stone barbeque, open-air gazebos and exquisite gardens. Exclusive rental of all 4 trulli houses on the property is possible. The complex is situated in the heart of the Itria Valley, which connects Alberobello to the other towns of Cisternina, Martina Franca, Locorotondo, Messapica, Fasano, and Ostuni. These towns in the Itria Valley all have stunning historical centers characterized by whitewashed houses and flowering balconies that overlook narrow, tangled streets.
Nearby Attractions: The opera festival of Valle d’Itria is held each summer in July and August.
Torre Guaceto (WWF Oasis): 58 km /36 miles
Bari (airport): 52 km /32.3 miles
Ostuni (The white town): 35 km /21.7 miles
Cisternino (One of the most beautiful villages in Italy): 26 km/16.1 miles
Polignano a Mare (The gem of the Adriatic): 26 km /16.1 miles
Martina Franca (Hometown of “festival della valle d’Itria”): 25 km/15.1 miles
Monopoli – train station: 15 Km /9.3 miles
Beach: 10 km /6.2 miles
Alberobello (Train Station): 8 km /4.9 miles
Castellana Caves: 1 km /0.6 miles
- Exterior Description
Villa Melinda is a magnificent stone villa. The olive tree grove is doubtless a flagship of this property. The villa has a private 80 square meter infinity swimming pool. The pool area is equipped with lounge chairs and is surrounded by a stone BBQ area and an extraordinary outdoor kitchen. This outdoor kitchen, which can be left open or closed depending on guests’ needs, can host up to 10 people and includes a wide table and 10 chairs. Next to the outdoor kitchen, guests can lounge in a spacious, covered veranda, which is tastefully furnished with a table, chairs and sofas.
- Interior Description
Villa Melinda comfortably hosts up to 8 people in elegant style. The villa is decorated with period furniture, local craft products, pillows and tablecloths embroidered by the expert hands of Apulian embroiderers.The entrance door of the villa opens to the main area that features a sitting room and an antique stone fireplace. This room leads to the sleeping area and to the living area. Villa Melinda’s living area includes a kitchen, a large table with ten chairs, a comfortable double sofa bed and a TV. The kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, refrigerator, an electric oven, microwave oven, a tea kettle, an Italian coffee maker and an electric coffee machine. The kitchen opens up onto a veranda furnished with a table and chairs, so perfect for alfresco dining. Next to the living area a private laundry room is equipped with a washing machine, wash-basin, iron and ironing board. Villa Melinda’s sleeping area consists of 3 double bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The first double bedroom (190cmx160cm) has an ensuite bathroom equipped with a shower, sink, toilet and hairdryer. The second and third bedrooms both have a double bed (190cmx160cm). The second bathroom is located at the beginning of the sleeping area and is equipped with a sink, toilet, bidet, and shower, hairdryer and flat iron. The third bathroom is located at the end of the sleeping area is equipped with a sink, toilet, bidet, washing machine, shower, hairdryer and a flat iron.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Mid-week Cleaning: €150
- Mid-week linen change: €150
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Area - Shared
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- CD player
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating - Weekly Charge: 300 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Late Arrival Fee (Payable upon Arrival): 50 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: