View all photos
- About The Experience
This amazing Spanish castle in Cataluna is yours to command! With beautifully restored, authentic furnishings, the best thing about this holiday villa in Spain is still its fantastic views. Though you are located in a quaint rural area, this villa rental in Spain is within easy driving distance of the Costa Brava and many wonderful towns, including Girona. Portion your time between relaxing at this ancient abode, lounging on great beaches, and exploring characteristic Spanish villages, all near this villa in Spain.
- Location Description
This castle is located in the rural village of Sant Mori, in the Ampurdan district of the Girona province, on the Iberian Peninsula of Spain. Constructed largely in the 16th century, it has a classic Gothic-Renaissance style. Perhaps the most historic moment in this castle's long history was the stay of Queen Juana Enriquez and the young prince Fernando—later to marry Isabel. Sant Mori is a rural village of 200 inhabitants, not far from Figueres, the capital of Ampurdan. The castle is only 10 km from the highway, and 40 km south of the French border. The nearest train station is in Flassà, which connects to Girona and thence to the rest of Europe. A short drive takes you to the beaches and coves of the Costa Brava towns of L'Escala, Sant Pere Pescador, D'Empuries, and more.
Nearby Attractions There are eight golf courses located within the vicinity of Sant Mori. Girona has interesting museums, such the Archeological Museum of Catalonia, the Cathedral Museum, the Art Museum, the City History Museum, the Museum of Jewish History, and the Cinema Museum. In Figueres, there is a Dali Museum, among others. The Costa Brava beach towns of Lescala, Sant Pere Pescador, and Dempuries are eight kilometers away.
Barcelona (Airport): 131.4 km/83 mi
Perpignan (in France): 70 km/43 mi
Girona (Airport): 32.7 km/20 mi
Figueres: 20 km/12 mi
Flassa: 15 km/9 mi
Costa Brava: 8 km/5 mi
Restaurants: 6 km/4 mi
- Exterior Description
(1100 m2 + terrace 500 m2) The castle, built during the 12th and 13th centuries, underwent a major renovation in the 15th century. In addition to the whole castle, there is an independent annex on the property that may be rented to accommodate a larger group (sleeps 6). The castle has four floors, a garden terrace (500 m2) with a covered lounge, and a private swimming pool (6m x4m and very deep). There are also many beautiful trails for walking, hiking, or biking around the castle.
- Interior Description
Four floors with elevator. All of the bedrooms feature unique furnishings and décor inspired by the castle's history.
Ground Floor: The ground floor has a kitchen, dining room, meeting room, large home cinema room with TV and PlayStation, and a guest WC. The maid’s quarters are also on this floor.
First Floor: This floor includes a spacious living room with a fireplace, a library, and four bedrooms each with two twin beds (some of the beds can be combined to make a queen size bed). Two of the bedrooms have an ensuite bathroom with tub and the other two bedrooms have an ensuite bathroom with shower.
Second Floor: There are two bedrooms each with two twin beds (beds can be combined to make a queen size bed) and ensuite bathrooms with shower. There is a separate bathroom with shower and a separate bathroom with tub.
There are additional rooms on the second and third floor which can be used if renting the castle for more than 14 people. See Castillo Catalunia for more details.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Catering/Cook Service for lunch or dinner: Upon Request
- Housekeeping is provided Monday through Friday, 3 hours per day.
- A light breakfast (coffee, tea, milk, juice, butter, jam, bread and croissants) is provided each morning.
- The property can be rented for more people under the listing for
Castillo Catalunia (26).
Features and Amenities
- Elevator (in Building)
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Billiard/Pool Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Ceiling Fans - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- One month prior to your arrival at the property, you are required to pay a security deposit directly to the owner by wire transfer. The security deposit will be returned to you by wire transfer within two weeks of your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 1500 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement