View all photos
- Location Description
The villa is located on the shores of Lake Maggiore, which is in the lake district (one of Italy's most popular vacation spots) of the Piedmont region in northern Italy. The nearest village is Solcio, which has a grocery shop, a church, and a three-star restaurant. The nearest larger village is Lesa, which offers a pharmacy, a post office, three restaurants, a petrol station, a coffee shop, and a little harbor. The nearest airport is Milan Malpensa.
Nearby Attractions: Tennis court (1 km), golf course (5 km), boat rentals and water skiing/water sports at the boat club of Stresa (5 km), horseback riding (8 km), Summer-skiing (Switzerland; 90 km).
Locarno (Switzerland): 80 km/50 mi
Milano: 80 km/50 mi
Como: 60 km/37 mi
Stresa: 10 km/6 mi
Arona: 7 km/4 mi
Lesa: 1 km/0.62 mi
Solcio: 400 m/1312 ft
- Exterior Description
(10,000 m2) This private and picturesque villa is situated in a secluded residential area that was once a palace garden. The house is far from busy streets — a quiet, paved road leads to the entrance of the gated community. The area immediately surrounding the house is made up of flowers and manicured lawns. The property offers a beautiful view of the lake (which is only a few steps away from the house), and it has its own landing dock. Guests may park a car on the premises. The house has two wings: one occupied by the guests and one occupied by the owners.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The house is built in Mediterranean style, with thick walls painted in white, shining terracotta floors, and naturally-colored arched windows and doors. There is a living room with a billiard table, fireplace, and satellite TV. There is also a dining room and a kitchen equipped with microwave, oven, and toaster. One bedroom has a 115 cm large single bed and an adjacent bathroom with a sink, toilet, and a separate shower and tub. In a loft above the single bedroom is the master bedroom, with a 160 cm queen-size bed. It is open to the room below. The loft also has a small single bedroom suitable for a child under 6 years of age. Accessed through the single bedroom on the ground floor there is a double room with a 160 cm queen-size bed and an ensuite bathroom. This room also has independent access from the garden. The master bedroom has AC.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Air conditioning is found in the double bedroom and single bedroom and is included in the rental price.
- The stairs leading to the loft are narrow, making it necessary to watch your steps as you go down.
- The loft is not recommended for tall people as the ceilings are not very high.
- There is no bathroom in the loft area.
- No more than 3 children accepted. The prices are for a maximum of 5 people, including children and babies. A 6th person is accepted if not more than 6 years of age, for 150 Euros per week.
- Pets are allowed for 60 Euros per week.
Features and Amenities
- Near the Water
- Walk To Town
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Billiard/Pool Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 800 EUR
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen (Weekly Charge): 100 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Heating - Daily Charge: 30 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Arrivals (After 9:00 pm): Not Accepted
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 3 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Wonderful host/owner--very accommodating and helpful.
The location on the lake, the dock, and the use of kayaks.
White water rafting and tennis.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Directions are easy.
Check In Out:
Check in and out was seamless.
Pristine lakefront setting with gorgeous view and no road noise. The availability of the kayaks was a wonderful plus!!!
There was only a single bed that was not for a single-person, and it is in an open loft with no view and only two tiny windows for ventilation. Not a big gripe, but not ideal.
Lots to do and see, and lake activities as a break from cultural sightseeing.
Nearby Events or Locales:
The two restaurants within walking distance were both poor, but there is a grocery within walking distance. Otherwise one has to drive for everything else.
The villa was extremely clean and well presented. The owner was also lovely. Very helpful.
Location The owner was extremely helpful.
Lack of hot water in the kitchen.
The view and quietness of the area.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Stressa was not within walking distance. However there were some lovely small villages within walking distance of the villa.
Tips or Restaurants:
Bring mosquito repellant. 10 Commandments restaurant in a nearby village.