Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
A spacious living room with a large, open fireplace and classic stone archways await you at this well decorated Tuscany holiday villa. With sprawling gardens and grounds, you will have plenty of space to stroll, and a nearby medieval walled city provides charming views and local charm. When you rent this villa in Tuscany, you'll also be within easy day-trip distance of Siena and Florence, so you will have endless opportunities for sightseeing. Of course you can also stay home to relax at this Tuscany vacation rental, or even take a class in traditional Italian cooking!
- Location Description
The villa is located on the top of a hill facing the walled medieval town of Monteriggioni. It takes about 40 minutes to walk through the fields to reach Monteriggioni, where there are restaurants, a supermarket, pharmacy, gas station, and a church.
Florence: 45 km/28 mi
Siena: 10 km/6 mi
Castellina Scalo: 4 km/2.5 mi
Monteriggioni: 2 km/1.2 mi
Bus Stop: 1 km/0.6 mi
- Exterior Description
This property in Tuscany, which has been owned by the same family since the 17th century, is part of a 13th century hamlet that includes an old farmhouse, wine cellars, olive oil mills, a carpenter shop, a small church, and stables. The property contains vineyards that produce a wonderful Chianti Classico, olive trees (which produce a tasty extra virgin olive oil), hay fields, and woods. The estate offers a view of rolling hills, the walled town of Monteriggioni, and in the distance, the towers of San Gimignano. Huge cypress trees line the unpaved, 500 meter driveway to the estate entrance.
The bright and spacious farmhouse is ideal for families and groups. It is composed of two units (offered here together), one that sleeps 4 and one that sleeps 8. It has a shared infinity-edge swimming pool (15m x 7m) and a garden area overlooking the vineyards. There is also a private garden area with a barbecue and marble table. The friendly and hospitable owners live on the third floor of the villa, and the guardians, as well as other farmers, live on the estate. The owners' dogs have their own enclosed garden; however, they can be heard during their daily walks on the property!
Besides this farmhouse (which can accommodate 12 people), there are other properties available for rent on the same Tuscan estate. There is a villa (sleeps eight) and another farmhouse (sleeps 12). The entire estate can accommodate a total of 34 people. There is ample room for parking on the property. Overall, the house is a perfect retreat for family farmhouse vacations in Italy.
- Interior Description
This farmhouse is comprised of two units that sleep a total of 12 (only 10 during the winter months)
Ground Floor: There is a laundry room with washing machine and coat stand. Stairs lead to the common entrance, which has a large arched window.
First Floor: The cozy living room is large with a massive fireplace, terra cotta floors and comfortable furniture. The kitchen has a Tuscan wooden table that seats 12. There are four double bedrooms each with canopy beds, two twin-bedded rooms (which cannot be connected), one bathroom with tub, and three bathrooms with showers.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- This property is on the same estate as
La Casa, and
- These properties can be rented together under the name
to accommodate more people.
- During the winter this property only sleeps 10, since one bedroom has no heating.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Area - Shared
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - Local Channels Only
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Heating - Partial House
- Fans Available - Upon Request
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Extra Cost
- Window Screens - Whole House
- High Chair
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Welcome Basket
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash or traveler's checks. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1300 EUR
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 12 EUR
- Extra Bed Linen and Towels: 30 EUR per set
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 5 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
We had a wonderful experience at this property. It was a perfect location close to Siena.
The location, the grounds and the warm welcome from the family that owns the property. The pool was perfect, as was the ping pong table that afforded us a fun activity for the days when we were relaxing at the Villa and not visiting the many surrounding villages that are great to visit.
The lack of screens and the mosquitos. In addition, we were fortunate to have a very friendly and nice family of 16 staying in the adjacent property. They were very courteous and did not display any inappropriate behavior given that we had young children with us. I only mention this so potential renters are aware that you do share the pool area and the pool with the adjacent building. It would be great if the owners would clear the trail a bit better to the village because right now it is virtually inaccessible on foot.
The beauty, serenity, it was awesome.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Monteriggioni was not really within walking distance because the only access was by walking along a busy road with no room for pedestrians, or through an overgrown trail that was treacherous with uneven surfaces below the high grasses, and required crossing two streams of running water.
Tips or Restaurants:
Yes, bring lots of bug spray and candles! It will be a great experience all the way around though in spite of very few complaints that I mentioned here.
Show All 5 Reviews
Being on a working farm with wine and olive oil - and the history of the place.
Very nice owners.
Stairs, we had one old person that had trouble with the steps.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Monteriggioni, yes we walked there once.
Tips or Restaurants:
All of the food in Monteriggioni was good, and not too expensive.
Show All 5 Reviews