Click image for all photos
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
- About The Experience
From the original oil paintings to the antique furnishings, this luxurious accommodation is the epitome of classic Tuscan aristocratic charm. Nearby Lucca can be reached in just minutes and offers an excellent selection of museums, cultural sights, restaurants, and shopping. Proximity to the village of Vorno is also a major highlight, considering it's only a 5-minute walk from this luxury villa in Tuscany.
- Location Description
The villa is located in the village of Vorno, in the hills south of Lucca. The road leading to the luxury villa is a cul-de-sac, and there are other villas nearby. It is only a 5-minute walk to the center of the village of Vorno, and only a 3-minute walk to the nearest bus stop. Vorno offers an Italian village shop for basic needs, a butcher, and a bar. The beautiful walled town of Lucca is only 15 minutes by car.
Nearby Attractions: Lucca, Montecatini Terme, Pisa, the coastal towns of Versilia. Wine tours can be arranged at Fattoria Fubbiano or Fattoria Maoinchi.
Portofino: 142 km/88 mi
Cinque Terre: 112 km/69.5 mi
Florence: 65km/40 mi
Pisa: 29 km/18 mi
Lucca: 8 km/5 mi
- Exterior Description
This large, early 19th century luxury villa in Tuscany has been carefully restored and modernized. It is elegantly furnished with many antiques. The villa is located in the village of Vorno, in the hills south of Lucca. The. In addition to the luxury villa, there are olive groves, vineyards, and pine forests, as well as a chapel, a floodlit tennis court (astroturf), a large swimming pool, and a garden. On the patio by the pool is a table for 24 people overlooking the olive groves. There are also lounge chairs, small tables, and umbrellas. There is a quiet spot with a table and chairs in the lemon garden; an outside table seating 8 people at the coach house; and another table seating 10 people close to the chapel, underneath the wisteria. Benches can also be found in the front of the property. There is parking for 8 cars. A car is recommended, but public transportation is available by bus and taxi.
- Interior Description
The villa is elegantly furnished with many antiques.
Ground Floor: From the main entrance hall there is a guest bathroom and the “Puccini” bedroom, a Premium room with a king-size bed, which can also be converted into two twin-beds, and an ensuite bathroom. This bedroom is perfect for people who do not like stairs! There is also a small dining room, a kitchen (with oven, microwave, stove, refrigerator, freezer and dishwasher) and laundry room (with washing machine and dryer). To the right of the small dining room is the main dining room, which seats 24. Also on the ground floor you will find a cozy living room with a TV and CD player, and a library with a game table and internet access. Next to the villa's kitchen there are various pantries leading to the main kitchen, where cooking demonstrations are held. The large room is a wonderful place for breakfast or lunch on hot days.
Mezzanine Level: This part of the house can be accessed from a separate outside entrance (from the side lawn), or midway between the ground floor and the first floor. If entering from inside the main villa, the twin-bedded room, “Girasole” is entered first. This is a Standard bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with shower. The main “Limonaia” bedroom is a Deluxe room with a king-size bed, a sitting area, and an ensuite bathroom with tub. This bedroom is accessed from the side lawn (or through the twin-bedded room).
First Floor: The “Nottolini” bedroom is a Premium room with a king-size bed, a frescoed ceiling, and an ensuite bathroom with tub and shower head. The “Camellia” bedroom is a Premium room with a king-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with tub and shower head. The “Dante” bedroom is a Deluxe room with a king-size bed, which can also be converted into two twin-beds. It has an ensuite bathroom with a large Jacuzzi, a separate shower, and a spacious dressing area. The “Verdi” bedroom is a Premium room with a king-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with shower. On this floor is the main drawing room (10.6m x 7.6m) with a fireplace and grand piano.
Second Floor: The “Azurra” bedroom is a Premium room with a king-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with tub. There are two Standard rooms each with two twin-beds: “Napoleone” and "Fiori." These bedrooms share a separate bathroom with shower, located down a few steps on the half-landing. The “Zano” bedroom is a Standard room with a king-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with a shower head. The “Garfagnana” bedroom is a Standard room with a king-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with tub and shower head.
Basement: There is a game room with a pool table.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Laundry Service: Upon request
- Cars/Transportation: Upon request
- Pool Heating (Above 24 C): Upon request
- This property is on the same estate as
- These properties can be rented together under the name
Villa Lucchese and La Casetta
to accommodate more people.
- Welcome Prosecco and canapes are provided upon arrival.
- Free Transfer Service from Pisa Airport to the villa.
- The pool is open from the beginning of May until the end of September and is heated at 24 C.
- Housekeeping is provided daily with 2 Maids.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Shared
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Tennis Court - Shared
- Billiard/Pool Table
- CD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
To hold, book, or get pricing for the property.
Our Best Price Guarantee
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Along with the final payment a security deposit is due in addition to a deposit to cover costs of food and wine. The security deposit will be returned to you within one month after the telephone bill is received minus any extra charges (I.e. telephone, fax, and transportation costs) or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit and food and wine deposits are: 3000 USD; 3000 USD
- Air Conditioning: According to consumption
- Telephone/Fax/Internet: According to consumption
- Maid service is included 5 days per week in the rental price
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Extra Services (cook, housekeeping, etc) may be arranged for a non-refundable fee payable to Rentvillas.com. Last minute requests (less than 2 weeks prior to arrival) will be an extra charge. Please inquire for pricing.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
We had a wonderful family reunion at this villa. It was perfect for us. The Villa was beautiful and easily accommodated 16 of us. It is furnished in antiques with many frescos and original oil paintings. The villa was both beautifully restored and maintained in excellent condition. The tennis court and swimming pool are in excellent condition. There is even an internet connection. The bedrooms are all a very good size, as are the baths. The food and service were excellent. Lucca is only a few minutes away and is a wonderful town with nice shops and restaurants. The Villa is also close to the autostrada which makes it easy to go to other places in the region. There are many day trips that can be made from the Villa.
Overall appearance and comfort of the Villa; the food; and the service.
Beautiful area. Lucca is a charming town with a number of nice stores and restaurants.
Nearby Events or Locales:
There are a number of day trips from the Villa: hill towns, Pisa, Cinque Terra, Florence, Vinci, beach and Carrera mable fields.
Tips or Restaurants:
Take advantage of Guiseppi's (manager's) knowledge of Italian wine and olive oil.
Staying at the Villa is like being queen for a week in your own palace. We found we never wanted to leave, and spent most of our late afternoons and evenings there. It was much more than we expected. Brochures don't do it justice. Good value. All the rooms are elegant, the grounds are glorious, bathroom fixtures and plumbing are superb. Lucca was charming and easy to navigate. We loved the quality of all the furnishings, the grounds and the sense that it was our house. Library was greatly appreciated. Bring parlor games and cards for after dinner fun. The pizzeria down the street, Bimbotti is fantastic.